Do you want Fields to play in the preseason opener?

Do you want Fields to play in the preseason opener?

• No, they should protect him and wait for the second preseason game.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Yes, if he dies, he dies.

Votes: 53 96.4%

• Total voters

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
No it wouldn't because he's not the starter. He may sit for weeks at a time. A few series with a shitty o-line isn't going to matter.

I get that ppl want to see the shiny new QB. And 99% of the time I'm all for letting them play in preseason. But the way the o-line is, why not wait ONE WEEK for some of the guys with lesser injuries, like Daniels to come back?

I don't recall how long the covid guys are out. Really I should wait for the game day starters to be announced.

But this board has done a complete 180 from a few years back, "not wanting to lose players in meaningless games." It just seems like reckless anticipation wanting to see Fields play in his Bears uni.
I totally disagree with your opinion. Any and all reps for a rookie QB are important to his development. With the injuries to that OL it will be very important for the coaching staff to see how he handles that kind of pressure.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
When did any team start sitting 2nd string rookie qbs in the preseason?

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Why do so many fans think Fields is a giant pussy? It's football, he's gonna take hits.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
something about 9 concussions in a half

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No it wouldn't because he's not the starter. He may sit for weeks at a time. A few series with a shitty o-line isn't going to matter.

I get that ppl want to see the shiny new QB. And 99% of the time I'm all for letting them play in preseason. But the way the o-line is, why not wait ONE WEEK for some of the guys with lesser injuries, like Daniels to come back?

I don't recall how long the covid guys are out. Really I should wait for the game day starters to be announced.

But this board has done a complete 180 from a few years back, "not wanting to lose players in meaningless games." It just seems like reckless anticipation wanting to see Fields play in his Bears uni.
The board has always wanted reps for rookies and to not overextend starters. You treat rookies like vets and vets like rookies as it serves your bias. You're constantly mixing metaphors and chasing windmills.

How's the vote going?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Looks like a few more posters will be on ignore soon

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The board has always wanted reps for rookies and to not overextend starters. You treat rookies like vets and vets like rookies as it serves your bias. You're constantly mixing metaphors and chasing windmills.

How's the vote going?
I dunno...how's the Jenkins trade up you were all for working out?

That's part of the reason we have to be careful the the future of the franchise.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

That's part of the reason we have to be careful the the future of the franchise.
The Jenkins trade is the same as it was on draft night. He has missed a couple weeks of training camp, that’s all so far.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Unless he's getting absolutely annihilated, yes, he should be out there as much as possible. If you can't block em, screen em, call roll outs, quick throws etc.. There are ways to scheme for pressure and mitigate some of the hits on the quarterback.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yet to find out but it seems you'd be happy to 'protect' him with Leno who was in the top dozen of sacks allowed with 5 ( and 7 penalties, 8th of all O linemen) and that's only because the interior was in disarray so their guy sometimes got there 1st. His ground seeking play took away more QB options and runner cutbacks etc. He sucked. Ifedi gave up 2 sacks and I bet Whitehair's sack # goes down this year from not needing to cover for Leno or Coward next to him like last year.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
With the injuries being what they are to the o-line, do you think the Bears should wait until the 8/21 Bills game?

Maybe we'll get a few guys back.

I've always been for getting preseason snaps, but even I would hold off this time.

Ya gotta play Fields in all preseason games. As long as they don't use dumb Spread Ops plays and designed runs, I'm not worried about him being injured.