Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The interior linemen are the ones getting sweat on, spit on, bled on, piled on and probably the highest risk of all players, and for the most part, they are probably the highest risk of players being huge men, far over suggested weight for height.

I am also pretty sure that someone is going to step up and bail the NFL out of monetary losses. Probably an act of congress to recoup the billions. If only they could stop the protestors to see if we can flatten the curve again.

What the hell are we going to do if we end up with a pandemic that has a 98% survival rate? We better start digging our bunkers now.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears will receive a salary cap credit of $7.85M for the 2020 season, as Eddie Goldman has a 2020 base salary of $4.75M and a 2020 roster bonus of $3M

Both are fully guaranteed and will toll to 2021 and remain fully guaranteed

Bears should have around $19M in 2020 cap space

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There are 8.1 billion reasons there will be a football season. And tons of hungry practice squad players chomping at the bit to get a chance in the league if someone opts out.

I know a few posters on here are pouncing on every shred of evidence they can contrive to prove their point, but there is just too much money involved and so many players willing to take the minimal health risk to make that much money.

Its going to happen folks. Don't worry. The league minimum is 510k. The risk is minimal to people in that age range.

Can't wait...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
With players only having until Monday to declare to opt out, we're going to be reading these all week. I hear 17 ppl with the Marlins now have covid...up four more since yesterday.

The NFL has already went ahead with the MLB model of continuing to play in all 32 stadiums with all the travel that goes with it. If they are going to change to the bubble route, they have to do it soon. I think a major overhaul of plans will delay the season even further.

And also, just think if you opted out based on the information you have now, and the NFL goes to a bubble plan later. Are you kinda pissed off you had to commit before the real plan was in place?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I have no issue with his decision, they have the right to opt out. It has to be a very tough decision. They have a short career to begin playing a game that they love. I'm sure part of them does not want to lose out on a season in a short career. They have to do what they feel is best for them an d their family.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Would be a good year to tank #TankForTrevor

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There’s not going to be a season anyways.
Care to make a wager?

Do you remember scab football?

There most definitely will be a season. As to what it looks like though is anybodies guess.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The NFL is interesting, because most athletes have almost a 0% chance of dying from Covid in other sports, because of their youth and physical condition, but we know those who are obese are much more likely to have serious complications if they get the virus. The NFL has a lot of fat guys. Surprised more offensive and defensive lineman aren't opting out.

Last edited:

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Wonder what "Snacks" is up to?!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Care to make a wager?

There most definitely will be a season. As to what it looks like though is anybodies guess.

I doubt it happens. A strike is different than what’s going on now. Replacement players isn’t really the same as a real season anyways, so that would be a matter of semantics. Either way, if players - replacement or otherwise - have to sit out and quarantine over a positive test, I don’t see how a season realistically happens. Would have to be a bubble scenario.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Care to make a wager?

I said it would look like the CFL or XFL without the cool rules, maybe they will listen to you.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The NFL is interesting, because most athletes have almost a 0% chance of dying from Covid in other sports, because of there youth and physical condition, but we know those who are obese are much more likely to have serious complications if they get the virus. The NFL has a lot of fat guys. Surprised more offensive and defensive lineman aren't opting out.

But those fat guys can still run 5 second 40 yard dashes. which means their lung capacity is really good and that is the one organ that you need strong so that Covid is just a flu. The people dying are the ones with preexisting conditions or lung disease or never diagnosed heart disease. I am pretty sure these athletes would not be in the NFL with either of those conditions.

Corey Crawford said after the first two days, it was mainly focused on making sure there was no damage to his heart or lungs.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Eddie Goldman Opts Out

Bears defensive tackle Eddie Goldman has informed the team he plans to opt out, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

The report indicates that Goldman has health concerns, which may mean he has a medical necessity and will receive a $350,000 stipend. Players who opt out without a medical necessity receive a $150,000 stipend. Goldman has a $4.75 million fully guaranteed base salary this season, which will now become his salary for next season. He’ll have to pay back the stipend next year.

A second-round draft pick in 2015, Goldman has emerged as one of the most important players on the Bears’ defense, and he’ll be missed in 2020.
He can't do this to us!