Don't be upset with Miller's lack of production

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've read a lot of things on here about Miller and how he needs to be quiet and just work; well he is and after re-watching the first four games of the season, I can completely understand why he's frustrated. I counted all the offensive plays that the Bears have ran this season per game minus punts, kickoffs, EP's and then counted how many of those plays the Miller was in on.

vs Pukers plus a few things to add
-15/73 offensive plays (3-4 could be added, all 22 wasn't clear and the plays never came near that player)
-Patterson was in the game before Miller
-Davis was targeted 3x
-Miller was targeted once and is overthrown by almost 8 yards
-last play of the game, Trubs is sacked and Miller isn't on the field
-Miller had a bad block if you could even call it that-he is way better in the next 3 games
-one play was a delay of game penalty
-wasn't in the game on a 4th and 10
-one play was a run and another Trubs kept the ball and ran
-4x he was open and 2 of those the pocket broke down and Trubs never looked his way

vs Broncos
-29/61 offensive plays
-Patterson was in the game as a receiver before Miller
-his first play was a curl with 3:57 left in the first quarter
-14 plays were runs
-1 target on a screen
-great blocking
-open 7 times, 3 of those the pocket broke down and Trubs forced the ball to Robinson, others he wasn't looked at
-one play Miller and Robinson are open and Trubs shits on the whole thing
-one play was a screen, immediately read by the defense, Trubs forced the throw. This play stuck out because there was a receiver wide open giving little effort and had he paid attention and Trubs would ran to his left it could've been a huge play (Q3, 13:24 on the clock and 1st and 10) I couldn't make out who the receiver was.

vs Redskins
-32/65 plays
-6 were runs
-5 targets, 1 completion
-Miller had a penalty
-a few plays to open up other receivers
-Trubs not under pressure throws to Burton, had he waited a few more seconds Miller was getting open for a TD.
-Trubs overthrows Miller a few times under no pressure
-On Trubs interception that he underthrows Robinson; Miller is open in the middle for a walk in TD
-Same drive as interception; pass pro holds up and completes to Robinson however, had Trubs waited a few more seconds and looked Miller's way, he would've had a TD

vs Vikings
-44/72 offensive plays
-13 run plays
-6 check downs/not targeted
-one penalty on Bears and one on Vikings
-Daniel has Miller wide open on a check down but waits for a route to open and gets sacked
-well covered on quite a few plays
-quite a few plays that Daniel had to throw early
-3rd and 3 and Miller not in
-open on quite a few plays
-Trubs injury play; Trubs immediately has Burton open in the middle but doesn't take it, instead keeps it for whatever reason I'm not sure of and gets ran out of the pocket.

After watching these games again I can say that Miller is being heavily underused and also being looked over by our QB's. He's running great routes, blocking really well and is making the most out of what little opportunity he has had so far. I can't blame him for being frustrated when so many times he's wide open and never looked at for big plays or given time for his routes to develop.

Every time a WR opens their mouth they go to the back of the line. Good rule Nagy.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I think the biggest reason for his drop in production is the entire teams lack of passing yards. The Bears are averaging less than 200 passing yards a game FFS, that's 29th in the NFL right next to the historically terrible Dolphins. Outside of the WAS game the team has basically relied on TEs/RBs & #12 in the passing game. I expect one of these games teams will focus on taking away those options and secondary WR like Miller (and Wims really) will feast.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Dude hasnt caught more than 3 balls in 12 games.

Dude has never caught more that 5 balls in one game.

Dude talks like he's Jerry Rice.

Dude plays like he's Jerry Lewis.

Dude is an offensive player drafted by Ryan Pace.....which means he's probably not as good as anyone thinks.

Dude's not the playmaker he thinks he is and is clearly low on the pecking order for a team that doesnt produce much in the passing game.

Just catch the 1-3 balls per game and make something happen in your limited opportunities.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The thing that is driving me nuts is hearing all these dumbass talking heads spit nonsense just because they have to fill airtime with something. I was cringing my ass off last night hearing Earl Bennett say that the Bears' offense was way better with Chase Daniel. He claimed that the offensive playbook expanded greatly once Chase was in the game...Oh, word? So you mean to tell me that 195 yards 1 touchdown and only one trip into the red zone (from a drive Trubisky started off mind you) is what you call greatly expanding the playbook and playing better? With an offensive line that kept him clean...Only a moron would believe this shit. The Bears' pitiful passing yardage per game was 179 yards before Chase entered the game. So I guess that whole 15 yards is the reasoning for that analysis eh?

People need to pull their heads out of their asses if they think Chase is actually the better option.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It's like some of you didn't read the OP. (one douchey reply admits it). Typical CCS.

Miller is putting in good routes. QBs are skittish and not going for it for some reason. Both are trying to protect the ball, which is good. I suspect confidence is an issue. Mitch has been known to mostly zero in on 1st reads heavily, and check downs after. Explains Miller's lack of action largely IMO.

