Duncan Keith

MaryChristine

None of them can hold Keith's jock. He's the best Hawks' D-man of all-time and it's not even close.

tumblr_inline_n5jf4qMefb1rbwt6j.gif

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the older fans are gunna put up a fight because they are all Magnuson, Pilote and Wilson marks. They were all good but they should just put Keiths toothless grinning face on the jersey at this point and get it over with.

I watched all of those guys and Duncan is the best blue line player they ever had. And it isn't close.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well greatest Hawks blueliner is a legit argument now. SRS.

Two Hawks D men have more Norris trophies.

Love Keith, but not ready to elevate him over Chelios just yet.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Two Hawks D men have more Norris trophies.

Love Keith, but not ready to elevate him over Chelios just yet.

Chelios as a Hawk and Chelios as a whole NHL career player are two different things.

Technically Bobby Orr was the greatest Hawks defensemen if you want to count the whole career.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Chelios as a Hawk and Chelios as a whole NHL career player are two different things.

Technically Bobby Orr was the greatest Hawks defensemen if you want to count the whole career.

What he said.

Chelios was here for about 8.5 years. He won a pair of Norris Trophies on his own and a conference title as a team. Keith has him matched on the Norris, far surpassed in team success, and he's already in his 10th season in Chicago.

Strictly in terms of their contributions to the Blackhawks, Keith > Chelios, and the gap is getting significantly wider each day.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
What he said.

Chelios was here for about 8.5 years. He won a pair of Norris Trophies on his own and a conference title as a team. Keith has him matched on the Norris, far surpassed in team success, and he's already in his 10th season in Chicago.

Strictly in terms of their contributions to the Blackhawks, Keith > Chelios, and the gap is getting significantly wider each day.

Good lord. Keith has been here for a decade already. Doesn't seem like that long.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Do you really think comparing Chelios' career as a Hawk and Orr's is even remotely comparable?

Orr played like ten minutes as a Hawk. Chelios played several years and won TWO Norris trophies as a Blackhawk.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you really think comparing Chelios' career as a Hawk and Orr's is even remotely comparable?

Orr played like ten minutes as a Hawk. Chelios played several years and won TWO Norris trophies as a Blackhawk.

How many Cups did he win with Chicago?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What he said.

Well, I would gladly take Duncan Keith on my team any day, as he is sensational. So it's certainly no slam on Keith - nothing of the kind.

But what started as a discussion of individual play now has team success factored in (for some unknown reason). Yes, I would gladly take the success of the Keith era over the results of the Chelios era. But that was not the discussion.

But when it comes to just the D men, I won't argue against Dunc. He is better offensively, and smart as hell. LOVE the way the guy plays, and he is an all time favorite.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
How many Cups did he win with Chicago?

In spite of your posts, i refuse to believe you can be this dumb.

We were talking of individual players, not team success.

I will go out on a limb and say this Hawks team wins the cup with Keith or Chelios.

I will also go out on a limb and guess you are too young (or too recently a Hawks fan) to have watched Chelios play.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

I will go out on a limb and say this Hawks team wins the cup with Keith or Chelios.

I will also go out on a limb and guess you are too young (or too recently a Hawks fan) to have watched Chelios play.

So, zero cups for Chelios with the Hawks then?

I rest my case.

And to answer your question... no I'm not a new fan. I've been watching hockey for 6 years.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I grew up watching Chelios, but not with an eye for hockey.

I'm really not sure you could put anybody in the history of the NHL to replace Keith and come out of that anaheim or predators series. He had so many big stops, so many minutes. You would be asking Chelios to carry the weight of the bench also, and play 32 minutes a game.

Can he do that?

Liked Posts:
Not only that but he was targeted. The Ducks knew the Hawks were 4 deep on the back end. It was clearly their strategy to bully and bludgeon him hoping he would wilt. But it didn't happen. He endured, and ultimately, prevailed. Unbelievable! It makes me think of the scene from Cinderella Man when Giamatti tells him he has to "beat this guy from the inside out, Jim. From the inside out!" But it was Keith who was the last man standing. I remembering it registering when he was beating guys to pucks even after 40 minutes.

TCD

Liked Posts:
If my Duncs thread gets locked i will haunt your dreams and wreck your wives next pregnancy.

We understood?

Good

Keith

TCD

Liked Posts:
Guess who added to his stats tonight?

+14 thats amazing

Tied for 4th in points at 19 only 2 behind TJ for 1st....amaaaaaaazing!!

17 Assists and will pass Perry at 18 for first very soon

This guy doesnt stop. Playoffs for the ages for a blueliner.