Do you see Jordan in Rose?

Rose1

Liked Posts:
When you look at these two guys - Jordan and Rose - it's almost inevitable that greatness is predictable with Derrick. You know, in credit to Jordan influence over this city of Chicago. He hates to lose like Jordan, that his obsession makes him lament after losses. We saw this with Jordan, the whole accident with him punching Kerr and roughing up Bill Cartwright. Derrick Rose probed MJ throughout his career as we know and I think we're going to see a evolution with his appearance and mentally next year. I wouldn't be surprise if we saw Rose snap on Noah next year for being so spontaneous and satisfied with his own game. I think we will see him push guys to their limit, from Ty.Thomas to Nelson. Do you all agree, this topic should be discussed?

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
Nope. I see Stephon Marbury in Derrick Rose. A guy that can attack the basket with the best of them, but is too 0 to 60 focused, and have passing skills that's probably above average at best.

The only difference is Rose probably would've been smart enough to stick with Garnett for his entire career.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
JimmyBulls wrote:
Nope. I see Stephon Marbury in Derrick Rose. A guy that can attack the basket with the best of them, but is too 0 to 60 focused, and have passing skills that's probably above average at best.

The only difference is Rose probably would've been smart enough to stick with Garnett for his entire career.

Those smart comments is probably why you're down dislike 3. I building something there ad you put Starbuary in it. I bet starbuary isn't practicing a week after his lost to Orlando on Sunday. You can't be a Bulls fan. You want Bulls to waste a pick on a undrafted player in Danny Green. In this case, we could of just kept Thabo. He could defend better and set dimes up for Rose and others. Danny Green... wow! I rather Bulls draft Derrick Brown.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
Well the Marbury that's playing against the Magic legs are shot. But when Steph was younger it's probably safe to say he was Derrick Rose without the timid. Truth hurts I guess.

What's not to like about Danny Green? Do you have something against shooting guards with legit size for the position, or do you have a problem with his legit NBA three point shooting range(Thabo couldn't shoot!), or maybe it's his defense that's probably the best at his position out of all the shooting guard prospects?

Manic Devourer

Liked Posts:
Rose1 wrote:
JimmyBulls wrote:

Those smart comments is probably why you're down dislike 3. I building something there ad you put Starbuary in it. I bet starbuary isn't practicing a week after his lost to Orlando on Sunday.

Well you're not far off with your negative 1. Another reason why I hate this karama nonsense without any accountability. People using it as some form of respect gauge, it's stupid.

As for the topic of this thread, not even Jordan or even his fans new that Jordan would be Jordan the greatest player to ever live at the end of his rookie season, so you can't go comparing Rose's first year to Jordan's first year, that's just lame. So technicially he could be a Jordan, or even a Stephon, or maybe even worse then Stephon, you just don't know.

I still remember the days when we all thought that Jordan would go down as one of the greatest scorers of all time, but would never the championship winner. If Jordan had all those achievements without the rings, he would be a foot note like Barkley and Malone is to Duncan in this day and age. Rose not only has to be great, but he has to be a winner of rings to be considered one of the greats, so lets not get ahead of ourselves and quit comparing him to people that are legends. He'll have his bumps along the way, so lets just enjoy his development and witness his growth as a baller and as a person.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
All I was trying to sum up to is both guys have similar traits. Anybody that put them in the same boat are just idiots to even entertain the thought.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I agree Manic. People are comparing Rose to all-time greats waaay too much right now. He's definitely got star potential, but let's not start putting him up there with the likes of MJ, Zeke, Magic, or even CP3 and D-Will just yet.

I mean on the "All-Time Greatest Bulls" list, I would say close to 99% of the people who posted had Rose as their starting PG. Now I'm not trying to knock Rose here, but a guy who had one good season, and some decent games in the postseason, doesn't deserve to be on an "all-time" list quite yet. Maybe in a few years he will be on that list for me, but right now I'm happy with his stellar rookie campaign, and look forward to him vastly improving his on-ball D, mid-range game, and playmaking decisions.

MADman24

Liked Posts:
Manic Devourer wrote:
As for the topic of this thread, not even Jordan or even his fans new that Jordan would be Jordan the greatest player to ever live at the end of his rookie season, so you can't go comparing Rose's first year to Jordan's first year, that's just lame. So technicially he could be a Jordan, or even a Stephon, or maybe even worse then Stephon, you just don't know.

I still remember the days when we all thought that Jordan would go down as one of the greatest scorers of all time, but would never the championship winner. If Jordan had all those achievements without the rings, he would be a foot note like Barkley and Malone is to Duncan in this day and age. Rose not only has to be great, but he has to be a winner of rings to be considered one of the greats, so lets not get ahead of ourselves and quit comparing him to people that are legends. He'll have his bumps along the way, so lets just enjoy his development and witness his growth as a baller and as a person.
While I agree it's far too early to make this proejection, even without the rings Jordan would still be just as talented and imo still arguably the best ever. This is what is wrong with the scales most people use. Jordan's championships didn't make any more talented he is arguably one the best ever because of his talent and skill not his rings.

