dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That's right, hard to predict NFL QB success. And given the hit rate is probably way under 50% for 1st round QB's, why on earth would you trade up (and give up other picks) for anything other than a sure thing (and none will be available to the Bears). The odds say you end up screwing up 2 picks that way. As for Lance. He may turn out to be great but is far from a sure thing based on what he's done in college.

You don't ever get too many sure things with QB's in the draft. T.Lawrence is very close to that, A.Luck was that, P.Manning was that and some others but Brady wasn't, Rodgers wasn't, Mahomes wasn't, Watson wasn't and so on and so on.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
This could end up being a terrible qb draft.

I don’t really like anybody. Lance is probably my least favorite of the top 6. If bears go qb i would want Wilson or jones in 1st or trask in 2nd

Important disclaimer: I know more about quarterbacks than anybody i know.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I definitely like Wilson better than Lance and maybe even Fields. Fields is a tough one to get a read on for the NFL.

Both Wilson and Lance played lesser competition.
But.....whats the tough one " to get a read on for the NFL. " on Lance and Fields?

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
I would prefer the Bears do not trade up and not have a 1st next year. If a QB falls, great. If not get the best plug and play OT avl. Both left and right sides could use an upgrade.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I would prefer the Bears do not trade up and not have a 1st next year. If a QB falls, great. If not get the best plug and play OT avl. Both left and right sides could use an upgrade.
You have to be aggressive if you want to get one of these potential franchise guys even if means trading future picks.

Only the most aggressive team actually ends up with them at the end of the day so you can't just sit on your hands and hope nobody tries to trade 1 pick in front of the most QB desperate team in football.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
With our roster, our coaching staff, our cap space and our GM. It is a pretty good chance we are drafting in the top 5 if not the top 2 in 2022. I’m not trading away that pick. Too many holes
I like your conviction, but top 5 or top 2?! Even Foles can win 4 games, with Montgomery, Kmet, and Mooney

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I like your conviction, but top 5 or top 2?! Even Foles can win 4 games, with Montgomery, Kmet, and Mooney
Well he sure as hell proved it in his 2-5 start last season. Foles will help us get a top 5 pick....he may not even start 8 games next year.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Just like almost every year, a QB picked after the Bears' selection will prove to be better than whatever the Bears have at quarterback. Bank on it. It happens nearly every year.
Usually because the team drafting the QB will change their system for the QB. Where as in Chicago we expect fish to climb trees, and birds to dive deep into the sea.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
This could end up being a terrible qb draft.

I don’t really like anybody. Lance is probably my least favorite of the top 6. If bears go qb i would want Wilson or jones in 1st or trask in 2nd

Important disclaimer: I know more about quarterbacks than anybody i know.

I like Wilson personally. I think Lawrence will be good but I do not think he’s a sure thing star QB for ten years.

The NFL is a hard transition for every player. The game is literally next level. And your team isn’t stacked like Clemson or Alabama. You’ve gotta work with a more even playing field. Top 5 picks go to undeniably bad teams. QBs can’t just turn that around overnight.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well he sure as hell proved it in his 2-5 start last season. Foles will help us get a top 5 pick....he may not even start 8 games next year.
Imagine thinking the Bears will have a top 5 pick next year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My QB rankings

1. Trade for Deshaun
2. Trade/Sign Dak
3. Trade up Fields
4. Trade up Wilson
5. Trade up Lance
6. Mac Jones
7. Trade for Hurts/Minshew
8. Jamie Newman in rounds 2-3

Unlisted: Nick Foles, because he is a giant bag of suck.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
My QB rankings

1. Trade for Deshaun
2. Trade/Sign Dak
3. Trade up Fields
4. Trade up Wilson
5. Trade up Lance
6. Mac Jones

Great list. Two other options I'd be considering on there (below Fields and Wilson) are Matt Ryan and Carr if they're available for the right price.

Also Stafford but there's just no way he gets traded here.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
My QB rankings

1. Trade for Deshaun
2. Trade/Sign Dak
3. Trade up Fields
4. Trade up Wilson
5. Trade up Lance
6. Mac Jones

Yeah Newman is a dark horse in this draft class ya? OT/QB/DT ? What about Anthony Schwartz in the 5th? He's basically a taller Darnell but man, he's fast.