Does anyone else hate college football?

DCguy

Liked Posts:
I like CFB a lot more than the NFL. The NFL crowds are dry and only cheer on big plays while a college crowd can make any game seem like a big game just by their energy. CFB has unique offenses that you only see run there. I like to see teams grow and you can get to see that in CFB especially with true freshman playing more and more these days.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
For those saying they hate college football, or really don't like it. I'm guessing most of you haven't been to a GOOD college football game/stadium. (Illinois or Northwestern don't count). Go to a place that doesn't have pro teams in the market. They will show you something about passion, tailgating, (Something that some NFL cities do okay, but a lot of college towns get down on) and tradition. Remember a lot of these universities have been playing football double the length of time then almost all of the NFL teams. The traditions are and have been entrenched in the school/team/fanbase for the better part of a century compared to 20-40 yrs of something you may see at the NFL.

One of my favorite things about college football is the unexpected. In the NFL everyone is a freak so big plays are fewer and far between. In college more mistakes are made, making the crazy happen more frequently. I will agree the cupcake games you see at the start of the year are unappealing, but with the way college football its set up, its going to happen. Though we have seen an increase in "bigger" games at the start of the season. LSU vs Wisc, or MSU vs Oregon for example this weekend.

So before you crush the CFB game, make sure you go to a big time college game. Enjoy the atmosphere, the partying, and traditions. Go see a good SEC school play another, i bet your mind changes. If you cant swing that far of a trip, go to Iowa City, Lincoln NE, Madison, Ann Arbor, Columbus, Happy Valley, or Notre Dame. Your mind might change on how you look at college football.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
For those saying they hate college football, or really don't like it. I'm guessing most of you haven't been to a GOOD college football game/stadium. (Illinois or Northwestern don't count). Go to a place that doesn't have pro teams in the market. They will show you something about passion, tailgating, (Something that some NFL cities do okay, but a lot of college towns get down on) and tradition. Remember a lot of these universities have been playing football double the length of time then almost all of the NFL teams. The traditions are and have been entrenched in the school/team/fanbase for the better part of a century compared to 20-40 yrs of something you may see at the NFL.

One of my favorite things about college football is the unexpected. In the NFL everyone is a freak so big plays are fewer and far between. In college more mistakes are made, making the crazy happen more frequently. I will agree the cupcake games you see at the start of the year are unappealing, but with the way college football its set up, its going to happen. Though we have seen an increase in "bigger" games at the start of the season. LSU vs Wisc, or MSU vs Oregon for example this weekend.

So before you crush the CFB game, make sure you go to a big time college game. Enjoy the atmosphere, the partying, and traditions. Go see a good SEC school play another, i bet your mind changes. If you cant swing that far of a trip, go to Iowa City, Lincoln NE, Madison, Ann Arbor, Columbus, Happy Valley, or Notre Dame. Your mind might change on how you look at college football.
LOL at Illinois/Northwestern don't count. Illinois' tailgating/gameday atmosphere was great in the 80's. The new AD is doing his best to bring it back, including bands playing, etc.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
"LOL at Illinois/Northwestern don't count. Illinois' tailgating/gameday atmosphere was great in the 80's. The new AD is doing his best to bring it back, including bands playing, etc."

But that's the problem in the 80's and 90's the stadium held 11,000 more... It's lost some of that luster. But I'm not trying to hate on either school. But compare their atmosphere to ones in the SEC, or the Bigger B1G schools. They just don't match up. In Chicago it's all about the Bears, that's just the way it is. In a lot of these college towns they have nothing else competing with them. Everyone goes nuts for their school. It also helps that you can get a little crazier on Saturdays then you can on Sundays, with work looming the next day.

Edit: forgot to quote sorry.