Does anyone else hate college football?

Mitchapalooza

I don't know why, but I just can't stand it. The whole atmosphere of it just sucks to me. Usually when I turn on a game, it's like 43-7 and the games are never close. Then you have the teams that do QB options every play with a white QB who gets like 4 yards every time. The only games I can handle watching are the bowl games, and even those suck sometimes. And the playoff structure is FUBAR.

I just noticed a lot of people who absolutely love college football and prefer it to the NFL and I just can't fathom it.

How do you guys feel about college ball?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
CFB is alright with me.

Ommy is going to hate this thread.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't hate it but I do generally only watch the Illini cause I am an Alum.... I know bros who get all "ZOMG SEC IS MAI FAVORITEST AND ALL UTHER FOOTBAWL SUXXXX" and I don't get it.... the games where the powerhouse is up 30pts by half are boring I agree.

When you get a good game between 2 solid teams it is a different flavor of football to be sure.... and it is fun to see the guys who may be on NFL teams one day.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
lets' see how long this thread lasts...
Unless you're alumni, i have no clue why anyone pulls so hard for college teams... i see Oregon and Alabama stickers all over cars, it makes no sense to me.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Unless you're alumni, i have no clue why anyone pulls so hard for college teams... i see Oregon and Alabama stickers all over cars, it makes no sense to me.

In some areas people feel closer to the college than to their nearest NFL team.... I get that.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't hate it, but I can't really get into it. I simply don't give a shit about it. I follow it passively just to stay on top of things for draft purposes, but that's about it.

With that said...I'm going to go ahead and move this before someone comes in and leaks their Depends all over the board.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
In some areas people feel closer to the college than to their nearest NFL team.... I get that.

Yea, i get the hometown college thing, kids went there, uncle teaches there, i get that. But i see O's and A's covering cars. There's even a guy who drives this ford escape painted with LSU colored tiger stripes that lives, if that's what you call it, around here.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't like it as a kid, when I had all of the sober time in the world. I could keep track of everything going on in the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL but 100's of teams in college to follow didn't really appeal to me. I didn't follow the Badgers much until they started making Rose Bowls and when I went to school there. It all seemed kind of stupid though because unless the Badgers went undefeated they weren't going to the National Championship. We'll see how this playoff thing plays out.

As far as the games themselves, I like watching them. But I like watching the NFL better because there are not a hundred teams, your team isn't out with one loss, and the playoff structure is defined.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Maybe they or their kids are alumni?

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea, i get the hometown college thing, kids went there, uncle teaches there, i get that. But i see O's and A's covering cars. There's even a guy who drives this ford escape painted with LSU colored tiger stripes that lives, if that's what you call it, around here.

I saw this a few months ago in New Orleans.

1798269_10152319345808076_3051393013392583652_n_zpsd446af10.jpg

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I don't hate it, but I can't really get into it. I simply don't give a shit about it. I follow it passively just to stay on top of things for draft purposes, but that's about it.

With that said...I'm going to go ahead and move this before someone comes in and leaks their Depends all over the board.

Not me, I love it. The games the OP is referring to do suck, but that's normally not the case when you get two powerhouses going at it. I used to not be that big into it until I went to college. It's fun to watch and a lot of these kids are playing for the next level, which can make it more interesting than the NFL at times.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wow, what a dip shit.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Maybe they or their kids are alumni?
or they could just be front-running losers

honestly, until Oregon started going apeshit with the uniform choices and winning 9/10 games a year, who even thought about their existence?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
or they could just be front-running losers

honestly, until Oregon started going apeshit with the uniform choices and winning 9/10 games a year, who even thought about their existence?

Nike.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ugh.

"I have a 2012 Mercedes SLS AMG coupe. That’s the one with the Gullwing doors. It’s solid black so the base, like the LSU car is there for the Saints. What do you have in mind? I am open for suggestions."

NO!!!!

Reactions: WCL

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Used to hate it. Big 10 network, all that other boring ass shit up here sucks.

Used to work a lot of Saturdays and wanted to watch some football. I started putting on SEC on CBS. Shits so much fun. I get really into it last season. Been a fan of Alabama now for whatever reason lol