Eddie Jackson is already the greatEST Bears FS of all time

Washington

Liked Posts:
Fencik was the best without question. He was a ball hawk and a much better tackler than Jackson. We'll see what Jackson does over the years. He has to play a lot more years to even get in the equation.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;MRp3fDKHYJo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRp3fDKHYJo[/video]
/thread

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
If you're looking at Greatest Bears Safety All-time you can't ignore time... most in one season isn't handed GOAT, longevity is part of GOAT... but we can look at Average Per Season:

Most Int Per Season (Seasons Started):
Gary Fencik: 3.8/Yr (0.27/GS: 140 GS, 38 Ints)
Richie Petitbon: 3.7/Yr (0.28/GS: 132 GS, 37 Ints)
Eddie Jackson: 3.5/Yr (0.24/GS: 29 GS, 7 Ints)
Dave Duerson: 3.4/Yr
Rosey Taylor: 3.1/Yr
Mark Carrier: 2.8/Yr
Mike Brown: 1.8/Yr (0.17/GS)

Most Int in 1 Season:
Mark Carrier: 10 Int, 122 Tackles
Rosey Taylor: 9 Int
Richie Petitbon: 8 Int
Gary Fencik: 6 Int (two times)
Dave Duerson: 6 Int, 7 Sacks
Mike Brown: 5 Int, 67 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 2 TFL
Eddie Jackson: 5 Int, 44 Tackles, 1 Sack, 3 TFL

TDs Per Season:
Eddie Jackson: 2.5/Yr (3 Int, 2 FF) 0.17/GS
Mike Brown: 0.8/Yr (5 Int, 2 FF), 0.07/GS

Awards:
Gary Fencik: 3 All-pro, 1 2nd team All-pro, 2 Probowl
Richie Petitbon: 1 All-pro, 2 2nd team All-pro, 4 Probowl
Mark Carrier: 1 All-pro, 1 2nd Team All-pro, 3 Probowl
Mike Brown: 1 All-pro, 1 Probowl
Dave Duerson: 2 2nd Team All-pro, 4 Brobowl
Eddie Jackson: zero

Jackson has awhile to go yet for Bears Safety GOAT.

He is the best Punt Returner on the team. Jackson's only done a couple KO in college, but I'm sure he can do it. If teams ever start forcing Bears to return KOs, Bears just need to put Jackson back there and they'll stop.
Nice narrative you can't just inflat fenciks stats by saying oh in games he started he had these stats he played in 164 games with 38 Ints that comes out to .23 a game and he played for 12 years so that's 3.2 int a year.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Nice narrative you can't just inflat fenciks stats by saying oh in games he started he had these stats he played in 164 games with 38 Ints that comes out to .23 a game and he played for 12 years so that's 3.2 ing a year.
Of course you can, and you would.

When you comparing what a Safety did per game and per season (especially Ints), why the hell would you count how many games they were in when you can do Games Started as Safety?

Their rookie years they could be playing Special Teams and not even on the field as a Safety -- how many interceptions do they have a shot at? Before they become starters they may have a hand full of snaps during a game, and you think that's equal to playing every snap as a starter? All you're doing is skewing against players who began as backups to good starters. Games Started is apples to apples.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Of course you can, and you would.

When you comparing what a Safety did per game and per season (especially Ints), why the hell would you count how many games they were in when you can do Games Started as the Safety?

Their rookie years they could be playing Special Teams and not even on the field as a Safety -- how many interceptions do they have a shot at? Before they become starters they may have a hand full of snaps during at game, and you think that's equal to playing every snap as a starter? All you're doing is skewing against players who began as backups to good starters. Games Started is apples to apples.
I wont be entertaining this ridiculous post.

ChadKelly

Liked Posts:
Nice narrative you can't just inflat fenciks stats by saying oh in games he started he had these stats he played in 164 games with 38 Ints that comes out to .23 a game and he played for 12 years so that's 3.2 int a year.

of course gary would cherry pick. we get it john, you were good at football. Dont hate on the guy who will make your memory completely obsolete. The meatballs already started that with that overrated Mike Brown guy. Jackson is just better than you and brown. Hes first ballot HOF material.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
OP assertion is crazy, premature and rash.

But ultimately it cannot be argued.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yes, I heard of him. He played SS opposite three time 1st team and 1 time 2nd team All-Pro FS Gary Fencik. Eddie Jackson is a FS.

Fencik was more of FS when he was paired with Bell. He and Double D both played coverage and in the box. That’s why the defense improved when Bell held out in ‘85 because Duerson was more versatile.

ChadKelly

Liked Posts:
get well eddie. you shouldve been the dog you are and taken it to the house, instead of trying to be THAT kneel down team guy. you will learn that its okay to be the goat.

let us update that per yr avg.

Eddie jackson 4 yr
Richie petitbon: 3.4/yr
Gary fencik: 3.1/yr
Mark carrier: 2.9/yr
Rosey taylor: 2.4/yr
Mike brown: 2.0/yr
Dave duerson: 1.8/yr

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
get well eddie. you shouldve been the dog you are and taken it to the house, instead of trying to be THAT kneel down team guy. you will learn that its okay to be the goat.

let us update that per yr avg.

Eddie jackson 4 yr
Richie petitbon: 3.4/yr
Gary fencik: 3.1/yr
Mark carrier: 2.9/yr
Rosey taylor: 2.4/yr
Mike brown: 2.0/yr
Dave duerson: 1.8/yr

I blame Prince and i call out his shitty play vs the packers too !!

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I missed most of the game but the few times I saw Prince give up a catch he was draped all over the receiver in great coverage. I don't know what you're expecting out of him. He can't win everything.

ChadKelly

Liked Posts:
I blame Prince and i call out his shitty play vs the packers too !!

Yeah eddie was mad when prince took that knee. Im sure nagy emphasized how 'SMART' it was after the game. SO, Eddie being a team guy trys it too and gets injured. Pre-Rams beat down eddie, takes it to the house.

I blame this sprain on Prince and Nagy.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I missed most of the game but the few times I saw Prince give up a catch he was draped all over the receiver in great coverage. I don't know what you're expecting out of him. He can't win everything.
Yeah, I'm not sure if he faced the same receiver every time, but against Adams, Prince is facing a superior opponent and needs assistance. Glad Rogers was off plenty today. But considering the receivers Prince put out a solid effort.

Great job by Jackson today! Solid coverage, missed a tackle, but racked up another interception at a critical point!