Drafting a TE to be our primary receiver...

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
I really like the TE talent this draft has to offer as well. I don't think they should draft one in the first, but perhaps Evan Engram is a guy Pace should look at. Engram's athleticism at tight end is unbelievable.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Any of those top 3 at #36 would be a great pick. Big fan of Engram.
The only hesitation I would have is if for some reason one of the first round shut down CB's fell to #36. Other than that, grabbing a play making TE and forgetting about that position for years would be awesome. It's been too long.

Liked Posts:
I really like the TE talent this draft has to offer as well. I don't think they should draft one in the first, but perhaps Evan Engram is a guy Pace should look at. Engram's athleticism at tight end is unbelievable.

Completely agree. He's fast and he can rack up the YAC! 7 plays over 35yrds this year, this guy is a beast and he isnt afraid to block. Id take him in the 2nd round...give Watson someone to grow with.

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
Completely agree. He's fast and he can rack up the YAC! 7 plays over 35yrds this year, this guy is a beast and he isnt afraid to block. Id take him in the 2nd round...give Watson someone to grow with.
Great minds think alike
Round 1: Watson
Round 2: Engram
Round 3: any DB pace wants

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really wish there was a way to acquire an extra 1st and 2nd this year. Come out of the draft in some magical way with Watson/Trubs and Adams/Hooker, and Howard/Njoku/Engram, and Watt.

I'd probably cream myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I really wish there was a way to acquire an extra 1st and 2nd this year. Come out of the draft in some magical way with Watson/Trubs and Adams/Hooker, and Howard/Njoku/Engram, and Watt.

I'd probably cream myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean like Cleveland? They can take Garrett at 1, and get a good QB or DB prospect at 12 thanks to their trade from last year, and then can grab the best talent left at the top of the second.

Having two picks in the top half of the draft is pretty sweet, but you have to be willing to either be willing to forgo your first pick entirely, or suck enough that you can trade your pick for a first in both the present and following year. Maybe if the first two picks take Trubisky, Watson or Kizer, leaving Garrett available at 3, someone would be willing to sell the farm for our pick, but then we pass up on taking a generational talent. I am not sure that would be worth it.

In my mock in my sig I have us going Kizer - Melifonwu - Shaheen, but were we to go Kizer - Engram - Budda Baker, I would walk away just as happy.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sign Bucky Hodges Pace!

bucky-hodges.jpg

mammalspod

Liked Posts:
I would honestly love O.J. Howard at #3. He blocks really well, and is a matchup nightmare. He automatically draws a defensive big man out of the box on a play action, which is exactly what I see the Bears running this year a ton. If the defenses start calling decoy on him and line a safety on him, just throw a jumper. He would be red zone gold. I honestly think he has Jimmy Graham production potential, and will be way more effective in the run game than Graham ever was. He blocks speedy edge rushers well (see Alabama vs Tennessee tape). There is simply no better way to improve our offense with a great run blocking line and middling QB than with a stud like this. Throw the rest of the draft on defense and one OL guy. I would be pumped!

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I would honestly love O.J. Howard at #3. He blocks really well, and is a matchup nightmare. He automatically draws a defensive big man out of the box on a play action, which is exactly what I see the Bears running this year a ton. If the defenses start calling decoy on him and line a safety on him, just throw a jumper. He would be red zone gold. I honestly think he has Jimmy Graham production potential, and will be way more effective in the run game than Graham ever was. He blocks speedy edge rushers well (see Alabama vs Tennessee tape). There is simply no better way to improve our offense with a great run blocking line and middling QB than with a stud like this. Throw the rest of the draft on defense and one OL guy. I would be pumped!

I really like Howard, but with the TE talent in this draft if we take a TE at 3 I'm going to puke. And rip my dick off.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I would love E. Engram in the 2nd. Jordan Reed comps. Unbelievable speed-he is basically another WR that plays at the TE spot. With the loss of AJ, that would be huge. Some people dislike the Sims signing, but I think it was genius. An excellent in-line blocker who can help our T's chip edge rushers, who has good hands and who can maybe be a threat in the red zone. He coupled with E. Engram-who is more of a vertical threat-would be sweet. Our TE group would be set for years.