Does Briggs want his way out?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
If we can get a pick for Briggs, I'd do it.

And just who in their right mind would give up a draft pick for a 33-34 year old linebacker who parked himself in front of a buffet cart during his rehab this season?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly think that CHI got a lot of Free Agent players to come to CHI because of Lovie. I don't expect that to change with TB.

Yeah. But I bet the same will be true of Trestman once he really establishes his program. At the end of the day Trest seems very similar to Lovie in how he handles the players and genuinely cares for them and whatnot.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a huge diasapointment this year was. So many questionable decisions by Trestman

There was only I think 2 decisions I thought were all that questionable... but hey its the narrative that has developed, so whatever.

Anyway, this year was very exciting for me.

The Bears have been behind the roster 8 ball for a good 5-6 years now. Emery was brought in to dig them outta the hole JA made and he is doing it.

Sure, the collapse on D happened faster than I expected. But at the end of the day, got to realize its been coming for a long time. The Bears haven't drafted an impact player on D since 2003 (briggs).

On offense, Emery and Trestman have completed a full makeover. There's only three motherfucking starters left from 2011. Thats insane. And imo, that arrow is pointing through the roof.

To me, there is only one question/obstacle left as to whether this front office can develop and maintain a perennial contender - and thats whether Emery can draft defensive talent as well as he can offensive.

Liked Posts:
Hmmm, Lovie Smith in Tampa, Briggs loved playing for Smith, as he tweeted/FB congrats to Lovie today, the Bears need picks & have to draft a LB anyway. Emery should give the Buccs a call. The Bears have to rebuild the entire defense period, may as well.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
There was only I think 2 decisions I thought were all that questionable... but hey its the narrative that has developed, so whatever.

Anyway, this year was very exciting for me.

The Bears have been behind the roster 8 ball for a good 5-6 years now. Emery was brought in to dig them outta the hole JA made and he is doing it.

Sure, the collapse on D happened faster than I expected. But at the end of the day, got to realize its been coming for a long time. The Bears haven't drafted an impact player on D since 2003 (briggs).

On offense, Emery and Trestman have completed a full makeover. There's only three motherfucking starters left from 2011. Thats insane. And imo, that arrow is pointing through the roof.

To me, there is only one question/obstacle left as to whether this front office can develop and maintain a perennial contender - and thats whether Emery can draft defensive talent as well as he can offensive.

Tommie Harris had an amazing impact from 2004-2007.

Moose27

Liked Posts:
Lance Briggs wasn't the leader he should have been this year. The loss of Lovie and Urlacher probably affected that but I feel like this would have been excellent opportunity for him to take over as the undisputed leader of the defense. Since he couldn't do that then would it be so bad to cut ties with a guy on the wrong side of 30? Lance has given us great years of football but he also demanded a trade at one point. If the Bears can get a draft pick for him to add some more youth on the defense I don't mind one bit. If Lovie wants to try and recreate the magic of a 2006 Super Bowl run then go for it. I wouldn't be surprised if he lured Tillman down there and Urlacher out of retirement for one last run. Lovie has a good defensive mind and that's about it. I wish him nothing but failure in Tampa Bay.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Lance Briggs wasn't the leader he should have been this year. The loss of Lovie and Urlacher probably affected that but I feel like this would have been excellent opportunity for him to take over as the undisputed leader of the defense. Since he couldn't do that then would it be so bad to cut ties with a guy on the wrong side of 30? Lance has given us great years of football but he also demanded a trade at one point. If the Bears can get a draft pick for him to add some more youth on the defense I don't mind one bit. If Lovie wants to try and recreate the magic of a 2006 Super Bowl run then go for it. I wouldn't be surprised if he lured Tillman down there and Urlacher out of retirement for one last run. Lovie has a good defensive mind and that's about it. I wish him nothing but failure in Tampa Bay.

Again, who is going to give up a draft pick for a 33-34 year old linebacker who parked himself in front of a buffet cart during his rehab this year? And Urlacher was done at 34 with no legs last year. You think he's going to come out of retirement at 35 with no legs and out of shape? Who you crappin?

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Again, who is going to give up a draft pick for a 33-34 year old linebacker who parked himself in front of a buffet cart during his rehab this year? And Urlacher was done at 34 with no legs last year. You think he's going to come out of retirement at 35 with no legs and out of shape? Who you crappin?

The same coach that had a part in giving up a 2nd round pick for a bust of Gaines Adams (rip) that had a great run with said LB.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
The same coach that had a part in giving up a 2nd round pick for a bust of Gaines Adams (rip) that had a great run with said LB.

Oh, would that be the same coach who already has a good young WLB who's playing better than Briggs and has more upside at this point in his career?

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Oh, would that be the same coach who already has a good young WLB who's playing better than Briggs and has more upside at this point in his career?

I'm not saying it's going to happen but to pretend that Lovie hasn't made questionable decisions is not right.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying it's going to happen but to pretend that Lovie hasn't made questionable decisions is not right.

Never said Lovie hasn't made questionable decisions. What I'm saying is that there is zero evidence that Lovie, or any other team is interested in trading for Briggs at this point in his career. And Briggs to the Bucs makes very little sense since there isn't a spot for him to play.