Does Briggs want his way out?

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
This is just pure speculation and opinion..

To me it just seems like Briggs is checked out on the Bears. With the defense being terrible, does Briggs want to be part of a major over haul on defense where he probably wont be any the teammates he's spent a lot of time with. I listened to his interview on Sports Talk Live with Kaplan. Is he still upset with the loss or he just disinterested?

Interview with Kap- http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/sportstalk-live-briggs-final-play-against-packers

Thoughts?

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
This is just pure speculation and opinion..

To me it just seems like Briggs is checked out on the Bears. With the defense being terrible, does Briggs want to be part of a major over haul on defense where he probably wont be any the teammates he's spent a lot of time with. I listened to his interview on Sports Talk Live with Kaplan. Is he still upset with the loss or he just disinterested?

Interview with Kap- http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/spo... Tillman and Briggs are TB Bucks next season!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Briggs probably wants to join Lovie in TB.
If he wants out, then let him out. I'd hate to see him leave but he's earned his way out

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Not a doubt in my mind he wants to be w Lovie in Tampa.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
You can't put much stock in anything players say for the next week or two. There's still too much emotion involved in what was a horribly disappointing end to a horribly disappointing season.

Remember when Devin Hester was talking retirement immediately after Lovie Smith was fired?

Give the players some time to get away from this season mentally. Then you'll get some more realistic thoughts/opinions.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I honestly think that CHI got a lot of Free Agent players to come to CHI because of Lovie. I don't expect that to change with TB.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
What a huge diasapointment this year was. So many questionable decisions by Trestman

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Briggs probably wants to join Lovie in TB.
If he wants out, then let him out. I'd hate to see him leave but he's earned his way out

Lavonte David has 37 career stuffs in two years as the Bucs weak side linebacker compared to Briggs 82 career stuff. The Bucs already have a better weak-side linebacker than Lance Briggs so the likelihood Briggs winds up in Tampa is essentially non-existent. Why would the Bucs bring in a guy on his last legs who has repeatedly decided against playing the MIKE or SAM position in Lovie's defense.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
If the bucs want to give up a midround pick for Briggs i think it makes sense to let him go. It may make the defense worse next year but the thing is they are probably letting him go after next year anyways and it gives you an additional pick to get young talent on the defense.

Darkman

Liked Posts:
If we can get a pick for Briggs, I'd do it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Briggs is at the tail end of his career so the Bucs won't give up anything significant for him. People who suggest things such as don't re-sign Tillman and let Briggs go if he wants just don't realize how valuable it is to have that vet presence on the field.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it was a good thing he was hurt to rest up a bit and not take all the hits for a useless defense.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
That would be a winning strategy for Lovie. Convince the Glazers and the new GM to bring in old, recently hurt declining players to rebuild your team!

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
How many?

He made about 4 over the course of a 16 game season. I don't knock him for the decision to play Cutler against Detroit. That could all have been pressure from above. Hell, I'd guarantee that he was pressured to play McL all season. He was on the field for more snaps than any other lineman this season Coincidence when Emery praises the guy at every opportunity?

Besides, he gets a mulligan for what he did with a 34 year old career journeyman bum quarterback

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Take Advantage.

Trade Briggs to 'em...Tell 'em that Tillman and Hester are still under contract and get 2 2nds for them....Trade them Urlacher for a 1st...And Lovie'd probably love to get him some Major Wright and Julius Peppers, too.

Get it done, GarPax.