DJ Moore and You

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Allen Robinson has two monster seasons in Chicago and he's all but forgotten...

I don't know about monster... He was a good receiver, but I don't think he played at the level of Marshall or Jeffery when they were here.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I don't know about monster... He was a good receiver, but I don't think he played at the level of Marshall or Jeffery when they were here.
100 catches is 100 catches, though Marshall is probably the best Bears WR of my lifetime.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
DJ Moore has his sights set firmly on Johnny Morris' all time Bears record of 5,059 receiving yards. Morris compiled this record over a ten year career with the Bears. I think DJ breaks this pathetic "record" in less than 5 years.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
100 catches is 100 catches, though Marshall is probably the best Bears WR of my lifetime.

Sure... but did you ever feel like he was dominating CBs?

marshallstiff.gif

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
DJ Moore has his sights set firmly on Johnny Morris' all time Bears record of 5,059 receiving yards. Morris compiled this record over a ten year career with the Bears. I think DJ breaks this pathetic "record" in less than 5 years.
I'm going to prepare my #calledit ready for 61 games

Sure... but did you ever feel like he was dominating CBs?

marshallstiff.gif
Oh, no. Robinson was soft for his size. Marshall was a bully and would make success happen, Jeffrey was great when Marshall was playing but I dont recall many big performances without him, and Robinson could get bullied on jump balls on the sideline. But Robinson had streaks of excellence here too.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going to prepare my #calledit ready for 61 games

Oh, no. Robinson was soft for his size. Marshall was a bully and would make success happen, Jeffrey was great when Marshall was playing but I dont recall many big performances without him, and Robinson could get bullied on jump balls on the sideline. But Robinson had streaks of excellence here too.

Yeah, I agree that Jeffery's time was brief... and he balled out way more when Marshall was around. But I blame injuries and Trestman for why he quit on the team....

Still one of the best performances by a Bears WR though this game...

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah, I agree that Jeffery's time was brief... and he balled out way more when Marshall was around. But I blame injuries and Trestman for why he quit on the team....

Still one of the best performances by a Bears WR though this game...
What an excellent game for the young man, too! I now that all that took its toll on Alshon, but the difference between a flash in the pan and sustained success often is that mental toughness to give it your all in losing efforts. As tough as it is, quitting on the team almost always falls on the player's shoulders.

I have hope that Claypool, in his role as a third WR, will be able to replicate some of those plays as a large, downfield target. Jeffrey was a strider and could turn it on if he wasnt the focus. I dont see Claypool putting up electrifying stats, mind you, but if he gets a free release to get downfield in any 1-on-1 situation, then Fields should pull the trigger on the big target.