Do you trust R.Pace to find our next QB?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Instead of just offering stupidity, offer something of substance.

The Bears have 1 player in the top 40 sack leaders. They have 24 team sacks (middle of the pack)

The Bears give up an average 24 points per game.

The Bears have 5 INT all season (bottom of the pack) - INT are a function of pressure

The Bears defense has forced 3 fumbles all season.

Bears run D gives up 103 YPG (rank - 18). Outside of Elliott and Murray, what backs have they played? The teams the Bears have played and led to the 103YPG average are the worst rushing teams in the league.

But just look at the eye test - there are multiple games were people are screaming about the lack of pressure from the front 7.

Look at the Giants game - I believe the Giants were the worst rushing team in the league. 101 yards on 25 carries, 1 TD. 4 YPC

The Bears are 2-9.

Feel free to prove me wrong. Let's see if you can put a cogent post together. I'm not optimistic.

That is one of the most epic internet bitch slaps ever.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The larger question might be.....what is Pace's Qb criteria for the draft

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I trust Pace to identify a QB but I don't trust Fox to develop the QB.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
imo, Pace has been ok drafting, though the data are still sparse. We'll how he does over the long term.

But I think it is dumb as fuck that he has painted himself into a corner with the QB position. If he had taken someone last year, fucking anyone, he would have a lot more flexibility passing on a top QB this year if it turns out they don't like anyone available.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
imo, Pace has been ok drafting, though the data are still sparse. We'll how he does over the long term.

But I think it is dumb as fuck that he has painted himself into a corner with the QB position. If he had taken someone last year, fucking anyone, he would have a lot more flexibility passing on a top QB this year if it turns out they don't like anyone available.

He really has painted himself into a corner.

People can blather on about value and best player available, but the truth is that a season of Hoyer gets Pace fired. He must show ownership and fans the plan at QB and he has left it to the last minute by being 8-24 after 2 seasons.

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
He definitely deserves another year. Bears have a ton of money and a fresh start. Also a ton of young defensive players with huge upside.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He definitely deserves another year. Bears have a ton of money and a fresh start. Also a ton of young defensive players with huge upside.

A ton of young defensive players with upside?

Floyd and Goldman look like they will be fixtures.

Hall and Bullard are interesting, but have done nothing to this point.

Bush looks lost, Amos looks like a backup and Callahan is inured all the time.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He really has painted himself into a corner.

People can blather on about value and best player available, but the truth is that a season of Hoyer gets Pace fired. He must show ownership and fans the plan at QB and he has left it to the last minute by being 8-24 after 2 seasons.

I don't always agree with you, but I think you nailed it on this one. If Pace goes with a Garropollo, Hoyer, or Barcklay, and the team still flounders next year, he is done. If he goes with a 1st round draft pick, I think it buys him a year or two. Can you imagine a nightmare with Garropollo like the Texans have with Oswieller?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:

I think your use of superlative adjectives made your post something people will take issue with.

You said 'TON of YOUNG defensive players with HUGE upside'. Not accurate. The more accurate statement would be - the Bears have a couple of young players with some upside...and then finish the sentence...a few aging veterans who are oft injured, a couple of unproven young guys and a few players who are special teams/backups at best.

The only players I see on D that are young with upside are Floyd and Goldman. Other young players (Bush, Amos, Callahan, Fuller, Unrein, etc) have no business starting in the NFL.

Bullard and Hall haven't shown anything.

Hicks and Trevathan are 'just a guy'. Not difference makers. McPhee has his injury history and we saw that again this season.

But when next season starts, Hicks will be 28, Trevathan 27, Young 32, McPhee 28, Freeman 31 and Porter 31. That's not young in the NFL.

Sorry, I'm just not seeing it.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I think your use of superlative adjectives made your post something people will take issue with.

You said 'TON of YOUNG defensive players with HUGE upside'. Not accurate. The more accurate statement would be - the Bears have a couple of young players with some upside...and then finish the sentence...a few aging veterans who are oft injured, a couple of unproven young guys and a few players who are special teams/backups at best.

The only players I see on D that are young with upside are Floyd and Goldman. Other young players (Bush, Amos, Callahan, Fuller, Unrein, etc) have no business starting in the NFL.

Hicks and Trevathan are 'just a guy'. Not difference makers. McPhee has his injury history and we saw that again this season.

But when next season starts, Hicks will be 28, Trevathan 27, Young 32, McPhee 28, Freeman 31 and Porter 31. That's not young in the NFL.

I think you're being a bit harsh here. Hicks is not just a guy, he's a solid starter that can stuff the run and get to the QB. Callahan can play nickle if he stays healthy.

I would agree with your general point that some posters are overhyping the young players we have on D. In Sunday we saw almost all of the young DBs play and they looked bad. If one of Amos, Bush, Hall, HJQ and Fuller turn into a starting DB for us then I'll be pleasantly surprised but I don't see it right now.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Hicks is above average at a minimum. In that D his position is often a block eater instead of play maker so it's hard for any of us to gauge his impact without knowing his assignment each snap. Bush is certainly slow to the learn the system, but has the skill set to be a solid safety. That being said Floyd and Goldman are the only difference makers on that side of the ball. This team is 2-3 years away from having the talent level/depth required to be a true contender. This is why I'm no so hung how about needing to draft a QB early this year. We just need to draft the player with the highest ceiling at their respective position in each round. Outside of guard and maybe ILB there isn't a position where a talented player won't step in day 1.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I trust Pace to identify a QB but I don't trust Fox to develop the QB.

Yeah i think that's where i'm at as well. Don't know if Fox could successfully develop a young QB or not because we have nothing to go on but i'd rather a more offensive minded head coach take over for that.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

27 and 28 isn't old in the NFL either and 31 and 32 means they have at the very least 2/3 more years on their legs that they can play at the same level they're playing at now.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I trust his evaluation. But it doesn't mean a QB worth having will be available in the right spot.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Internet bitch slap hahahaha, i have a feeling that's the only way any of you could bitch slap any man is over the internet.

Very desp-esque style of post here. It's as if you think the people that post on Internet forums are these pimply faced nerds, while you simultaneously post on an Internet forum, but are totes macho and will take everyone on the Internet to poundtown if need be. Weird. And by weird, I mean par the course for you.

You could just be a shitty poster/intellectual thinker/human being, but what do I know.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Internet bitch slap hahahaha, i have a feeling that's the only way any of you could bitch slap any man is over the internet.

Wrong, the Internet would be the only thing keeping others safe.

Doesn't change the fact that he brought the hammer.