Don't worry about 2023, it's all about 2024 **Bear FTO** Mods free to ban offenders.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I wish the Claypool pick was the later 2nd, but I think he's going to be very good. Velus? Hated that pick. That was a waste. Terrible. But overall I think our draft this year was VERY good. RJ is going to be the starting RB and a stud.
Can we please stop talking about the Claypool pick, I mean really get over it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. The Niners have the most talented team in the NFL but they are still limited because their QBs haven't delivered. So the point jackass is it doesnt matter how much other talent you have if your QB chokes when it matters.

2. Jalen Hurts and the Eagles scored 35 points stupid. He had 374 combined yards and 4 combined TDs. He showed he could play well on the biggest stage.

3. By contrast, Goff had 229 yards and 1int. He had 0 TDs and the Rams scored 3 points. You really cant be this stupid to compare the two.

I mean Jesus Christ, the Rams literally dumped Goff and won a Super Bowl with his replacement while the Eagles gave Hurts 200m after he almost won them a Super Bowl outdueling the current active GOAT QB. The fact you are trying to compare the two is embarrassing.
Jared Goff has been to three probowls and won three playoff games.
How many playoff games has Justin Fields won?
How many times has Justin Fields thrown for over 3000 yds.
Both Hurts and Goff have been to the SB and lost. The defense Goff faced was considerably better

Yes, one of these things is not like the other................

The sad thing is, if Goff was on the Bears, he would be the best Qb the Bears have ever had.

RuszBron1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Hey buttercup, how many playoff games Bears participated in since Fields was QB?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Both Hurts and Goff have been to the SB and lost. The defense Goff faced was considerably better

The sad thing is, if Goff was on the Bears, he would be the best Qb the Bears have ever had.

Lol, you are so stupid. The Pats gave up 20.3 PPG in 2018. Goff managed 3 against them. The Chiefs gave up 21.7 PPG. Hurts managed 35. The Rams responded to Goff losing the Super Bowl by giving up a 1st round pick to get rid of him. The Eagles responded to Hurts losing the Super Bowl by giving him 200m. So it really doesn't matter what dumb shit you try and come up with to justify your position. The NFL reality is McVay gave up on Goff because he didn't think he could win with him. So comparing Hurts and Goff is straight up stupid.

Your Fields questions are quite stupid because I already said that the difference is potential not actual results to date. Fields still has the potential to develop into a Super Bowl winning QB. Whether he does or not remains to be seen. Goff has already failed in the most embarrassing way to the point the Rams gave up on him. So you are correct they are not comparable. The only time Fields or Hurts will be comparable to Goff is when their original teams give up on them like the Rams did with Goff. The only way Goff will prove the Rams wrong is by winning a SB which no one really believes he will. Not even you.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Is n0sexneto celebrating accomplishments of players not on his team again?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol, you are so stupid. The Pats gave up 20.3 PPG in 2018. Goff managed 3 against them. The Chiefs gave up 21.7 PPG. Hurts managed 35. The Rams responded to Goff losing the Super Bowl by giving up a 1st round pick to get rid of him. The Eagles responded to Hurts losing the Super Bowl by giving him 200m. So it really doesn't matter what dumb shit you try and come up with to justify your position. The NFL reality is McVay gave up on Goff because he didn't think he could win with him. So comparing Hurts and Goff is straight up stupid.

Your Fields questions are quite stupid because I already said that the difference is potential not actual results to date. Fields still has the potential to develop into a Super Bowl winning QB. Whether he does or not remains to be seen. Goff has already failed in the most embarrassing way to the point the Rams gave up on him. So you are correct they are not comparable. The only time Fields or Hurts will be comparable to Goff is when their original teams give up on them like the Rams did with Goff. The only way Goff will prove the Rams wrong is by winning a SB which no one really believes he will. Not even you.
LMAO, so you are still holding to your hot take Goff had no value in that trade with the Lions, and LA had to pay to get rid of Goff.
Wow.
That is pretty amazing, seeing how Goff is better than Fields.
What does that make Fields worth?
And thank you for adding clarity to the argument, I now know that the only way JF establishes himself as a franchise QB is if he wins a SB.
Thanks for that.

