Does Trey Lance fall out of the top 10?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears trade #20 to draft Trey Lance at #11 with NYG. (2022 1,2 bears get 11 and 108)

2.52 (Trade down with Indy #54 + #150)
2.54 (Trade down with Tampa #61 + #92)

2.61 Teven Jenkins OT Oklahoma State
3.83 Amari Rodgers WR Clemson
3.92 Greg Newsome II CB Northwestern

4.108 (Trade back with Jacksonville #122 + #155)
4.122 Shaka Toney DE/OLB Penn State
5.150 Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn
5.155 Jack Anderson OG Texas Tech
6.180 Nick Eubanks TE Michigan
7.196 Brennan Eagles WR Texas

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Bears trade #20 to draft Trey Lance at #11 with NYG. (2022 1,2 bears get 11 and 108)

2.52 (Trade down with Indy #54 + #150)
2.54 (Trade down with Tampa #61 + #92)

2.61 Teven Jenkins OT Oklahoma State
3.83 Amari Rodgers WR Clemson
3.92 Greg Newsome II CB Northwestern

4.108 (Trade back with Jacksonville #122 + #155)
4.122 Shaka Toney DE/OLB Penn State
5.150 Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn
5.155 Jack Anderson OG Texas Tech
6.180 Nick Eubanks TE Michigan
7.196 Brennan Eagles WR Texas
Trading up for any of these quarterbacks is not a good thing in my opinion. I really don’t seeing any of these quarterbacks making a big difference to our team the way we are set up financially or personnel wise.

you might be trading away a top 5 pick for a quarterback who won’t win more than 8 games

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trading up for any of these quarterbacks is not a good thing in my opinion. I really don’t seeing any of these quarterbacks making a big difference to our team the way we are set up financially or personnel wise.
Totally agree. This is a total Pace move. Not something I'd do. If the big 3 QB, OT, or WR aren't there at #20 I would trade out of the 1st. This draft is deep at OL trade back and keep getting picks. JMO.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Totally agree. This is a total Pace move. Not something I'd do. If the big 3 QB, OT, or WR aren't there at #20 I would trade out of the 1st.
Or at the very least trade down in the first. Either way we need more draft picks not less. This is a year where we can’t rely on more free agents who are mostly over priced and the ones that aren’t are usually not worth it at all.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Just like almost every year, a QB picked after the Bears' selection will prove to be better than whatever the Bears have at quarterback. Bank on it. It happens nearly every year.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
You definitely make that trade if you believe in Trey Lance.

Since he's most likely the last prospect who gives you a legitimate shot at finding a franchise guy, I think he's definitely going higher than that

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

you might be trading away a top 5 pick for a quarterback who won’t win more than 8 games

Eh. I think that's short-sided thinking. If the Bears come out of this draft with a long-term answer at QB, I don't care if they gave up a top 5 pick in 2022 to do it. First of all, they won't be that bad. I think people underestimate how bad the QB play was the last 2 years. People complained about the defense at least half the year and they were still good enough to win 8 games in back-to-back years. They may not be any better with a rookie, but I doubt they are much worse. And definitely not top 5-10 bad.

But getting a young QB is extremely important in the NFC. The conference is basically devoid of young QB talent. Brady, Rodgers, Brees (who's retiring), Wilson, Stafford, Cousins, Smith, and Ryan are all old. Goff, Garoppolo, Jones, Bridgewater, and Taysom Hill are all bad. The only decent QBs under 32 in the whole conference are Dak (who's a FA) and Kyler Murray (who isn't that good either). The NFC team that comes out of this draft with a young franchise QB will have a leg up on the long-term control of the NFC.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Totally agree. This is a total Pace move. Not something I'd do. If the big 3 QB, OT, or WR aren't there at #20 I would trade out of the 1st. This draft is deep at OL trade back and keep getting picks. JMO.
So you essentially want Pace to give his job away and do nothing at QB? Doubt that happens.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
There is NO guarantee that we will be picking in the top 5 or even top 10 in 2022, so I think that unless something crazy happens we need to take a shot at the QB position in the Draft.

I like Wilson better than Lance, mainly because Wilson played this year.

However, Wilson is likely going too high and will be out of reach for us, so a smaller trade up for Lance might be the only option available.

There are no guarantees that any QB will work out, but sitting on our thumbs waiting for "next year" is not something that I think Pace or Nagy have the luxury of doing...

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is NO guarantee that we will be picking in the top 5 or even top 10 in 2022, so I think that unless something crazy happens we need to take a shot at the QB position in the Draft.

However, Wilson is likely going too high and will be out of reach for us, so a smaller trade up for Lance might be the only option available.

There are no guarantees that any QB will work out, but sitting on our thumbs waiting for "next year" is not something that I think Pace or Nagy have the luxury of doing...
Even starting Foles or someone like Minshew the chances of the Bears having a top 5 pick (or even 10) in 2022 are the same as their chances of landing Watson.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Sorry but there's no way any of us know what any of these QB's will be in the NFL. Too much goes into if a college QB will be able to make that transition for any of us to know. Shit GM's and scouts can't even get it right.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you essentially want Pace to give his job away and do nothing at QB? Doubt that happens.
No, that's why I posted this. I can envision something like this happening, just plug/play Lance or Wilson. I 'hope' is not worse than giving up 2022 1/2 though. I said in another thread if we're going to make a trade for a qb might as well try and get Watson.

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
Sorry but there's no way any of us know what any of these QB's will be in the NFL. Too much goes into if a college QB will be able to make that transition for any of us to know. Shit GM's and scouts can't even get it right.
That's right, hard to predict NFL QB success. And given the hit rate is probably way under 50% for 1st round QB's, why on earth would you trade up (and give up other picks) for anything other than a sure thing (and none will be available to the Bears). The odds say you end up screwing up 2 picks that way. As for Lance. He may turn out to be great but is far from a sure thing based on what he's done in college.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
They got it right with Mahomes, Watson, Brady, Rodgers etc etc etc etc etc. the problem is we never get it right and won’t this year if they trade up for any of these quarterbacks

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

With our roster, our coaching staff, our cap space and our GM. It is a pretty good chance we are drafting in the top 5 if not the top 2 in 2022. I’m not trading away that pick. Too many holes

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You aren't going to hit on a QB without trying. Just saying.
Just don’t trade away our draft to try to hit on a bad quarterback. If the Bears stay put or draft down they can still draft a hit/miss quarterback.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I definitely like Wilson better than Lance and maybe even Fields. Fields is a tough one to get a read on for the NFL.