Don’t blame the coaching staff for this one

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was in the camp of "Getsy isn't so bad"

I'll admit I was dead fucking wrong. Scrub receivers aside, that play calling was so uninspired, so he's not helping it. He had a few nice designs, but meh that's bound to happen throughout a 3 hour game. It's feeling like a pattern here.

Hindsight is 50/50 and all, but Flus needed to nut up and go for it on one of those redzone trips. Field goals don't win you football games.
This.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was very disappointed when the 2006 Chargers were eliminated in the divisional round. I still have immense respect for Schottenheimer, great coach, poor execution though. lol
Seems to be what he is known for. See my point?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And two players in round 2 that do absolutely nothing to help your young developing QB. Hooray!
You have it twice as bad as the rest of us do. On Saturdays, you get to watch bad offensive football and then get to do it all again on Sunday!

mecha

Liked Posts:
Seems to be what he is known for. See my point?
run run pass punt bro. Tomlinson was a savage that year. I don't even remember what really went wrong in that game, I was at the Bears/Seahawks game at the same time and have never seen it.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You have it twice as bad as the rest of us do. On Saturdays, you get to watch bad offensive football and then get to do it all again on Sunday!
It’s been like this for years man. There was some weekends over the Nagy years that I didn’t see either team score a TD lol

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
run run pass punt bro. Tomlinson was a savage that year. I don't even remember what really went wrong in that game, I was at the Bears/Seahawks game at the same time and have never seen it.

In his defense in that game, the game ending INT was fumbled back to the Pats. But his teams always screwed up like this

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
they should've gone for it on 4th & 2. that kind of shit is the definition of playing not to lose. muffing the punt at the end was icing on the shit cake. but oh well.
This irritated me quite a bit even though it worked out (if VJJ hadn't muffed the punt). There was still a chance there.

What annoys me most is how conservative they really get inside the 20. It's like once they hit the red zone, it becomes play for a FG and not to score a TD. It's just run up the middle 3x then attempt a FG. Maybe if they're feeling really frisky, they'll run a long developing pass inside the 20 and pray a WR can get open (spoiler alert, they never do even). I'd rather lose 100-0 than play for FGs every fucking drive.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Guys, calm down. There’s literally nothing they could’ve done. Daniel Jones, Tyrod Taylor and Matt Breida are just too good.

Sometimes you just have to tip your hat.
Gotta agree! The Giants just kept getting up despite all their injuries and showed a lot of grit today. We fought hard and even had a chance to tie the game on the last play. Can't blame Getsy because he didn't game plan or the Giants 3rd and 4th stringers to show out.

Speed

Liked Posts:

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
You’re missing the point. It’s much more concerning to have a coaching staff that plays not to win. Schottenheimer, Reeves, Fox, Lovie, Fisher etc.,

You see where that gets you?
In the play offs?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
30% of pass attempts ended sack and people cry why not pass more. :JButler:

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get back to me when your smart enough to deduce the number of Super Bowl victories those coaches have.
I'd take getting into the playoffs consistently all day over what we have had with zero complaints you can't win a fucking super bowl without doing that
Would I call those coaches elite no they aren't on a level with guys like Jimmy Johnson ect coaches who consistently got too the big game but they are by far superior too the constant shit shows we have had

That being said the bears aren't ever gonna get in that position until we have a proper GM in place who can fill a roster with talent either

I'm hopeful with this new pairing though and think there is a possibility the bears may have it right poles had no issue just ripping the bandaid off and getting what value he could out of the players he had in house the only question now is does he have the ability to spot the talent in the draft and build a roster that his coaching staff needs

Last edited: