Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Our nation elected Donald Trump president. People are stupid in general.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
not true. Monsieur Tiurets and I were very vocal about in our displeasure. Knew he would suck.

As was I. IIRC, the Fox hire wasn't all that popular.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It pains me to say this, but this forum is a collection of the better-informed Bears fans.

Against my better judgment, I read a few comments on articles posted by the Bears Facebook page announcing the hire of Matt Nagy.

It's the same rhetoric to be expected:

"Ownership is cheap.", "Should've got Gruden/Harbaugh/Belichick.", and so on.

Do these fans just not follow the team and goings-on happening around the league? I know the majority of this forum's members eat up any and all information regarding the Bears. Are casual fans really that misinformed?

Is the belief that big names are winners?

Will fans hate every decision the organization makes because of the recent history of failure?

I prefer to conduct a little research before spouting off a completely ill-informed and baseless assessment. Am I in the minority?

This was a risky hire...or was it? Focusing on offense in an offense-dominated league isn't all that crazy. Selecting a guy who specializes in the most important position on the field isn't that crazy.

I understand not everyone likes the hire for various reasons. Wanting Gruden instead isn't a valid reason.
sorry dude, this forum is high on the list of making Bears fans look stupid. I rarely post on here anymore because to many clueless idiots.

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The CCS mentality:

"We didn't go out and draft/sign/hire MY guy. I'll fucking never ever ever ever EVER LET THIS GO! And how will you know? Because I'll bring it up every fucking chance I get."

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
The CCS mentality:

"We didn't go out and draft/sign/hire MY guy. I'll fucking never ever ever ever EVER LET THIS GO! And how will you know? Because I'll bring it up every fucking chance I get."

That explains all the Jimmy G threads.....

Visionman

Liked Posts:
There are knowledgeable fans here, but also a lot of bad ones and/or troll accounts. Its the best Bear MB I've found though...

emaugust

Sort of a big deal...
Liked Posts:
Chicago is not a smart football fanbase. Sometimes I compare our game threads to say, the Steelers game thread and uhhh... we don't compare well.

Easy for me to say, I am a total dummy!

:smoke::smoke::smoke::elephant::facepalm:<3v-:v-:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Facebook comments are a cesspool of utter stupidity, regardless of the topic. Truly the bottom shelf.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Chicago is not a smart football fanbase. Sometimes I compare our game threads to say, the Steelers game thread and uhhh... we don't compare well.

Easy for me to say, I am a total dummy!

:smoke::smoke::smoke::elephant::facepalm:<3v-:v-:

It doesn't help that the trollest of the trolls frequent those threads. It's why I rarely post in them.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Personally I think mostly fantasy football and a lil bit of Madden are to blame. I know the knee jerk response would be "yeah right" but the majority of people don't understand how many moving parts are involved in even the smallest of moves in the NFL. Then you factor in the playbook, chemistry between Millionaire jocks, and now social media, and you have a shitshow that even the best football minds and talent fail at. Where as in fantasy you just make your trade if the other party is interested. I've only experienced Football at the college level and it was a HUGE jump from the small high school I went to. I couldn't imagine the pressure of the NFL. So then you have Joe Schmo average fan on here just getting done simulating a season on Madden wondering why we don't just trade a second and Willie Young for Mack and Amari Cooper. We definitely have some unrealistic fans.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally I think mostly fantasy football and a lil bit of Madden are to blame. I know the knee jerk response would be "yeah right" but the majority of people don't understand how many moving parts are involved in even the smallest of moves in the NFL. Then you factor in the playbook, chemistry between Millionaire jocks, and now social media, and you have a shitshow that even the best football minds and talent fail at. Where as in fantasy you just make your trade if the other party is interested. I've only experienced Football at the college level and it was a HUGE jump from the small high school I went to. I couldn't imagine the pressure of the NFL. So then you have Joe Schmo average fan on here just getting done simulating a season on Madden wondering why we don't just trade a second and Willie Young for Mack and Amari Cooper. We definitely have some unrealistic fans.

I've seen plenty of morons here who think they could outdraft the GM or could do the job just as credibly. They open up Walter football and start making their selections and declare..."Look what I did! I should be a GM."