Drafting the QB of the future

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
This task should not fall upon Phil Emery to fulfill. If Emery wanted t draft a QB of the future he should have franchised Cutler and done it last year. Instead Emery proved he's a coward and decided to re-sign Cutler based on how many years Cutler has been a starter. He didn't extend Cutker because he's a good QB he didn't extend Cutler because he produces at a high level, he didn't extend Cutler because the Bears win. He extended Cutler because finding a long term starter is hard to do.

Since Emery is afraid to draft a QB of the future and instead he signed incompetence to a $57-million three year deal, he should be fired.

Admitting you're afraid to fail is admitting you don't have the chops to evaluate the most important position in the NFL. Emery's reason to justify the Cutler extension was it's hard to fop find and draft a long term starter.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
The Bears can draft a QB this year and make it work logistically/financially. From a cap perspective the Bears are only tied to Cutler through next season. After that they can release him and save 14 million dollars. Also factor that even a top ten pick now is subjected to the draft slotting system so they could sustain this rookie QB and Cutler's contract.

Now is there a QB worth drafting in the 1st for the Bears, that's out of scope of which i want to debate, just saying they could do it.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I told you we should draft Jimmy Garopollo in the 2nd round and you disagreed. Shame on you.

How things would be different. Now Belichek drafted him and it's such a great move. SMH.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I told you we should draft Jimmy Garopollo in the 2nd round and you disagreed. Shame on you.

How things would be different. Now Belichek drafted him and it's such a great move. SMH.

What's funny is that you could take that exact post, substitute Jimmy Garapollo for Ryan Mallett and someone posted the same thing a few years ago.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Hilarious post. 98% of this board said Cutler was the best QB In the NFL up until Sunday night's massacre. I said draft a QB next season and was laughed at.

RB_Bears

Liked Posts:
Winston, Mariota, Cook from MSU, and maybe even Bryce Petty (Baylor) or Taylor Kelly (ASU).

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Mannion from Oregon State isn't a bad choice either...

You named a lot of bums other than Winston unfortunately. And Winston is ticking time bomb.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Hilarious post. 98% of this board said Cutler was the best QB In the NFL up until Sunday night's massacre. I said draft a QB next season and was laughed at.

wat-meme-633882960.jpg

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
I don't watch a ton of Oregon football - but I think Mariota has a shot at being a good QB in this league. I think he's had a rough history against Stanford (besides this year) but he is a smart football player and seems to see the field and rarely makes those boneheaded decisions. That, and he's coupled with an ability to be an explosive playmaker.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I was hoping to find some interesting insights about QB prospects in this thread. Instead, I found another soliloquy about Cutler and the GM.

Change the channel, Marge.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

You got laughed at because you're an idiot who thought 98% of the board was saying Cutler was the best QB in the NFL.

SouthSida773

Liked Posts:
Lol oh how the tables have turned. People are finally seeing just how bad cutler really is.. That contract will haunt us for the next 3 years.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I agree that franchising Cutler is the decision Emery should have made.

Is Connor Cook coming out this year?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I was hoping to find some interesting insights about QB prospects in this thread. Instead, I found another soliloquy about Cutler and the GM.

Change the channel, Marge.

Let me save you some time this offseason. Winston is the only QB worth a darn in this draft and everyone knows he is a ticking time bomb off the field.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Let me save you some time this offseason. Winston is the only QB worth a darn in this draft and everyone knows he is a ticking time bomb off the field.

Seriously, have you watched Winston this year? His play doesn't look like an NFL caliber QB. He comes out and throws 3 picks, then has to dig himself out of holes to teams FSU is clearly better than. It won't fly in the NFL. That guy is Ryan Leaf in the making.