Does anyone else think we should let Tillman and Jennings walk after this season?

CutlersCorner

Liked Posts:
Davis and Talib are interesting. :thinking:

I agree they are interesting... BUT u know as well as I do, that either one of these guys are going to be looking for a payday as big or bigger than what Peanut or TJ would be looking for!

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I the only one here who thinks there's a need to address the safety position as well?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
im not even gonna read the whole thread bad idea why let 2 pro bowl cbs go?

CutlersCorner

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one here who thinks there's a need to address the safety position as well?

Nope, Conte is a f*cking liability as far as I'm concerned.

But it was nice going one year without drafting a Safety!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Cut Cunte. Move Tillman to FS, paired with Wright our starting safeties will be fine.

Let Jennings walk if he wants more than 6,000,000 a year, if he likes that he can stay. Just retain Bowman, Frey, C.J.Wilson and draft a corner in rounds 1 or 2, plus bring in a cheaper FA on a one year prove it deal.

We can replace them both.

JaySix

Liked Posts:
I love them both, but I don't think it's worth bringing them back. Most CB's start to decline a lot in their 30's and I wouldn't want to waste money on guys who are going to be unproductive soon.

Let Tillman walk to see another team pick him up and have him play safety at pro bowl level for another 4-5 years, Rod Woodson style.

Please no.

Prolong Tillmans career by eventually moving him to safety but here, not in Green Bay or somewhere similar....

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Dumb question, imo. Why worry about this shit now? We have no idea how the rest of the season goes. We have a ton of defensive FA's next year. We have no idea how the FA market will be. We have no idea where we'll be drafting. This is nothing but speculation at this time. Sounds like a question a teenage girl would ask, imo.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think you can let both walk.

But with Tillmans age and health I doubt we can bring him back on anything more than a 1 year deal.

I expect the Tillman thing to be a lot like Urlacher.

bearbeav

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cut Cunte. Move Tillman to FS, paired with Wright our starting safeties will be fine.

Let Jennings walk if he wants more than 6,000,000 a year, if he likes that he can stay. Just retain Bowman, Frey, C.J.Wilson and draft a corner in rounds 1 or 2, plus bring in a cheaper FA on a one year prove it deal.

We can replace them both.
I'm a fan of this approach, but moving Peanut to FS still depends on him being able to stay on the field this yr. If he comes back this week and stays healthy then sign him with idea of moving him to FS if not next yr the yr after, but if he's in and out of lineup rest of yr due to injuries then probably best to let him walk cause I don't see him signing a 1yr contract.

Svic

Liked Posts:
I would rather resign Tillman and then sign the cornerback from Tennessee for few extra million then resign Jennings. Cut Peppers which should save us around 6 mill and that money can go on D-line and the DBs.