dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
However, if a similarly talented OT/OG drops, there is zero excuse in my mind to take the WR over the tackle/guard.

This offense averaged less than 4 yards a carry and mitch had one of the lowest time to throws in the nfl.

That won't cut it.

For example, if it's between Cesar Ruiz or Hamler at #43, I take Ruiz 100% of the time.

Well yeah if you're talking about a guard that's rated in the top 3 guards of the draft compared to a WR that's probably right around 12th or so in the WR group then i'd take that guard as well.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah I think the value at TE in this draft is round 3 and 4. Kmet is good but is not an elite prospect and I think a few guys taken after him will outproduce him. He is a good get if you want a guy that can play inline but not sure I would spend a 2nd round pick in a inline guy. More of a high floor low ceiling pick.

he’s not just an in-line guy. Not by a long shot

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Part of me wants to draft Isaiah Wilson.

6’7” 350lbs of FU coming downhill.

Traditinally Castillo has had big lineman, but he might be pushing it.
Wilson and Kmet and call it a day.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Wilson and Kmet and call it a day.

I think i'd rather they pass on TE in the 2nd round if they end up sitting at 43 and 50 cause they can't find a good trade and draft a TE in the 5th or 6th. I wonder where Brycen Hopkins is gonna go cause he's one of my favorite TE's in this draft and then of course my sleeper is Dalton Keene who should be around in the 6th and maybe even 7th but who really knows.

There's a lot of interesting TE's in this draft that should be around in the 3rd thru 6th rounds that i'd be good drafting especially if we can get a trade down in the 2nd and get a 3rd or 4th.

Quik_7_Devin

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yay or nay on this draft day trade? Bears lower 2nd + 7th for Bucs 3rd, 4th & OJ

50th (400 pts) & 226th (1pt)

for

76th (210), 117th (60), & Howard (401-270= 131pt value or late 3rd rd value)

msadows

Liked Posts:
yay or nay on this draft day trade? Bears lower 2nd + 7th for Bucs 3rd, 4th & OJ

50th (400 pts) & 226th (1pt)

for

76th (210), 117th (60), & Howard (401-270= 131pt value or late 3rd rd value)

Yes.

Draft the best lineman available at 43.

Take a WR with 76. Go Guard/S with 117

Edit:

43: Austin Jackson
76: Chase Claypool
117: Tyler Biadasz/Terrell Burgess

I would be thrilled with that draft.

Last edited:

Quik_7_Devin

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes.

Draft the best lineman available at 43.

Take a WR with 76. Go Guard/S with 117
I can dig that.

Pace set the Bears up for BPA so if we do keep the 1st pick and try to get the best talent that "slipped", maybe someone like Reagor, or a DB, etc.

Luke

Liked Posts:
However, if a similarly talented OT/OG drops, there is zero excuse in my mind to take the WR over the tackle/guard.

This offense averaged less than 4 yards a carry and mitch had one of the lowest time to throws in the nfl.

That won't cut it.

For example, if it's between Cesar Ruiz or Hamler at #43, I take Ruiz 100% of the time.

But you don't know what Pace's board looks like so you don't have any idea how they grade Hamler or Ruiz.
Since speed is so important in the Reid system, perhaps Hamler is graded higher than Ruiz despite what Drafttek or Walter may say.

msadows

Liked Posts:
But you don't know what Pace's board looks like so you don't have any idea how they grade Hamler or Ruiz.
Since speed is so important in the Reid system, perhaps Hamler is graded higher than Ruiz despite what Drafttek or Walter may say.

Speed doesn't matter when you have no time to throw.

It starts at the trenches.

Reid has one of the best olines in football.

I have no idea what Nagy/Pace have higher. But it better be Oline, otherwise we will be looking for oline again next year after a disappointing season.

My point is if its between an OL and WR and they both have comparable ratings, that motherfucker better take the OL.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Isaiah Wilson is very intriguing. Redshirt sophomore this past season, so he's pretty young (21). A former 5-star recruit and HS all american a few years ago. He's also pretty raw, though, but I think that plays into the Bears' hands as they don't like to throw rookies in the mix right away. Would guess with the current roster, they'd just get him up to speed at RT, but I'd love him to get a shot to get in the RG mix if the Bears drafted him. I'd be extremely happy with him at either 43 or 50, despite him kind of being a boom/bust type of prospect.

I think he will go a lot earlier than people think and can see him at the back end of the 1st.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Speed doesn't matter when you have no time to throw.

It starts at the trenches.

Reid has one of the best olines in football.

I have no idea what Nagy/Pace have higher. But it better be Oline, otherwise we will be looking for oline again next year after a disappointing season.

My point is if its between an OL and WR and they both have comparable ratings, that motherfucker better take the OL.

I have been following Bears drafts before Walter was chosen and if I have learned anything it is don't be surprised and be surprised if you're not disappointed.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can dig that.

Pace set the Bears up for BPA so if we do keep the 1st pick and try to get the best talent that "slipped", maybe someone like Reagor, or a DB, etc.

Did he set them up to go BPA because we don’t have adequete options at

RG
OT
WR
TE
SS
CB2

If you go into the draft with tons of needs then you can pick tons of positions and it makes sense.

Guy tapping his head meme.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think i'd rather they pass on TE in the 2nd round if they end up sitting at 43 and 50 cause they can't find a good trade and draft a TE in the 5th or 6th. I wonder where Brycen Hopkins is gonna go cause he's one of my favorite TE's in this draft and then of course my sleeper is Dalton Keene who should be around in the 6th and maybe even 7th but who really knows.

There's a lot of interesting TE's in this draft that should be around in the 3rd thru 6th rounds that i'd be good drafting especially if we can get a trade down in the 2nd and get a 3rd or 4th.

Kmet for me would not be a set off fireworks pick, but I would understand the move.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i'm hoping pace trades down and gets more picks...i'm not a fan of really any TE's in this class...hunter bryant and devin asiasi are prob the best U TE's in this draft but they arent worth 2nd rd picks...thursday cant come soon enough

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not sure how he fits the system, in Philly they used big monsters, in KC they have gone smaller and a little more athletic.

Wilson is a freakish prospect.

Personally think this OL needs a decent mix of finesse and power guys. Right now we too skewed towards finesse and need 2 guys on right side that can actually move people IMO.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
he’s not just an in-line guy. Not by a long shot

That is not what I am saying. Most of the other TE prospects are move TEs who would struggle playing inline from a blocking perspective. So if we want more of a pass catching move TE then can find those guys throughout the draft. If you want a guy that can play inline while still being a good pass catcher then Kmet is one of the few that can do both well.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Part of me wants to draft Isaiah Wilson.

6’7” 350lbs of FU coming downhill.

Traditinally Castillo has had big lineman, but he might be pushing it.

He would be a great pick if he was available at 43. I don’t see him lasting that long. Upside is huge and there’s a solid floor. Big part of Georgia’s success on the ground.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would like one of the following WRs to fall,

Denzel Mims
Brandon Aiyuk
Jalen Reagor

In that order. I would wait for one of them, maybe make a small move up (4-5 pick) if 2 have already gone.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I would like one of the following WRs to fall,

Denzel Mims
Brandon Aiyuk
Jalen Reagor

In that order. I would wait for one of them, maybe make a small move up (4-5 pick) if 2 have already gone.

Not a fan of tee higgins?

hmm.