Draft Rumors involving the Bulls

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
The Chicago Bulls are trying to convince the New Jersey Nets to take their 16th and 26th picks to move to No. 11, and one Eastern Conference executive says Chicago’s target is Wake Forest forward James Johnson.

Some say Johnson has been slipping and could be available at No. 16, but no one seems sure about anything in this draft.

The Nets are considering the proposal. They’ve been intrigued by Louisville shooting guard Terrence Williams at No. 11, but could be willing to drop down with the belief that North Carolina’s Tyler Hansbrough could be available at 16.

Houston Rockets guard Tracy McGrady would love a move to the Chicago Bulls, one league executive said, but Bulls GM Gar Forman has no interest.

The Bulls are trying to move useless Jerome James and his $6.6 million contract to create more cap space to re-sign Ben Gordon. If they don’t send the Nets their two first-round picks for No. 11, they’ll have to ship one of those picks to get a team to take James from them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...?slug=aw-draftnotes061909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Wow James Johnson ok i guess. I wont be happy but if they see something I dont see I will go with them since they are in the business. It looks like the bulls have no interest in the 26th pick.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
By the way 80 year old Tracy McGrady, no thanks.

Woodz

Liked Posts:
I wouldnt be adverse to trading for mcgrady, assuming that deng is part of the package. Everyone keeps harping on how bad of a contract luol has, if so then we should jump on the chance to turn him into an expiring.

That would certainly help out with the 2010 plan.

MADman24

Liked Posts:
Woodz wrote:
I wouldnt be adverse to trading for mcgrady, assuming that deng is part of the package. Everyone keeps harping on how bad of a contract luol has, if so then we should jump on the chance to turn him into an expiring.

That would certainly help out with the 2010 plan.
I couldn't agree more if we could turn Deng into an expiring I would have to take the deal even for a McGrady with no knees.

As far as the other rumors people will want James because his contract is 85% insured if he cant play and it expires in 2010.

I like Johnson and if he won't be there at 16 I have no problem trading both picks to get him because the others players I really like are undersized PGs, Flynn and Lawson, and it wouldn't make sense to take them at 16 and likely wouldn't be there anyway.