Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Tbo doesn't really like baseball, so I wouldn't even call him a Cubs fan.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is actually very sad reading through the archives from today.

1) if kenny gave more people would say he got fleeced

2) since we gave up shit, other teams think he is done

#2 is stated by cub fans
Seriously let it go man. This is what I am talking about when I mention how different your posts are in the two forums. Not one Cubs fan posted that they thought he was done. In fact everyone of us, not counting tbo since he is our Capt. Serious, said that this was a great deal for the Sox.

I did posit that the fact the White Sox got him for so little might mean that other teams didn't think he was worth the risk. But whatever you can be all offended by that.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seriously let it go man. This is what I am talking about when I mention how different your posts are in the two forums. Not one Cubs fan posted that they thought he was done. In fact everyone of us, not counting tbo since he is our Capt. Serious, said that this was a great deal for the Sox.

I did posit that the fact the White Sox got him for so little might mean that other teams didn't think he was worth the risk. But whatever you can be all offended by that.

not offended. just stating what was said. you.are.sensitive.today.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets

:lol:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said it at the time and I stand by it. The fact that the Sox paid so little to get him means that other teams didn't think he was worth that minimal gamble at this point in time. KW might be right and it involves very little risk which is why this is a good to great move for the Sox. I just find it telling that teams with as pressing of a need for a right handed stick weren't willing to ante up.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said it at the time and I stand by it. The fact that the Sox paid so little to get him means that other teams didn't think he was worth that minimal gamble at this point in time. KW might be right and it involves very little risk which is why this is a good to great move for the Sox. I just find it telling that teams with as pressing of a need for a right handed stick weren't willing to ante up.

again we dont know the circumstances. This may like suggested on twitter, happened so quick in boston that they needed him out of there fast Add the fact that the white sox have the worst 3b numbers in the league. its basically 2 desperate teams getting together. im sure KW was exploring this a lot sooner than other teams since he saw how bad 3b has been.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dig it. No more Stewart and a major league 3B? Sign me up. :smoke:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
again we dont know the circumstances. This may like suggested on twitter, happened so quick in boston that they needed him out of there fast Add the fact that the white sox have the worst 3b numbers in the league. its basically 2 desperate teams getting together. im sure KW was exploring this a lot sooner than other teams since he saw how bad 3b has been.

You're right that we don't know the circumstances, but at the same time would it not have been in the BoSox interest to go to the other teams involved and say give us your best offer. I think this a good move for the White Sox and has the potential to be a great move for them if he regains any form he had prior to this year. I just think that looking at what we know and using reason we can deduce that other teams didn't think right now he was worth the risk.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
out of all this today i do feel bad for that 5 year old who liked lillibridge and cried when he was traded. poor lil guy

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
out of all this today i do feel bad for that 5 year old who liked lillibridge and cried when he was traded. poor lil guy

I forget who tweeted it, but someone said something to the effect that social media is useless if the White Sox/Red Sox couldn't figure out a way for the kid to meet Lillibridge.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I forget who tweeted it, but someone said something to the effect that social media is useless if the White Sox/Red Sox couldn't figure out a way for the kid to meet Lillibridge.

I agree. As lillibridge is just a utility guy, something in this kids life made him attached to him as a player. I really hope he gets to meet him. Id be willing to bet he asks brent to comeback to the white sox if he does. baseball memories beginning for the youngster.

ChitwnRyan60452

@Chitown_Ryan
Liked Posts:
Originally, I was opposed to the idea of picking up Youk. Had I known then that all we would have to give up is Zack Stewart and Brent Lillibridge, I would've signed up for that in a second! Hopefully it works out...

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Selling Low | FanGraphs Fantasy Baseball

With the trade to the White Sox and the promise of full-time at-bats again, some owners might feel that this move will jump start his bat. I, on the other hand, think that injuries have taken their toll and he’s now just a lower tier option at the corner positions in mixed leagues. He’s striking out at a career worst pace, which combined with his career worst walk rate (and the first time it has been below 10%), means that for the first time he is striking out more than two times for every free pass he takes. So his plate discipline has eroded, and so has his power. But his ISO isn’t down because of his HR/FB ratio, which sits where it always has. It’s down because he his hitting a ton of ground balls. Previous to the 2011 season, Youk was always a fly ball hitter, hitting more of them than grounders. Then last year that was reversed, and he was close to the league average. This year, however, his GB% is suddenly above 50%, which is not the level you want to see from a power hitter. Without the home runs and limited speed to leg out infield hits, it will be difficult for him to contribute in batting average.

A less than flattering take on Youkilis's chances at rebound which Dewey will accuse me of trolling for posting.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
oh jeeez. im talking as a whole. ya know brett and his 2 cents that he puts in that he should just keep in his pocket.

Not going to start the fight again Dews. I thought we truced??

Status
Not open for further replies.