Economic Impact Of James On Chicago

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
Bob McDermott has seen the LeBron James effect firsthand: Crowds at Beer Bistro, his West Loop restaurant, more than doubled on the four occasions the NBA phenom played at the United Center last season.
"The Bulls landing LeBron would be a huge boon for business," Mr. McDermott says.
He's not the only one seeing dollar signs as the Bulls pursue Mr. James, arguably the most-coveted free agent in sports history. Broadcast execs are giddy over the prospect of ratings and ad sales leaping back to Michael Jordan-era levels. Apparel shops, ticket brokers and bar and restaurant owners say the 25-year-old megastar would spark a frenzy of spending by local high-rollers and out-of-town professionals. Tourism officials gush over the exposure Chicago would get from near-constant national telecasts.

The LeBron effect could add up to as much as $2.7 billion if he plays here for six years, estimates University of Illinois at Chicago economist John Skorburg. The catch: He'd have to take the Bulls on deep, annual playoff runs, sprinkling in at least a few NBA championships along the way.

Read more on Link

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
yeah it would really hit hard economic wise if LeBron leaves CLE.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
i know if he comes to chicago i would buy bulls stuff..

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd watch every game of the season if he ends up a Bull.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I would plan frequent trips to Chicago to watch live Bulls games. James needs to choose us.