Different Place, Different Time, Similar Story...What Happens Next?

PickSix

Liked Posts:
If Gregory's biggest problem is "might have narrow shoulders" than we're really looking for warts. So maybe he tops out at 250lbs, which is still enough weight, especially when you consider he's really 6'4.5" vice a legit 6'5". The real knock on Gregory should be one of work ethic, because he was known for being lazy in the weight room at Nebraska and getting by on pure athleticism, which is why he played as light as sub-220lbs last year. It very likely impacted his durability and hurt his production.
You hit the magic word on Gregory.."production". 54 tackles in a weak conference is junk. He wasn't even in the top 10 in conference in sacks. At #7 Pace better take a guy with proven production rather than potential on how wonderful he looks and a periodic sack.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
You hit the magic word on Gregory.."production". 54 tackles in a weak conference is junk. He wasn't even in the top 10 in conference in sacks. At #7 Pace better take a guy with proven production rather than potential on how wonderful he looks and a periodic sack.

That's a legitimate point, and makes all the Fowler drooling here all the more bewildering. 5.5 sacks until his bowl game. 2.5 and 3.5 sacks in 2012 and 2013. Compare that to Beasley who has both electric tape and 33 career sacks/52 TFLs.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
And how many superbowls have Watt, Suh and Houston won?

Agreed. There are several combinations of players that lead to a winning team. I can't argue that a dominant defensive player is very important, but dominant players can take over games at many positions.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
That's a legitimate point, and makes all the Fowler drooling here all the more bewildering. 5.5 sacks until his bowl game. 2.5 and 3.5 sacks in 2012 and 2013. Compare that to Beasley who has both electric tape and 33 career sacks/52 TFLs.
I don't get the Fowler love either. I can understand the allure based on projection at the next level but as a top 5 pick? Rather asinine IMO. Its not like he has Ziggy Ansah type upside.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I don't get the Fowler love either. I can understand the allure based on projection at the next level but as a top 5 pick? Rather asinine IMO. Its not like he has Ziggy Ansah type upside.

All the pass rushers seem to have questions about them outside of Williams, which is why I almost hope we go with Cooper or White instead.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
All the pass rushers seem to have questions about them outside of Williams, which is why I almost hope we go with Cooper or White instead.

While it is true the pass rushers all have questions, so does literally every prospect in every draft. There is no such thing as a perfect prospect and in the pre-draft process these guys get picked apart so much on every aspect of their game sometimes you lose sight of how special some of these guys can be at the next level.

As long as you feel the shortcomings can be corrected with NFL level coaching and you see elite traits there should be no qualms with making one of the pass rushers the pick at 7 as there are some special ones in the draft.