Does anyone know what constitutes roughing the passer?

BeardownMinden

Liked Posts:
Seriously, this is getting as bad as what is a catch what isn't a catch.

Long gets a penalty on what is pretty clearly a late shot to the back of Cutler. Knocked him clean to the ground well after the pass was thrown. I know it was a bad penalty but you want your linemen sticking up for their qb.

Later in the game Jenkins gets called for a penalty. Did he technically hit him late, sure. The only reason Rivers got knocked to the ground was because he ran into his own player who was running the other way.

Later Mcphee dives late at Rivers legs which is supposed to be an automatic penalty.

As touchy as they are about qb's getting hit I couldn't believe there wasn't a penalty when cutler got knocked down and I am surprised Mcphee wasn't penalized as well.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just be sure not to go too high or too low and there's some QBs you really need to tippy-toe around.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Long gets a penalty on what is pretty clearly a late shot to the back of Cutler. Knocked him clean to the ground well after the pass was thrown. I know it was a bad penalty but you want your linemen sticking up for their qb.

Later in the game Jenkins gets called for a penalty. Did he technically hit him late, sure. The only reason Rivers got knocked to the ground was because he ran into his own player who was running the other way.

Later Mcphee dives late at Rivers legs which is supposed to be an automatic penalty.

As touchy as they are about qb's getting hit I couldn't believe there wasn't a penalty when cutler got knocked down and I am surprised Mcphee wasn't penalized as well.

Didn't think any of them were late hits. FWIW

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Whatever the Umpire feels like

Nick80

Liked Posts:
wilber-marshall-o.gif

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a late hit. Just abuse.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Sorry for answering a question with a question, but which QB are you asking the question about?

The grid is fairly simple:
Manning - Penalty
Brady - Penalty + Suspension
Rivers - Casual look away
Cutler - High five to the defensive player

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
Sorry for answering a question with a question, but which QB are you asking the question about?

The grid is fairly simple:
Manning - Penalty
Brady - Penalty + Suspension
Rivers - Casual look away
Cutler - High five to the defensive player

You forgot:
Newton - Penalty in a couple years when he is older (Link if you guys missed it, though actually I don't think that is what was said)

But yeah...it's bull crap all around, so hard to tell what they are going to call.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Apparently no one knows.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:

I can answer you one thing. If you are engaged prior to going low, as in being blocked and forced to go low, that is not a penalty for the McPhee play. If you have a clear shot and go low it's a penalty

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You forgot:
Newton - Penalty in a couple years when he is older (Link if you guys missed it, though actually I don't think that is what was said)

But yeah...it's bull crap all around, so hard to tell what they are going to call.
Wonder what kind of fine GODell is going to hit Cam with

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm still trying to figure out what's a catch in the NFL.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
You forgot:

I love it when "unwritten rules" are actually on the record and called out for the bullshit it is. Ed should be embarrassed.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
The rule that bugs me the most is when qbs scramble. If they start to slide feet first you can't hit them and if they start to go out of bounds defenses back off. Rodgers takes advantage of the last rule all the time as he routinely turns it up field for a bigger play.

In my opinion, if you leave the pocket and are going to act like a running back, you should be treated like a running back. No special privilege should be given. Runner beware.

This crap with the qbs is a joke, the knee thing especially, as it was invented because Brady tore his acl because his teams were running up scores.