Plenty of fault definitely falls on the QB's but i've been saying this about Nagy since last year that i feel like he tries to get too many players involved on offense instead of just using your two WR's that play outside in ARob and Gabriel (of course Gabriel will miss his 2nd game tomorrow) and using his slot WR in Miller and sometimes Cohen, and using your #1 TE which of course is Burton but Shaheen should of been getting much more use then he's been getting while Burton has been out cause he's doing good things with the little targets he's getting so far. Nagy wants Wims and Patterson and Braunk and Sowell and Holtz all getting plays called for them which leaves little for the actual starters. Same thing at RB. Monty should be our 3 down back with Cohen getting a few carries a game.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Did you make this thread because A.Miller put out a tweet or said or did something? I missed it if he did so just curious the reason for this thread.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
It's like some of you didn't read the OP. (one douchey reply admits it). Typical CCS.

Miller is putting in good routes. QBs are skittish and not going for it for some reason. Both are trying to protect the ball, which is good. I suspect confidence is an issue. Mitch has been known to mostly zero in on 1st reads heavily, and check downs after. Explains Miller's lack of action largely IMO.

the reason is, he does not fight for the ball.. Time and time again a ball that is slightly off target he give a half assed hand slap vs diving and making a play. You need to show your QB that you are going to fight for the ball no matter what.. When the only balls you catch are perfectly thrown balls and the other WR are fighting and diving for the ball then its no surprise the QB is a bit skittish throwing his way.

smilebit

Liked Posts:
Did you make this thread because A.Miller put out a tweet or said or did something? I missed it if he did so just curious the reason for this thread.

I made the thread because Miller made a social media post and people on here have called him out. While I agree that he should keep this in house I also wanted to see if his frustration was warranted and I think it is. He's getting open, he's blocking well and he's running good to great routes. He's also open on a lot of check down passes where the QB is forcing the ball to another receiver and Miller is left one on one. He's been open for three TD passes and the times where he is targeted he's almost always over thrown. I think with better QB play and being in the slot more times than not, his numbers would be greatly improved. He's playing good and I really don't understand why Trubs or Daniel doesn't look his way more

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
Try again. Allen Robinson isn't a large separation receiver. He never has been. We aren't talking about Taylor Gabriel here. Allen Robinson is open because he routinely makes plays in traffic and fights for the ball. Because of that reliability and his pedigree...he is the go to man.

Or you can do your Booger Mcfarland impression and say that the Bears are still looking for a #1 receiver.
What is this dumb shit? It doesn’t matter what kind of receiver he is. If he’s not open, he’s not open. My point, and the point of this thread, still stands. All you did was give it context. It doesn’t matter why they’re forcing Robinson the ball, if Miller is open and they’re throwing it to Robinson instead based off reputation, when Miller himself lead the team in TD receptions as a rookie (and would’ve had more if his QB didn’t suck) how is that an indictment on Miller’s talent level as a WR?

And I’ve never once said anything about Robinson not being a #1 receiver.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no doubt that Anthony Miller thinks he's going to be a star in this league. Unfortunately, he's stuck on a team with a physically limited back up & a starter who struggles with accuracy & cannot process the game.

I think this off-season Nagy decided "Trubisky to Robinson" was going to be a thing. Miller is low in the pecking order.

It wouldn't surprise me if Miller ended up finding success on another team in a few years. Kinda like Olsen & Jeffrey.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I made the thread because Miller made a social media post and people on here have called him out. While I agree that he should keep this in house I also wanted to see if his frustration was warranted and I think it is. He's getting open, he's blocking well and he's running good to great routes. He's also open on a lot of check down passes where the QB is forcing the ball to another receiver and Miller is left one on one. He's been open for three TD passes and the times where he is targeted he's almost always over thrown. I think with better QB play and being in the slot more times than not, his numbers would be greatly improved. He's playing good and I really don't understand why Trubs or Daniel doesn't look his way more

Yeah i was asking if he made a NEW social media post or are you going off of the one he made a few weeks ago? I was wondering because i haven't seen anything new from him and would like to see it if there is something new.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What is this dumb shit? It doesn’t matter what kind of receiver he is. If he’s not open, he’s not open. My point, and the point of this thread, still stands. All you did was give it context. It doesn’t matter why they’re forcing Robinson the ball, if Miller is open and they’re throwing it to Robinson instead based off reputation, when Miller himself lead the team in TD receptions as a rookie (and would’ve had more if his QB didn’t suck) how is that an indictment on Miller’s talent level as a WR?

And I’ve never once said anything about Robinson not being a #1 receiver.

For the love of god, you can't be this stupid. They're not forcing anything to Robinson. He IS THE playmaker receiver. He catches nearly anything thrown at him. That is why he is the most reliable target and the one getting the most targets and looks. You talk about TDs...well you need to get into the red zone for those...guess who is catching all those passes to get there? Cry all you want about Miller, he isn't even in the same zip code as AR. Period. End of story.