Dwyane Wade meets with the Bulls again tonight....

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Re:Dwyane Wade meets with the Bulls again tonight.

houheffna wrote:
I just read a tweet from Ocho Cinco that said "the homey" told him where he is going, and it may be revealed tomorrow.

Then he put "#6" behind it...I feel like a P.I. searching for clues...this is very exhaustive...

I'm sure that Lebron puts all his faith in Ocho Cinqo & confides in him all the time. Gimme a break. He doesn't know crap just like the rest of us. He's just wants to get his name in the news.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:

The more I've been going over this FA bonanza in my head, the more I'm starting to agree with Scoop Jackson that the Bulls FO should sign a 4 (Boozer, Bosh, or Lee; Boozer is my pick) & do everything in their power to get Melo in a trade. While the thought of Wade, LBJ, & Rose all on the same team sounds unbeatable, it does make the team fairly unbalanced. All 3 play the same style of ball. Melo doesn't require commanding the ball all the time to be successful. He's a great off the ball player & excellent post-up player, two things that neither Wade nor LBJ are. I'll still be happy with either of those two but Melo is by far the best fit next to Rose & an all-star 4.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:

Diddy1122 wrote:
The more I've been going over this FA bonanza in my head, the more I'm starting to agree with Scoop Jackson that the Bulls FO should sign a 4 (Boozer, Bosh, or Lee; Boozer is my pick) & do everything in their power to get Melo in a trade. While the thought of Wade, LBJ, & Rose all on the same team sounds unbeatable, it does make the team fairly unbalanced. All 3 play the same style of ball. Melo doesn't require commanding the ball all the time to be successful. He's a great off the ball player & excellent post-up player, two things that neither Wade nor LBJ are. I'll still be happy with either of those two but Melo is by far the best fit next to Rose & an all-star 4.

i'm on the other end of this.

sign lebron, then trade rose.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

I'm sure that Lebron puts all his faith in Ocho Cinqo & confides in him all the time. Gimme a break. He doesn't know crap just like the rest of us. He's just wants to get his name in the news.

Neither you or I know who Lebron confides in...

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

You don't walk away from Lebron under ANY circumstances...

Lebron can be the greatest ever....Carmelo doesn't have a shot at that. You make a player like Lebron fit and put pieces around him...he is only 25. I like Carmelo a lot, but he is not in Lebron's class...

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

I was thinking about that too.

Do you think it won't be the same because we'll never see this level of talent all FAs at once ever sgain? Or do you think that because the league will address this in the next CBA and possibly give the hometown team even more of an advantage to keep their own players?

I was thinking that the league would do that. I'm not sure how because the players will take a hit overall.

But on the other hand the league is getting tons of publicity and no games are being played.

The scales are balanced towards home teams anyway, doesn't need to tilt any further. I believe Bosh is doing something like a documentary though...we will see what happens with that...

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:

houheffna wrote:

Neither you or I know who Lebron confides in...

And you think he confides in that jackass? Please.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:

Diddy1122 wrote:

Scoop Jackson clearly doesn't understand the salary cap when he's saying we should bank our space for next year. Noah isn't going to re-sign for his rookie contract. Melo isn't going to FA next year anyway, that would be stupid with the new CBA hanging over his head, he'll want an extension fixed up. So we can rule out half his article. We need to go the trade route.

The problem is making it happen. We can get LeBron or Wade now, I don't think the Nuggets are going to make a decision on Melo for a while. Remember he has until the start of the season to sign the extension, so they'll give him plenty of time. Unless he turns around tomorrow and flat out says he's not going to sign we can't wait around for him.

Anyway I agree Melo is a better fit, but he's also much worse than LeBron, and that counts for a lot. If fit is a worry I'd get LeBron and shop Rose before getting Melo. Wade is closer since Melo clearly has the age/injury history edge as well as fit.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

And you think he confides in that jackass? Please.

I am more apt to believe that Lebron has his own opinions of others and might have a different opinion of Oocho Cinco then you do.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

Diddy1122 wrote:

I would be worried about that but all of them are very good passers. There will be a lot of back cuts and alley ops. All three have also had steadily improving outside shots. Espically since they take a lot of contested shot and will start getting open shots. I don't see a problem, MJ and Pip weren't great three point shooters. I would work on getting a shooter or two off the bench, like a kover and troy murphy.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

Kush77 wrote:
houheffna wrote:
If there was enough background info, accurate info...this would make an excellent documentary. I think free agency in basketball will never be the same.

I was thinking about that too.

Do you think it won't be the same because we'll never see this level of talent all FAs at once ever sgain? Or do you think that because the league will address this in the next CBA and possibly give the hometown team even more of an advantage to keep their own players?

I was thinking that the league would do that. I'm not sure how because the players will take a hit overall.

But on the other hand the league is getting tons of publicity and no games are being played.

How much more can they give them. Its free agency, not reup with your team agency. Players have to be able to move in it otherwise the system breaks down. I think the system is fine, it locked all these guys up with their original team for 7 years.