dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I absolutely love Chinn. He’s a first round talent all day everyday. The Harrison Smith comp is no joke, but he’s even bigger, faster and more athletic than Smith. He’d be a perfect fit next to Eddie Jackson.

A sure tackling thumper with speed, instincts and coverage abilities, what's not to like and how could any Bears fan not like the fit?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So we have a downfield jump ball guy who does not get the ball thrown to him downfield...

but we should get a speed deep threat....so we can not throw to him deep.

got it.

I am advocating a speed option to generate YAC yards on shorter throws.

I have like 8 posts about YAC yards and the amount we throw short.

Try and keep up.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Adam Jahns in his latest article said his bold prediction for the draft is that multiple OLmen are drafted.

BPo001

Liked Posts:
If you had to do one of these trades which one would you do? I'm doing #2 but absolutely have to use one of the 2nd's on a T if they do it.

I think I would do the third one. Cohen is in the last year of his deal (I think), and I have a feeling he is going to want a bigger payday than I’m willing to pay him.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I absolutely love Chinn. He’s a first round talent all day everyday. The Harrison Smith comp is no joke, but he’s even bigger, faster and more athletic than Smith. He’d be a perfect fit next to Eddie Jackson.

Halas Hall has brought in a ton of safeties for a looksee. Chinn would be be awesome paired with Jackson. Run support and blitzing, allowing Jackson to stay in the outfield as a ballhawk. I could see Pace moving up to 40 to get him.

Also Higgins would be better than Mimms ( according to that source ) and would be fine with Arob and Miller...BUT what about Javon Wimms ? Couple of years invested in him now. Also, IMO, of the WRs brought in by the BEARs for a better look, Mimms was the better option. Maybe the BEARs go with Chinn and best available Olineman with the Twos ? ( and forget about a WR )

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs' mock draft 1-50.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...20200422-7x4o5xo4njdcvfwjowfwk4brby-list.html

#43--Noah Igbinoghene (CB Auburn)

#50--KJ Hamler (WR Penn St)
That has to be one of the worst mock drafts I have seen yet. No idea on his second round predictions, but his top ten screams "I am an idiot" and people should stop reading from there.

I seen this somewhere, and I would be happy with it.

Lions trade #3 overall + 5th rnd pick to Jacksonville for Yannick Ngakoue + 9th overall.
They then take CJ Henderson with the 9th pick

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There's a chance that four OTs go before the first WR. The OT class is great, probably not quite on the WR level in terms of depth but it's the best one in awhile. There are probably four other OTs who could potentially go in the first and probably 12 or so in the top 75.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a chance that four OTs go before the first WR. The OT class is great, probably not quite on the WR level in terms of depth but it's the best one in awhile. There are probably four other OTs who could potentially go in the first and probably 12 or so in the top 75.
No way...maybe 2

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If you had to do one of these trades which one would you do? I'm doing #2 but absolutely have to use one of the 2nd's on a T if they do it.

I'm not sure Brate is the one that I would trade for, I like either of the scenarios for Howard.

Honestly, Nagy's offense needs an explosive TE to be effective, at this point I would be willing to trade 50 for 76 (3rd round), 117 (4th) and and get Howard?

The Patriots have a lot of draft capital and if they have an inclination of going after Howard, they have more ammo, so I think it needs to be more appealing to work with us.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
There's no way in hell they trade Leno for Cameron Brate. C'mon man.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If Tua falls out of the top 10 and you are the Bears...if you have him as a top QB prospect and are willing to roll the dice on his medicals, you absolutely have to find a way to trade up
Too risky, the hip is something that rarely breaks and when it does, it is never right again.... throwing power comes from the ground up and your hips are vital.... NO WAY. Tua might drop lower than you think, particularly because no real workouts.

IF he drops into the 20s, maybe, but by then other teams with more draft ammo will likely be all over him.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
No way...maybe 2
When you look at who badly needs OT, I'm not sure. NYG, MIA, SD, AZ, CLE would all probably have OT among their top handful of needs. And there are 4 top OT prospects. I don't think anyone before LV is really chomping for a WR.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Too risky, the hip is something that rarely breaks and when it does, it is never right again.... throwing power comes from the ground up and your hips are vital.... NO WAY. Tua might drop lower than you think, particularly because no real workouts.

IF he drops into the 20s, maybe, but by then other teams with more draft ammo will likely be all over him.

I can attest to this. I played two professional sports. Golf and Soccer and I broke my hip in a car accident and it was impossible to come back to same form. Granted I was older than him.

I was able to play both again but nowhere near the same level that I previously played.