But But But, potential

The Rams responded to Goff losing the Super Bowl by giving up a 1st round pick to get rid of him

Your recollection of history is severely flawed. In 2019, the Los Angeles Rams decided that two-plus seasons was a big enough sample size for them to feel strongly about committing to Jared Goff as their long-term starting quarterback. He made the Pro Bowl in back-to-back seasons after Sean McVay was hired, he out dueled Patrick Mahomes in a historic 54-51 win in prime time, the Rams reached the Super Bowl. They signed him to an extension worth $134 million. That was after the Superbowl loss, jackass.

Now, would you like to try again?

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:
LMAO, so you are still holding to your hot take Goff had no value in that trade with the Lions, and LA had to pay to get rid of Goff.
Wow.
And thank you for adding clarity to the argument, I now know that the only way JF establishes himself as a franchise QB is if he wins a SB.
Thanks for that.

But But But, potential

The Rams responded to Goff losing the Super Bowl by giving up a 1st round pick to get rid of him

Your recollection of history is severely flawed. In 2019, the Los Angeles Rams decided that two-plus seasons was a big enough sample size for them to feel strongly about committing to Jared Goff as their long-term starting quarterback. He made the Pro Bowl in back-to-back seasons after Sean McVay was hired, he out dueled Patrick Mahomes in a historic 54-51 win in prime time, the Rams reached the Super Bowl. They signed him to an extension worth $134 million. That was after the Superbowl loss, jackass.

Mahomes and Goff should duel again. it would be awesome to witness.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ncockneto celebrating playoff wins that dont belong to the Lions

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
WEAR in this thread was said the Bears defense will be better than the Lions this year? All we looking for is improvement. At the same time Bears offense will be compatible or better than Lions, and I don't even worry about Fields taking the next step..
FIFY

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Bears have been to as many playoff games with Fields as the Lions have with Goof. WTF? What's wrong with the rest of your team if you have this premier QB, all these high picks and great players but still can't manage a postseason.

We know that we're rebuilding so take your best shots while you can, because this window aint lasting long and your Lions will implode again before accomplishing anything meaningful. You'll be back in Detoilet soon enough.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wow.
Thanks for that.

But But But, potential

Yes the Rams gave up an extra 1st round pick to offload Goff's contract. If the Rams and Lions actually valued Goff as this Pro Bowl stud the Rams would not have needed to also give up 2 first round picks.

The Rams admitted they fucked up giving Goff the extension hence why they traded him away and promptly won a Super Bowl without him.

Let's revisit when Hurts or Fields are traded away or Goff wins a Super Bowl. Until then the point remains. Goff is a limiting factor on how far the Lions can go as he has failed miserably in the SB scorinf only 3 points. 3 fucking points.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Yes the Rams gave up an extra 1st round pick to offload Goff's contract. If the Rams and Lions actually valued Goff as this Pro Bowl stud the Rams would not have needed to also give up 2 first round picks.

The Rams admitted they fucked up giving Goff the extension hence why they traded him away and promptly won a Super Bowl without him.

Let's revisit when Hurts or Fields are traded away or Goff wins a Super Bowl. Until then the point remains. Goff is a limiting factor on how far the Lions can go as he has failed miserably in the SB scorinf only 3 points. 3 fucking points.
The way the lions are going reminds me of the Bears for the longest time, hoping they can get just an average starting QB and trying to win big on the back of an elite defense. The Lions can move the ball and score but no one thinks Goff will be able to do more than make the playoffs and maybe win a game. That's a big deal for the Lions though.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Oh, really? Show me where, dumbass.
Ewe make a good point. Eye can't see any bases two make that claim. If posters can't sight those statistics then they need to prey you don't school them.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Who cares about pro bowls. They are meaningless. Look how many players get voted to the pro bowl that have no right to be there.

How many playoff wins does Goff have with the Lions? That’s the only thing that matters. What he did with the Rams means nothing right now.

If Goff would have been on the Bears the last few seasons he would be retired by now. He would have gotten his ass handled so badly.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The Rams responded to Goff losing the Super Bowl by giving up a 1st round pick to get rid of him.