Individual greatness is too often tied to championships in team sports, it's the same reason why Joe Montana is considered by many better than Dan Marino.

If your asking whether or not Rose will ever be arguably the greatest player ever, then I say no, hopefully I'm wrong and he goes down as undisputed the most skilled player ever, but if your asking if he has a chance to win multiple championships I think it's possible, although 6 is not going to happen and even 2 will be difficult with Lebron and Howard in our conference, but again it's far too early to tell either of these and he is just as dependent on Gar Foreman as he is his own improvement as no one has ever won a championship while being the only great player on a team, though a single great player every so often comes close like Lebron a few years ago or Iverson a few years before that.

I will give one straight answer Rose has tremendous athleticism, so in that way I do see Jordan.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Rose1 wrote:
When you look at these two guys - Jordan and Rose - it's almost inevitable that greatness is predictable with Derrick. You know, in credit to Jordan influence over this city of Chicago. He hates to lose like Jordan, that his obsession makes him lament after losses. We saw this with Jordan, the whole accident with him punching Kerr and roughing up Bill Cartwright. Derrick Rose probed MJ throughout his career as we know and I think we're going to see a evolution with his appearance and mentally next year. I wouldn't be surprise if we saw Rose snap on Noah next year for being so spontaneous and satisfied with his own game. I think we will see him push guys to their limit, from Ty.Thomas to Nelson. Do you all agree, this topic should be discussed?

First off let me say UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Second MJ punched Kerr in practice after Kerr wasnt backing down with his physical play, third MJ was making fun Bills jumper and MJ almost caught a beating, fourth Derrick would never ever raise a hand to a teammate you cn tell, fifth seriously Nelson?

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
First for Marbury people are forgetting that Marbury could of been a star if he would of practiced hard and had this me first attitude. Im not saying Marbury would of been first tier star, but he probably would have been second tier star. I see Rose being like Francis except further his career into star. Rose to me will only be a second tier star as he doesn't have that killer instinct.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Why does every player have to be compared with Jordan? Talk about setting people up for failure. The greats are unique, and one day there will be someone better, but they'll be unique too. So making these sorts of comparisons is just silly.

As far as the Marbury thing goes, could anyone really complain if Rose was putting up 23.9 points and 7.6 assists on .540 TS% like Marbury did in his last year in NJ? I don't really expect Rose to be a great deal better than that.

Forget about the personality and the fact he's been on bad teams (which he's probably copped an unfair portion of the blame for), in terms of his ability as a basketball player Marbury was damn good, and I don't think it's necessarily an insult to be compared to him (although the poster who said it intended it that way).

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
I don't see why Derrick Rose can't go down as one of the best PG's ever though. Manic is right we don't know anything yet but he has great size and strength, good jumper and there is no reason that jumper can't be stretched to the 3 point line eventually. Maybe he is not JKidd with his passing ability but he does have great vision and shows flashes of brilliance. He did win the skillz challenge which is actally hard to pass through those buckets, he did it with ease. Also he might not have done well with game winners but I disagree that he doesn't have a killer instinct. In the 4th Quarter Rose picked up his game most nights and has always won on every level (your right though he doesn't have the same personality, Rose would never punch a guy and is shy) He won in high school, almost won the big one in college and if he stayed another year they probably win it. Then he does well in his rookie year and is one of the top contributors running the team that made the playoffs and did well. I think he is a winner so I'm excited, but yes he can't hit that big shot like Jordan and I think it will be hard for him to get an MVP even.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I think there are shades of Michael Jordan in two of our current Bulls...and it's not a shock that both of them grew up Bulls' fans, although I doubt Rose really got to watch a ton of MJ given his age.

Ben Gordon has is similar to Jordan, in that he thrives when the game is on the line, loves to take the big shots, and loves to shove 500 daggers down the opponents throat.

Derrick Rose is similar to Jordan, in that he makes those "I can't believe he just made that play." Rose also had had some big fourth quarter moments, but has obviously struggled with the last shots.

I didn't get to see Jordan until the very tail end of his career, and then that little sideshow gig with the Wizards. But I would imagine that Jordan was more like Lebron than Derrick Rose, in terms of going out and attacking greatness. Rose always seems timid out there, and not trying to emerge as the star. Perhaps he just wants to put in the hard work and develop into a star, and naturally flow into it. He certainly has all the makings of an all time great, he just needs to develop into that player now.

Rerisen

Liked Posts:
Not really, no. Though I do see other different potential greatness in Derrick Rose. And this is plenty good enough considering where this team has been since M.J. retired.

I do see a similar desire to win and hating of losing in Rose, or at least Derrick expresses this. I don't yet see the same competitive fire all the time to step up and try to take over to ensure that the win happens or that loss doesn't happen. Sometime it occurs, and other times, he seems stuck in paralysis.

However, he is a rookie. Quite a harsh position to be in when being compared to the GOAT. These things will improve.