Dumbest Fan Base in Sports?

Nick80

Liked Posts:
It pains me to say this, but this forum is a collection of the better-informed Bears fans.

Against my better judgment, I read a few comments on articles posted by the Bears Facebook page announcing the hire of Matt Nagy.

It's the same rhetoric to be expected:

"Ownership is cheap.", "Should've got Gruden/Harbaugh/Belichick.", and so on.

Do these fans just not follow the team and goings-on happening around the league? I know the majority of this forum's members eat up any and all information regarding the Bears. Are casual fans really that misinformed?

Is the belief that big names are winners?

Will fans hate every decision the organization makes because of the recent history of failure?

I prefer to conduct a little research before spouting off a completely ill-informed and baseless assessment. Am I in the minority?

This was a risky hire...or was it? Focusing on offense in an offense-dominated league isn't all that crazy. Selecting a guy who specializes in the most important position on the field isn't that crazy.

I understand not everyone likes the hire for various reasons. Wanting Gruden instead isn't a valid reason.

AussieBear

shouldve gotten gruden or singletray.. maybe fisher as dc and hardballs as oc..

Mitchapalooza

It pains me to say this, but this forum is a collection of the better-informed Bears fans.

Against my better judgment, I read a few comments on articles posted by the Bears Facebook page announcing the hire of Matt Nagy.

It's the same rhetoric to be expected:

"Ownership is cheap.", "Should've got Gruden/Harbaugh/Belichick.", and so on.

Do these fans just not follow the team and goings-ons happening around the league? I know the majority of this forum's members eat up any and all information regarding the Bears. Are casual fans really that misinformed?

Is the belief that big names are winners?

Will fans hate every decision the organization makes because of the recent history of failure?

I prefer to conduct a little research before spouting off a completely ill-informed and baseless assessment. Am I in the minority?

This was a risky hire...or was it? Focusing on offense in an offense-dominated league isn't all that crazy. Selecting a guy who specializes in the most important position on the field isn't that crazy.

I understand not everyone likes the hire for various reasons. Wanting Gruden instead isn't a valid reason.
Yup. Facebook sports fans are borderline autistic. But that just might be Facebook people in general.

Reddit isn't as bad but they're mostly very casual fans.

Facebook is cancer.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Well there's that some from the mid 90s that said "the world is full of stupid people." Maybe the writer was onto something.

mecha

Liked Posts:
they're the same kind of people that still yammer about Jay Cutler.

I caught Jarrett Payton's post about Nagy and was like "yeah, not reading the comments on this one" and immediately came here.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
I only inquire because being associated with these people is a bit embarrassing. Is it just the Bears fan base or do sports in general attract the neanderthalic and ignorant?

Mitchapalooza

I only inquire because being associated with these people is a bit embarrassing. Is it just the Bears fan base or do sports in general attract the neanderthalic and ignorant?
I noticed it's most fan bases. I follow the Red Sox page because I'm a fan. Sox could be up 5 games in first and lose a close one and everyone wants to fire everyone and trade players.

Noticed it on other random pages too. I think it's just dumb sports fans wanting to be heard i dunno.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
In general. But to be fair, only Philly fans needed a jail for them in their own stadium...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I think it's the Bears fanbase specifically. I've posted on a few different forums and I noticed that informed, knowledgeable Bears fans are rare.

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
Football fans in general are stupid, since every guy to some extent is a football fan. This results in an enormous amount of casual fans compared to Baseball or Basketball.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have to agree with the original poster that this forum has the smartest of the smart bears fans in the entire bears fan-base and even though we sometimes may perhaps disagree or not see eye to eye in the end there are only maybe two or three actual posters here I would not consider to be literally my equal or slightly better intellectually and that says a lot in my opinion, it's good to be in a forum with the bears fans that are in the top 25 percent minimum in terms of intelligents, seriously.

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:
I think it is easy for people to say crap on the internet. Hating things is cool today I guess? As we have seen, big names don't mean a thing. Reid just got kicked out of the playoffs again, John Fox was a big name and hes clearly a lame duck coach. Negativity and being a Bears fan have gone hand in hand for the better part of the last few decades really, especially among casual fans. I was laughed at yesterday at the store for wearing my Bears jacket by a Walmart employee who felt the need to tell me.."But they suck SO bad.." as if this was news to me. I hope we had a good hire in Naggy. None of us know for sure, but I'm hopeful for the first time since 2010.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I think some people take it far to personal.
I don’t get paid if they win.
Don’t pay when they lose... thank god.
However I enjoy the games to the point of emotion at times.
It’s a great feeling when the team you’ve followed as a kid looks great.
Making the playoffs and knowing you could go the distance is a great feeling.
A feeling not had around Soldier Field in far to long.
I like hard core fans... just not the obnoxiously rude...
Most around here are alright... the troll or two but decent for the most part.
In the end we all want the same thing... that second Lombardi Trophy.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Listen to the type of fans that call into 670 the score...jesus h. christmas, so many people seem absolutely incapable of critical thought or coherent speech.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
Bears Facebook post comments are on another level of stupid. It's pretty fascinating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I love readying comments on Bears articles on FB. It's pure comedy. People are so fucking stupid.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I have to agree with the original poster that this forum has the smartest of the smart bears fans in the entire bears fan-base and even though we sometimes may perhaps disagree or not see eye to eye in the end there are only maybe two or three actual posters here I would not consider to be literally my equal or slightly better intellectually and that says a lot in my opinion, it's good to be in a forum with the bears fans that are in the top 25 percent minimum in terms of intelligents, seriously.

How is the homesteading coming along?