DUKE Thread: ACC Championship (UVA)

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Murphy's a wildcart - I don't know hardly anything about him. I'd like to see someone else step up, tho. If it's him, awesome. If not, I think it'll be Hairston. I think Dawk is too small to play the 3. Hell, if him, Rivers and Curry are all out there, it'll look like 3 pgs -hahah

im not trying to downplay hairston's abilities...but i'd be very surprised if he starts..i dont think dawk's size is the main factor in why he won't start at the 3...remember gerald henderson and demarcus nelson have technically started at the 3 as well as jj redick and they were all easily dre's size or shorter...i dont think dre is mature enough especially on defense and i still think his handle needs a little work

not to say dre cant be a good 6th man...but ya i dont see him starting at the 3 unless he really shows that he is matured

my preferred lineup:
C-Miles
PF-Mason
SF-Murphy
SG-Rivers
PG-Curry

But i think it'll be

C-Mason
PF-Kelly
SF-Murphy
SG-Rivers
PG-Curry
Cook has knee issues so i doubt he'll be starting...k really likes murphy so he may start at SF...you absolutely cannot put rivers on the bench and i dont like putting curry on the bench either...Curry's pg skills are actually pretty good imo and i think he's still improving in that regard

I guess it could be thornton....but its tricky

Maybe a three guard lineup?(Curry,Rivers,Thornton?)

hard to say..definitely a really tricky team to figure out here...thats precisely why this team is going to the China/Dubai trip so they will have a little head start on shaping the team and assuming the leaders

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
im not trying to downplay hairston's abilities...but i'd be very surprised if he starts..i dont think dawk's size is the main factor in why he won't start at the 3...remember gerald henderson and demarcus nelson have technically started at the 3 as well as jj redick and they were all easily dre's size or shorter...i dont think dre is mature enough especially on defense and i still think his handle needs a little work

not to say dre cant be a good 6th man...but ya i dont see him starting at the 3 unless he really shows that he is matured

my preferred lineup:
C-Miles
PF-Mason
SF-Murphy
SG-Rivers
PG-Curry

But i think it'll be

C-Mason
PF-Kelly
SF-Murphy
SG-Rivers
PG-Curry
Cook has knee issues so i doubt he'll be starting...k really likes murphy so he may start at SF...you absolutely cannot put rivers on the bench and i dont like putting curry on the bench either...Curry's pg skills are actually pretty good imo and i think he's still improving in that regard

I guess it could be thornton....but its tricky

Maybe a three guard lineup?(Curry,Rivers,Thornton?)

hard to say..definitely a really tricky team to figure out here...thats precisely why this team is going to the China/Dubai trip so they will have a little head start on shaping the team and assuming the leaders

well, the best part about the team is we have a lot of different styles we could play on...but we'll have to choose one by the end of the no-co schedule (like that? I just made it up :smug2: ) just so we can refine it throughout the reg season.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well, the best part about the team is we have a lot of different styles we could play on...but we'll have to choose one by the end of the no-co schedule (like that? I just made it up :smug2: ) just so we can refine it throughout the reg season.

very true..we can run alot of lineups..tall,small,3 point shooting defense

i do like the no-co thing:smug:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Duke Blue Planet BLOG:Andre Dawkins

This off-season, I’ve been working on my whole game, especially developing moves off the dribble. A lot of my shots last year came off screens so I want score more around the basket and attack the rim. Coach Capel has talked to me a lot about that this summer. He wants me to dunk everything so when I am working out now he expects me to dunk when I get to the basket.

interesting:smug:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Duke Blue Planet BLOG:Andre Dawkins

interesting:smug:

Good. Perfect, actually. The one thing we're missing from the guys that are still here from last year is the guy that can break an ankle and throw down. Rivers can, but he'll have an adjustment period of sorts. I'd like to see Dawk become one of the guys that can make defenders look silly.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rln-ArJtSe4]‪Pro Am 7 13 11‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

some highlights from the pro am last night

sheed and felton are fat btw..and austin is really good...kelly looks to be doing good as well...

the camera guy apparently missed:
-A gbinije and 1 and a block by him
-Everything Curry did
-Some more Rivers dunks and layups

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Rivers looks sick...I must say

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
some info i got from scout that i think y'all will like

Apparently practices have been up and down...alot of effort but roles are still being defined..its a very underclassmen dominated team

Seth Curry will be handling the ball alot as well as Austin Rivers....apparently those two are comparable to the scheyer-smith backcourt a couple of years ago except taller and maybe even better outside shooting

Duke is also working with Mason to score inside and become a dominate post threat...apparently he is still not there in being a vocal leader...when he gets playing time he has the ability to get double doubles on a consistent basis

Apparently Rivers is probably the most explosive offensive player on the team(not a shock)...but the most important thing for Rivers is committing to defense which K said is a hard transition into college...but Rivers is definitely working hard and listening to K ...he is passionate about basketball and puts it out on the floor...although Rivers will have to realize that there's more to duke than basketball..and K is great at developing player's characters...part of the reason Doc wanted Rivers to go to duke

The steal of the class and hidden jem may be Gbinije...he's not flashy or dominant but he does everything well...great IQ...his skill set is comparable to many successful players...and we should expect that gbinije will continue that success

There have been some positive vibe about Marshall Plumlee...who has done well rebounding wise and defense..he still needs to put on some weight but he does have some good post moves

i think the most important and pleasantly surprising thing i heard was about Alex
Murphy..frankly i,myself, thought there was a possibility of redshirting him and that he would be buried in the depth chart...however, according to reports..many are raving about just how good Alex is...Apparently Murphy is an even better version of singler at the same point in their careers(mind you, singler was a top 5 prospect in one of the best HS classes ever:2007) he is like a "tougher" Dunleavy and he will start his career at the SF position unlike dunleavy and singler

