CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Any of you smarty-pants know what they mean by only trading 3 draft cycles of picks? For instance, let's just say tomorrow* the Bears trade the pick to the Patriots could it be one of the following:

1. Patriots get Bears #1 Bears get: #3 overall, '25 #1, '26 #1, and '27 #1
2. Patriots get Bears #1 Bears get: #3 overall, '25 #1, '26 #1

How about those offers from the Patriots once the draft starts? Does that change anything about the three cycles?

EDIT: Had to reformat because of shitty @cystallas hacks

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
Any of you smarty-pants know what they mean by only trading 3 draft cycles of picks? For instance, let's just say tomorrow* the Bears trade the pick to the Patriots could it be one of the following:

1. Patriots get Bears #1 2. Patriots get Bears #1
Bears get: Bears get:
#3 overall #3 overall
'25 #1 '25 #1
'26 #1 '26 #1
'27 #1

How about those offers from the Patriots once the draft starts? Does that change anything about the three cycles?
It would need to be done during the draft from what I remember hearing/reading in the last week.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It would need to be done during the draft from what I remember hearing/reading in the last week.
Option 1 or Option 2?

Please see my edited version for a less crappy formatted version.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

1. Patriots get Bears #1 Bears get: #3 overall, '25 #1, '26 #1, and '27 #1
2. Patriots get Bears #1 Bears get: #3 overall, '25 #1, '26 #1

EDIT: Had to reformat because of shitty @cystallas hacks
Before the draft, 2024, 2025 and 2026 first round picks can be traded in one trade (3 total)

Once the draft officially begins, 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027 first round picks can be traded in one trade (4 total).

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If some team would be willing to give up 4 1st round picks for Caleb Williams, is there anyone that would say no?
Sure. Teams pay 3 without being sure what's available or who they want when they pick. (49ers). What if the 49ers decided to try again and offered 4? How valuable is 4 1st rounders likely to be when picked around #30? How much did losing those 1st rounders hurt them? How much did it change Miami? There were 10-6 before the trade and Flores lost his job after the following year. They were 11-6 this past year which effectively the same as before the trade (1 more game played with odds in favor of winning).

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Start with a two 2nd rounders this year, plus a 1st next year, and Daron Payne. Anything else is a bonus. Either Maye at two or keep Justin and get MHJ.

That is a weird answer to my question.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure. Teams pay 3 without being sure what's available or who they want when they pick. (49ers). What if the 49ers decided to try again and offered 4? How valuable is 4 1st rounders likely to be when picked around #30? How much did losing those 1st rounders hurt them? How much did it change Miami? There were 10-6 before the trade and Flores lost his job after the following year. They were 11-6 this past year which effectively the same as before the trade (1 more game played with odds in favor of winning).
So… you would say no?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They'd be able to trade the 3rd pick all the way through to the 2027 pick if it were done on draft night. So 4 firsts in total.

Now combine this with Poles saying he's willing to take the decision all the way to April.

:long:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
So… you would say no?
It just depends how much they like him. Would the Chiefs trade Mahomes for all those picks? I doubt it. Ofcourse he is already proven to be one of the best ever. But it goes to the point that a player that good at the QB position is more valuable than any realistic trade offer available.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So… you would say no?
I have no idea. I'm just some guy on a PC that hasn't watched much film or interviewed any of these guys. I'm saying it's not the slam dunk some think it is.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
If some team would be willing to give up 4 1st round picks for Caleb Williams, is there anyone that would say no?
I'd be fine if they got something like this as long as they then draft Maye at #2.

People are shitting on Maye because of a helmet bias, but the kid has an arm, size, has been verified by many experts that he can actually read a defense, he is a pocket passer, and he is young. So lots of high potential.

But, I'd like them to take Williams as I think he is a sure thing.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It just depends how much they like him. Would the Chiefs trade Mahomes for all those picks? I doubt it. Ofcourse he is already proven to be one of the best ever. But it goes to the point that a player that good at the QB position is more valuable than any realistic trade offer available.
You can’t use Mahomes as an example. He’s already a proven commodity. I’m talking about futures. The values are not equivalent.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I’ve moved on and am ready to take Williams. If a team offered 4 firsts though I’d probably do it. I‘m not opposed to keeping Fields. I like him. I think he probably has a limited ceiling but he’s humble, works hard and has improved. You can build a hell of a team around him with all those assets.

I‘m really not even opposed to keeping Fields for slightly less. It would have to still be a big haul though. Something like they got last year with an extra 1st thrown in. 3 firsts a 2nd and a blue chipper currently on the roster. I don’t really see teams offering that. It’s the price though. With maybe a tiny bit of wiggle room.

I guess that second theoretical trade is probably more than four 1sts so it isn’t really “slightly less.” IDK. I just know that if I’m passing on Williams and trading down you’re giving me a shit ton. Otherwise I’m happily taking Williams.