Doug Buffone passed away..

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am too young to have seen him play, but the guy gave me years of absolutely priceless radio... aces on and off the field.

Doug, you contributed a shit-ton to my enjoyment of bears football... even in the worst of times, your show had a way of making the losses entertaining after the game was done.

DocBito831

Liked Posts:
Nor Cal born, Nor Cal raised. Orange County living
Just discovered his postgame show with OB last season thanks to the magic of podcasting. Was the only thing good that I got out of last season. Was also the only thing I was really looking forward to this season. RIP

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I saw every game Buffone played and say he is in the top 5 Bears LBs of all time.He was always overshadowed by the greatness of Butkus and would have made the pro bowl more if he didnt play next to Butkus

Tom Arrow

Liked Posts:
I don't know if OB will continue on without Doug on the Doug and OB Bears Postgame Show, but I doubt it. I liked listening to the show as much as the games and often more. Football will never be the same for me again. Man am I bummed out.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apologies in advance to all of his friends and family members reading this that will read the inevitable rude and heartless posts that will be posted here.

How'd he die?

Edit: WC being a choad; not that surprised..

this guy

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Damn. Glad that I got to meet him last year. Real nice guy actually asked about me when I met him. Got his autograph will have to hang it up in the office.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
He was a great Chicago Bear, old school, blue collar, spoke his mind and told it like it was..As a fan I respect guys like him and will miss him. My condolences to his family, OB and all his other friends, Bears players and extended Chicago Bears family everywhere who loved him...

Reactions: 1ke

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
I loved tuning into The Score after a really shitty loss and just listening to him yell. His anger represented what most of us were feeling, and it was nice to be reminded that you weren't the only one who was angry. Postgame will never be the same, and I really mean that.

Anyone know what killed him? I know he was 70 and it could have been anything, but 70 isn't THAT old. I'm guessing it was a heart attack or something but who knows.

RIP Big Doug

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I loved tuning into The Score after a really shitty loss and just listening to him yell. His anger represented what most of us were feeling, and it was nice to be reminded that you weren't the only one who was angry. Postgame will never be the same, and I really mean that.

Anyone know what killed him? I know he was 70 and it could have been anything, but 70 isn't THAT old. I'm guessing it was a heart attack or something but who knows.

RIP Big Doug

Stress from this past season with Trestman.

Seriously though, the fact that my man Dougs last season to watch was that Trestman and Emery circus.. Ugh. That makes me hate those two that much more.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Stress from this past season with Trestman.

Seriously though, the fact that my man Dougs last season to watch was that Trestman and Emery circus.. Ugh. That makes me hate those two that much more.

srsly despbro?

Hate is poison.

And bringing up that kind of poison is the most disrespectful thing you can do when you are talking about people that have passed. Not trolling bro, srs. Get your shit together, live laugh love, remember???

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
srsly despbro?

Hate is poison.

And bringing up that kind of poison is the most disrespectful thing you can do when you are talking about people that have passed. Not trolling bro, srs. Get your shit together, live laugh love, remember???

You're nuts.