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCGr6jN1TMQ]‪July Functions‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Kyrie:(
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-DJaFGmh_g]‪DevilHoops.com: Miles and Mason Plumlee Amare Stoudemire Skills Academy Mixtape‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

mason and miles mixtape

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
On that last Vid...Miles looks like he gets about 12 inches off the ground, but stays there for 5 seconds - haha

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Stuff from the pro AM tonight

"Seth Curry(@sdotcurry)on fire.Showing more off of the dribble than I've seen in a loong time and shooting the lights out"

"3 ball from wayyyyyyyyyy down town for Seth Curry! Gbinije to FT line, drains both. Alex muphy has matured in the last five months"

"Alex Murphy starting the game off right with 3 from wayyy outside the line..".

"Five Duke guys on the court. Gbinije, Seth Curry, Miles all have scored. Miles has 4 early. Gbinjije showing good spring on rebounds"

"Seth Curry 35 (6 3's), Austin Rivers 21, Michael Gbinije 28, Alex Murphy 19 and Miles Plumlee 18. #Duke fans follow"

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Stuff from the pro AM tonight

"Seth Curry(@sdotcurry)on fire.Showing more off of the dribble than I've seen in a loong time and shooting the lights out"

"3 ball from wayyyyyyyyyy down town for Seth Curry! Gbinije to FT line, drains both. Alex muphy has matured in the last five months"

"Alex Murphy starting the game off right with 3 from wayyy outside the line..".

"Five Duke guys on the court. Gbinije, Seth Curry, Miles all have scored. Miles has 4 early. Gbinjije showing good spring on rebounds"

"Seth Curry 35 (6 3's), Austin Rivers 21, Michael Gbinije 28, Alex Murphy 19 and Miles Plumlee 18. #Duke fans follow"

Since I'm a bit ignorant on what's going on....the ProAm does consist of more than just Duke players, right? B/c 121 points were scored between those 5 players, and that's

625356-bonkers_large.jpg

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Since I'm a bit ignorant on what's going on....the ProAm does consist of more than just Duke players, right? B/c 121 points were scored between those 5 players, and that's

625356-bonkers_large.jpg

yes its also some unc players..nba players...nc state players...and guys like john wall,other nc natives,etc.

its over a period of three days too(Tuesdays,Wednesdays,Thursdays for a couple of weeks)

there are like 4 different teams..maybe more idk

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yes its also some unc players..nba players...nc state players...and guys like john wall,other nc natives,etc.

its over a period of three days too(Tuesdays,Wednesdays,Thursdays for a couple of weeks)

there are like 4 different teams..maybe more idk

So what you're saying is...Duke could beat Miami Heat right now without really practicing.

#GoDuke.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So what you're saying is...Duke could beat Miami Heat right now without really practicing.

#GoDuke.

we dont choke in the 4th quarter since we dont have one:crazydance:

#winning

Reactions: X

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
in the other game dre has 32 points with 6 3s:buttrock:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
ballislife is awesome

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
a longer youtube vid of seth's 35 point performance last night:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJeIc0F2zPY]‪Seth Curry Drops 35 at NC Pro-Am‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
Something i stole from premo(yes im naughty):
"This may not belong here but I figured this was the best thread to put it in. I'm working a camp for a friend who is a Nike Skills Trainer/Director - he worked LeBron, Durant, Williams and Amare's skill academy this yr. He's also worked Kobe's as well in the past when he had it.

From the Durant Skill Academy:
I asked who stood out to him the most. He said Barnes because he is "polished & his shot is much improved - he does a lot of things really well'. I then asked how Rivers looked: he shook his head with a grin and said, "he's a pro right now"

I said if you had to pick between either of the 2 who would you take and without any hesitation he said Rivers b/c there are a ton of Harrison Barnes (in terms of skill set) but he said what Rivers is able to do right now offensively is "advanced". He believes that Rivers is capable of being just nasty in College."

also some more premium tidbits about the 2013 class with Matt Jones(top 25 guard) getting offered:
Scout.com: Offer Is Validating For Jones
"Julius(Randle #2 player in the class of 2013 big man) and I really talked about it after he offered. We can definitely see ourselves staying teammates for a while. When I talked to Coach K he said he was also recruiting Julius really hard. If it worked out, it would be great for sure, but we each have our own recruiting to go through."

"Right now I can definitely see myself going to Duke and playing there. I mean an offer from a place like that is a great thing. It proves that you can play with anyone and that your team can play with anyone."

duke is also looking at other players in the class of 2013 besides matt jones and Julius randle including jabari parker who is the #1 player in the 2013 class..his bro goes to U dub and he lives in chicago(K has a chicago connection) Jabari likes duke and duke is a favorite in his recruitment along with Washington and Illinois...many say jabari is the best player in the country(regardless of classs)

2012 class already has Rasheed Sulaimon signed up for duke(top 20 guard...great scorer and great defender as well)..duke is looking at rodney purvis(top 10 guard from raleigh although reports are saying that duke is cooling on purvis)...and many big men from Alex Polythress to Anthony Bennett,Jarnell Stokes,Tony Parker,Mitch McGary...not to mention SF Shabazz muhammad the #1 player in the class still lists duke although he is a rumored UCLA lean

if i had to guess i think duke gets McGary and Polythress to go along with Sulaimon..but things change quickly

Last edited:
Reactions: X