2nd Round, Pick 39: Kevin Johnson – Cornerback – Wake Forest

3rd Round, Pick 71: Cedric Ogbuehi – Offensive Tackle – Texas A&M

4th Round, Pick 107: Henry Anderson – Defensive End – Stanford

6th Round, Pick 183: James Sample – Strong Safety – Louisville

7th Round, Pick 222: Greg Mancz – Center – Toledo

UDFA: Thomas Rawls – Running Back – Central Michigan

UDFA: Rory Anderson – Tight End – South Carolina

Liked Posts:
I like the idea of taking a flier on Ogbuehi in the third if he's available and the first two rounds shake up the way you have it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like the idea of signing Rory

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
The closer we get to the draft I think it's less and less likely that Fowler or Ray will be there when we draft.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Awesome first 3 rounds!

"Inconceivable!"...... i do not think that word means what you think it means

Liked Posts:
I think that's a very good mock. IMO the first two picks are money. I believe that Kevin Johnson is the best 3-4 pure cover CB in this draft. IMO he'd be the perfect compliment to Fuller.

Henry Anderson is a very good 3-4 DE/DT. He can play headup, he can bend the edge, he can shoot the gap & pressure the pocket also. I really like the past few classes of defenders out of Stanford that were recruited & coached under Harbaugh, & his O.C. & current Stanford HC, David Shaw.

Find a way to get Running Back T.J. Yeldon into this & it would be near flawless.

Evobear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems a 3-4 nose tackle like Shelton would be a better choice unless he's off the board

Liked Posts:
Seems a 3-4 nose tackle like Shelton would be a better choice unless he's off the board

I don't know. I know Shelton has the poor mans Ngata thing at the moment, & he is a good DT, but he isn't going to be the next Hgata. The Bears need the LEO LB or there's no point in moving to a 3-4/Hybrid in the first place.

I would take Malcom Brown just as well as Shelton. IMO Malcom Brown is every bit the DT that Shelton is. Plus there are others that are high on big boards right now, but just like every year, the Nose Tackles start the offseason high on draft boards, but after the combine they end up dropping.

I would honestly rather have a first round pass rusher, & a Nose like Carl Davis in the second. The elite pass rushers will not be around long, where good Nose Tackles tend to hang around a bit longer.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know. I know Shelton has the poor mans Ngata thing at the moment, & he is a good DT, but he isn't going to be the next Hgata. The Bears need the LEO LB or there's no point in moving to a 3-4/Hybrid in the first place.

I would take Malcom Brown just as well as Shelton. IMO Malcom Brown is every bit the DT that Shelton is. Plus there are others that are high on big boards right now, but just like every year, the Nose Tackles start the offseason high on draft boards, but after the combine they end up dropping.

I would honestly rather have a first round pass rusher, & a Nose like Carl Davis in the second. The elite pass rushers will not be around long, where good Nose Tackles tend to hang around a bit longer.
But..but... We haave Shea.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Solid mock. I have Greg Mancz as a target in the 7th round also. I think I like Ray and Dupree better than Fowler, but the difference is almost negligible. And this weekend could sway my mind in any way with those 3 (I like all slightly better than Gregory). Johnson was the best CB I saw play this year (once Peters got kicked out of Washington). Anderson is a nice pick. I've heard a scout call him a top 20 pick. Prototype 5-technique though. If he's there in the 4th, that's a strong pick.

I don't really like Ogbuehi a ton, but that's because people were calling him a top 10 pick early in the year. I never thought of him that highly, but if he could be had in the 3rd (and I think it's realistic with the ton of OT talent in this draft), then he could be a steal. Day 1 RT starter, needs a lot of work to get there but could eventually move to LT.

Only thing, I'd like to have a better S and some WR speed. But can't complain about any of those picks.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
1st Round, Pick 7: Dante Fowler Jr. – Outside Linebacker – Florida

2nd Round, Pick 39: Kevin Johnson – Cornerback – Wake Forest

3rd Round, Pick 71: Cedric Ogbuehi – Offensive Tackle – Texas A&M

4th Round, Pick 107: Henry Anderson – Defensive End – Stanford

6th Round, Pick 183: James Sample – Strong Safety – Louisville

7th Round, Pick 222: Greg Mancz – Center – Toledo

UDFA: Thomas Rawls – Running Back – Central Michigan

UDFA: Rory Anderson – Tight End – South Carolina

I would be happy with this draft and the UDFA players.

Thomas Rawls had some very good games this past season and he was a workhorse. I like him.

If I remember correctly, Cedric Ogbuehi would have been ranked as a first round pick if he declared for the 2014 NFL draft. He would be a steal. Fowler and Johnson are good picks as well.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
Yes! I've been waiting all year for this! Thanks DPR.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
I would love to get Ogbuehi. He is gonna be good and his knee injury will make him available later. He has long arms and moves well. Should have been a first rounder.