onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Dropping back 20-30 yards so there was about 2 degrees of coverage in front and sides completely open didn't help either. I'm guessing that was one of those NFL mechanics we taught because he was able to not drop out of the pocket in college.

I think he just lacked the mental toughness that the top tier QBs have. He wasn't Rex Grossman mental midget material, but was teetering on the downswing. The gunslinging stuff was fun for a little bit. Then it became more of an annoyance when we couldn't get to the playoffs

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
That can help...evenso...that can fall on the QBs shoulders too. Ben Ben & Aaron Rodgers getting knocked around haven't hurt their play.

EDIT: Same could be said for Russell Wilson

Yeah that was some dogshit he played behind last year.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yeah that was some dogshit he played behind last year.

I can't believe he did as well as he did last year, being a pocket passer after his ankle injury. Of course he became more Russ after the ankle healed

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I think he just lacked the mental toughness that the top tier QBs have. He wasn't Rex Grossman mental midget material, but was teetering on the downswing. The gunslinging stuff was fun for a little bit. Then it became more of an annoyance when we couldn't get to the playoffs

That's what I'm getting sold on. You either got it or you don't. Orton had the mentality but lacked the skills to be great, I'm amazed he ever had 3000yd years.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
He will know what play is being called then go through mental reps and visualize the play all the while watching what the defense brings and what he should have done on that play. There is a ton he can learn this year without even stepping foot on the field although I'm sure Glennon's shitty play will not keep him off the field long.

In terms of harm it's a confidence thing. Once the confidence goes a player starts to second guess themselves. Not saying he would fall victim but he is green.

Glennon's shitty play should not force management's hands in rushing Mitch, only Mitch's preparedness should.
Really..........Mental reps? You don't learn from mental reps how to recover from mistakes or how mentally tough you have to be to play in this league. You learn nothing from the bench. A quarterback only learns from being on the field. Learning the speed of the game, learning from his mistakes, learning what the pro game is all about from actually playing the game. Peyton Manning had a horrible 3-13 rookie season and said he learned as much from that season as any season he ever had.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Really..........Mental reps? You don't learn from mental reps how to recover from mistakes or how mentally tough you have to be to play in this league. You learn nothing from the bench. A quarterback only learns from being on the field. Learning the speed of the game, learning from his mistakes, learning what the pro game is all about from actually playing the game. Peyton Manning had a horrible 3-13 rookie season and said he learned as much from that season as any season he ever had.

Sure Dr, I've been exercising and dieting like a madman....in my mind.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Maybe Bortles just doesn't have the mentality to be a good Qb.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bortles looks like he is 40

6723249c-5fb5-4b0a-9373-cb59cdc99ec8.jpg

Trubisky looks like he is 17

GQNVEZAYPUJVZRM.20160502205547.jpg

Edit: They do have a strikingly similar resemblance though, like maybe Bortles could be Mitchell's dad.

are you black?......not all whites look alike

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If they were black, other than hair color, Bortles looks ready for retirement. So does his game. Black don't crack.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
so you think he is ruined because he was inserted too early?

It had nothing to do with coaches? No running game? No oline? Dumb ass wr wasting his career being suspended?

none of that matters only plausible conclusion is he was put in as starter too early?

not buying it bra
How are any of those things different from the bears though? They're just as bad in everything you aaid

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch does not stare down receivers. He'll go through his progressions quickly.

Ergo he'll never be Bortles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
so you think he is ruined because he was inserted too early?

It had nothing to do with coaches? No running game? No oline? Dumb ass wr wasting his career being suspended?

none of that matters only plausible conclusion is he was put in as starter too early?

not buying it bra

Agreed. I think in very and i mean very VERY rare cases a qb is "ruined" by poor handling but 99% of the time a guy turns out to be no good is well because hes just no good. If Bortless was going to be good he wouldve been.