Do we still want to boot Trubisky to the curb?

MontanaXXIII

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is just terrible. He is actually a QB you will be replacing the following year type. Glad he was clutch but that doesn't excuse his shit play

If it were Montana, people would be raving about how clutch he was.

Nobody ever talks about how the 49ers had only scored 13 points against a bad Bengals D in XXIII...or that the only reason he even had the one TD he did up to that point was Lewis Billups dropped an interception in the endzone.

You can replace the QB, but if the receivers are blanketed like this, it won't make a difference.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
If it were Montana, people would be raving about how clutch he was.

Nobody ever talks about how the 49ers had only scored 13 points against a bad Bengals D in XXIII...or that the only reason he even had the one TD he did up to that point was Lewis Billups dropped an interception in the endzone.

You can replace the QB, but if the receivers are blanketed like this, it won't make a difference.
Montana won a shit load of SBs in a different era were you were allowed to pummel people.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter if you do or don't, unless your idea is to trade Mack for a QB pick or a QB. We can't even draft oline let alone a QB.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
@Omeletpants why are you capping for your arch nemesis Ryan Pace’s primary investment? Seems like you’ve fallen off the rocker quite literally old man

seabear

Liked Posts:
Like we have a choice right now. Our only option this year is to hope for the best because there is nobody better to replace him.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
I'd call the Dolphins about Fitzmagic since they're selling. You really have nothing to lose at the QB spot a this point. If they ride this out with Mitch its going to be another 8-8 Lovie/Urlacher style season .

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Still too early to dump Trubs.what viable choices are there? Good QB’s are few & unavailable. Flacco didn’t look much better

Oh my. Did you watch the game? Flacco was making quick reads and adjustments and running a conservative offense crisply like an NFL QB. His passes were mostly accurate and in the receiver's stride. He didn't do anything special and isn't much of a big play threat, but he played like a professional who knows what's going on around him.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Say what you will, and complain as you will, prior to today, the broncos all-time record at home during the first two weeks was 51-8-2. It's now 51-9-2.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yea...losing faith in Trubisky. Well, I'm losing faith in Nagy as well. But I need to see Nagy with a different QB before I completely lose faith in him. Maybe Pace should call the Dolphins and ask them how much Rosen would cost.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears should just sign Colin Kaepernick but it will never happen.

Definitely wouldn’t hurt. Unless he was asking for tons of money.
Oh my. Did you watch the game? Flacco was making quick reads and adjustments and running a conservative offense crisply like an NFL QB. His passes were mostly accurate and in the receiver's stride. He didn't do anything special and isn't much of a big play threat, but he played like a professional who knows what's going on around him.

Exactly what I saw as well. He didn’t “make” plays, but he took what was given and played decent.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
We're in year three and there's seemingly no development in the stage of the game where Mitch can make things happen with his feet and/or arm in a positive way when something breaks down. Mitch can hit the single read with enough precision but he absolutely craters and makes terrible throws and reads when he has to do several things. The interception to end last week was Mitch coming out, never moving the safety with his eyes, and just throwing the ball.

The other issue is that when there are opportunities to make plays, Mitch simply isn't making them. This is the "National. Football. League.", you're not going to get a ton of easy looks for big plays against any sort of well coached defense and the past two weeks were well coached defenses. You need a guy who can on occasion make a throw to get you something that wasn't because the receiver schemed open or the defender fell down.

Probably will be ok against the Redskins next weekend as they've been gashed all year in the passing game and then will likely struggle in a grind out game against the Vikings at home. Then head to London for the Raiders and then it's the bye and you see what you can do with that time off.

Obviously you're not at the "let's bring someone else" portion either with Daniel or some other veteran QB because you just won't have the time or ability to get up to speed on the plays to make a trade or move worth it. The real question is would the Bears move on from Mitch and see what the FA QB market looks like (right now you're probably looking at Mariotta, Winston, Fitzpatrick, Dalton, Carr with outside chance Graoppolo or Newton makes it to FA) come this off-season if there's nothing drastic that changes.