Didn't realize how devastating the roughing the passer call on Trubisky could've been

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
tenor.gif

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Time for the boy to become a man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I don't think it was intentional as much as putting Trubisky out there with unskilled offense vs unskilled defense. It's ridiculous they're treating him like he was a late draft long shot instead of a #2 pick.

Sid.Luckman

Drunk
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree, Mitch should be bumped to the #2 spot. Sanchez is already getting #3 reps in the preseason games.

Mitchapalooza

I agree, Mitch should be bumped to the #2 spot. Sanchez is already getting #3 reps in the preseason games.
Sanchez gets one useless series each pre-season game before Mitch and i don't know why

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
He got lucky, wow. Pace and the coaching staff would have been chastised by the media (they still should be) for playing a #2 draft pick behind a make shift O line many of which won't even make the roster.

Even worse, Arians wants nothing more than to wreck us every chance he gets. I wouldn't be surprised if he told his backups to rough up our young qb.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Sanchez gets one useless series each pre-season game before Mitch and i don't know why

That part really makes no sense. If he's a vet who doesn't need the reps to be a backup make Trub #2 and give Sanchez a few practice reps with other players here and there.
I really doubt if he's getting much of anything going in for one preseason series.

Sid.Luckman

Drunk
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe it is so they could minimize the screaming for Mitch by creating a buffer. It also allows them to send a vet in if Glennon goes down mid game. However, they now see that won't work as Mitch has played too well. I honestly hope to see Mitch at #2 against the Titans. Then again Fox is a stubborn jackass who is set in his ways. It will likely be up to Loggains to convince Fox.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Sid.Luckman

Drunk
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even worse, Arians wants nothing more than to wreck us every chance he gets. I wouldn't be surprised if he told his backups to rough up our young qb.
Highly doubt that. Arians wants to show the Bears the mistake they made but he has never been a dirty coach.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would there be less chance of injury with better players? Do 1st team players not get injured in the NFL?

I think the difference is nominal when it comes to who you are playing with.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Hey rookie trying to make a name for yourself did you not know dragging your way to grab hold of the QB's knees was a penalty in the NFL?
Hey rookie trying to make a name for yourself did you not know attacking the QB's head in any way is a penalty in the NFL?
That's why.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey rookie trying to make a name for yourself did you not know dragging your way to grab hold of the QB's knees was a penalty in the NFL?
Hey rookie trying to make a name for yourself did you not know attacking the QB's head in any way is a penalty in the NFL?
That's why.

so we should potentially artificially raise the level of expectation of our young franchise QB and prevent our starter from getting reps with the 1s just so there is a slightly less chance of an injury.

Trubisky did get time with the twos, but unless you want to either reduce the amount of snaps he gets in preseason at the end of games or play the guy(Glennon) who will probably start game 1 and relegate him to working with 2s and 3s. Then Trubisky will be playing with 3s and it is unavoidable.

What it seems you are really trying to say is just name Trubisky the starter, give him the keys to the castle and say fuck it, and hope he develops.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
so we should potentially artificially raise the level of expectation of our young franchise QB and prevent our starter from getting reps with the 1s just so there is a slightly less chance of an injury.

Trubisky did get time with the twos, but unless you want to either reduce the amount of snaps he gets in preseason at the end of games or play the guy(Glennon) who will probably start game 1 and relegate him to working with 2s and 3s. Then Trubisky will be playing with 3s and it is unavoidable.

What it seems you are really trying to say is just name Trubisky the starter, give him the keys to the castle and say fuck it, and hope he develops.

Yes. If he can only play with 4th string players he shouldn't have been drafted at #2.

Yes we should've signed a better QB so the QB we drafted at #2 could spend the year at #2 practicing with players who will actually be in the NFL.

Yes it seems as though we signed a QB that is questionable to even be a backup in the NFL so in this case you name the QB you thought was worthy of a #2 pick as your starter.
Sorry but that's how it's done.
And that is from someone who doesn't like it to be done like that but this is the situation we are in.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Highly doubt that. Arians wants to show the Bears the mistake they made but he has never been a dirty coach.

Well lt me clarify, I said rough up. Not necessarily intentionally injure, but take some big shots.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude was blitzing us in a blowout and admitted he wanted to sock it to us for not hiring him. Then his team takes 2 questionable shots on our young qb?

The DT went by left guard Cyril Richardson like a turnstile, and then he tripped over Richardson's right foot.

YINpEz.gif