After the Rams lost the SB with Goff, they responded by giving him a record setting extension. Your statement was full of shit. Now eat it. Two years later the Rams traded Goff, with McVay admitting he could have done better with Goff. It is not a matter of if you think Goff is "elite" or not, the fact remains he was an added value to the Lions, and it's stupid to suggest otherwise. So yes, Goff had a bad game in ONE SB. It happens. Yet, he has not been Kirk Cousins bad on the big stage either.

To date, JF has been nothing but a bottom of the barrel passer, that can run with the ball. I used to hear the same shit over and over about Stafford, how he could never win a SB. How did that work out for you? Coming from a franchise that trotted out Andy Dalton, Mitch Trubisky, and Mike Glennon, I find Bears fans criticisms of Goff highly entertaining.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Rams responded to Goff losing the Super Bowl by giving up a 1st round pick to get rid of him.

After the Rams lost the SB with Goff, they responded by giving him a record setting extension. Your statement was full of shit. Now eat it. Two years later the Rams traded Goff, with McVay admitting he could have done better with Goff. It is not a matter of if you think Goff is "elite" or not, the fact remains he was an added value to the Lions, and it's stupid to suggest otherwise. So yes, Goff had a bad game in ONE SB. It happens. Yet, he has not been Kirk Cousins bad on the big stage either.

To date, JF has been nothing but a bottom of the barrel passer, that can run with the ball. I used to hear the same shit over and over about Stafford, how he could never win a SB. How did that work out for you? Coming from a franchise that trotted out Andy Dalton, Mitch Trubisky, and Mike Glennon, I find Bears fans criticisms of Goff highly entertaining.
"A league source told The Athletic on Saturday night that the Lions had as many as eight offers for Stafford, and each had a first-round pick included. Yet, the source said, the Rams’ offer, which included Goff, an extra first-round pick and an immediate third-round pick, “blew the others out of the water.” The additional first-round pick sweetened it and made taking on the rest of Goff’s deal more palatable."

No one else offered 2 firsts. As the above notes the Rams threw in an extra first to make it more palatable for the Lions to take on Goff's contract. So again, the Rams gave up on his ass and gave up an extra first to get rid of him. They then won a Super Bowl immediately after replacing him.

Until Goff wins a Super Bowl, McVay was 100% correct to dump him. The goal is to win a Super Bowl and McVay won one without him. The end.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"A league source told The Athletic on Saturday night that the Lions had as many as eight offers for Stafford, and each had a first-round pick included. Yet, the source said, the Rams’ offer, which included Goff, an extra first-round pick and an immediate third-round pick, “blew the others out of the water.” The additional first-round pick sweetened it and made taking on the rest of Goff’s deal more palatable."

No one else offered 2 firsts. As the above notes the Rams threw in an extra first to make it more palatable for the Lions to take on Goff's contract. So again, the Rams gave up on his ass and gave up an extra first to get rid of him. They then won a Super Bowl immediately after replacing him.

Until Goff wins a Super Bowl, McVay was 100% correct to dump him. The goal is to win a Super Bowl and McVay won one without him. The end.

After the Rams lost the SB with Goff, they responded by giving him a record setting extension. Your statement was full of shit. Now eat it.

My statement was this:

The fact remains he was an added value to the Lions, and it's stupid to suggest otherwise.

Nowhere did I state that his contract was or was not part of the reason the Lions got an additional 1st. But nice attempt at moving the goal posts. Whether the Lions can win a SB with him remains to be seen, but it has been proven you can win playoff games, division titles, and make it to the SB with him. He is easily better than either of Mike Glennon, or Andy Dalton, bridge QB's the Bears trotted out on the field. And let's not forget, the Rams took on Stafford's contract as well.

Last edited:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sorry but a lot of stupid in there that should be pointed out as I see some of the bigger football retards like your post.

You first bemoan the Pats gave up 20.3 ppg in 2018 as if that's a lot even as it put them #7 in the league. Rams held Brady to 13 and gave up 24 ppg. He and Goff had similar games, difference being the Pats had far more success running in that game, 154 yards for them to 64 yards for the Rams and they simply had the better defense.

Not only did the Rams not give up on Goff after that SB as you idiotically claim, but they rewarded him with a new fat 4 year contract w/the most guaranteed money ever to that point. It was 2 years later that they traded him cause they felt he was regressing and wanted to get out of that contract.

And, of course, there's been QBs who have gone on to have great success with other teams, so just more stupidity on your part.