Ducks @ Hawks

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did anyone else notice Bolland after he scored his 2nd goal? It looked like he faced the Chicago bench and put up his arms to say "you like that?" to Q in reference to the 3rd line being called out by Q at practice.

I could totally be reading it wrong, but regardless- I liked it. Good to see Bolland excited.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
scott-thumb-300x300-29288.jpg

"My belt tonight, bitches."

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Anyone notice Scott throw up his hands like "Is this serious?" when he got called out for 2nd star? LMAO

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone notice Scott throw up his hands like "Is this serious?" when he got called out for 2nd star? LMAO

Jesse Rodgers posted on twitter that Scott thought it was a joke when they told him.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
That play Leddy made one the Bolland goal was awesome

very Campbell-esque

Reactions: #19

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I played the Ducks tonight on NHL 10, and also won 4-1 :smug2:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
:yep:

agree

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
The might Hjallmarsson him though (although I don't think he is a UFA).

So, aside from I think being injured now - what ever happened to Cam Barker? (Rhetorical question).

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
they wont "Campbell" him :smug:

You know if you think about it, the Campbell contract was a loser team contract - and what I mean by that is - your basic vast overpayment to attract a guy there -- iirc too it was made during the prior ownership group of the team's time in charge -what I mean by that is not Dale Tallon this that or the other thing -but more along the lines of I don't know what the state of the salary cap was vis a vis the Hawks at the time Campbell was signed here - although knowing the way Pulford worked ... it would be plausible that the salary cap floor might have been a factor..

The Campbell contract is great for teams not at the floor -and for better or worse, that is what he sold himself to - teams near the floor when he signed it- he did a good job of picking out a team on the rise (although I don't recall if Kane was drafted at the time he came here or not ... in other words; Kane would have proved nothing at that point irregardless of if he was drafted by the team or not - so you couldn't really pick that the team was a championship threat as far out as to when he signed.

So in effect, I don't know that this is anti-Campbell or anti-anything - in that Campbell got lucky, he got a championship ring, and a big long term payday at the same time, all while not being a Norris Trophy candidate ever. The plain fact of the matter is, is that Brian Campbell is too one dimensional to ever have been in that sort of discussion (Norris Trophy candidate).

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know if you think about it, the Campbell contract was a loser team contract - and what I mean by that is - your basic vast overpayment to attract a guy there -- iirc too it was made during the prior ownership group of the team's time in charge -what I mean by that is not Dale Tallon this that or the other thing -but more along the lines of I don't know what the state of the salary cap was vis a vis the Hawks at the time Campbell was signed here - although knowing the way Pulford worked ... it would be plausible that the salary cap floor might have been a factor..

The Campbell contract is great for teams not at the floor -and for better or worse, that is what he sold himself to - teams near the floor when he signed it- he did a good job of picking out a team on the rise (although I don't recall if Kane was drafted at the time he came here or not ... in other words; Kane would have proved nothing at that point irregardless of if he was drafted by the team or not - so you couldn't really pick that the team was a championship threat as far out as to when he signed.

So in effect, I don't know that this is anti-Campbell or anti-anything - in that Campbell got lucky, he got a championship ring, and a big long term payday at the same time, all while not being a Norris Trophy candidate ever. The plain fact of the matter is, is that Brian Campbell is too one dimensional to ever have been in that sort of discussion (Norris Trophy candidate).

I agree that it was sort of a "loser team" contract, though I remember at the time there was talks that some teams actually offered him more. Seems crazy, doesn't it?

And as far as Kane goes- Kane was with the Hawks and he talked to Campbell in the off season and told him to come sign with Chicago.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:

Agree for the most part - Soupy did try to protect himself somewhat with that limited NTC.