My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
  3. Texas Longhorns
I wish he'd put as much effort into trying to tackle or hit somebody as he does into running full blast to the end zone to celebrate a turnover and pose!!!What a piece of crap!!!!
Its not just him either, alot of the players is not giving full effort.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
They really do have some big coaching problems on both sides of the ball. The offensive side is incompetent. The defensive side is undisciplined. The loafing on defense when a receiver near them had the ball was honestly enough to make me say that I don't care who they get rid of or let walk. Blow it up.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Hicks is old. Attrition in the NFL trenches. Oldest defense in the nfl

They really do need wholesale changes that fans probably won't like.

ARob is one you could probably keep, because of his age (although I do think they're going to let him walk).

But any other big name should probably be shed over the next year or two to get younger and lower that cap spending.

Hicks will be 33 next year. That's a $12 million cap hit.

Mack will be 30 before the first game of the season. That's a $26.6 million cap hit. (I'm not truly thinking they're getting rid of Mack, but just illustrating where all the money's going.)

Goldman is probably young enough to keep around for the next push into relevancy, and he's only a $7.8 million cap hit.

Fuller's in that weird in-between spot. He'll be 29 before the season starts, but is he really worth the $20 million cap hit.? And he'll probably be too old by the time the Bears are relevant again. He finished the last 7 games of the season without a pass def'd, and had only one interception in 2020---The first game of the season.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Maybe Eddie thought that his performance should be in line with his current cap hit of only $3.7. Maybe he’ll step up big next year when it jumps to $11.5. And a few mill higher that.
Another terrible Pace contract to live with for years to come.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Dude is basically Mark Carrier. Had a fluke great season and didn’t do shit afterwards.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Defense will be better next season with Goldman and a healthy Johnson and nickleback. Jackson is going nowhere with that contract we just have to hope he gets back to form.

Maybe some later round picks to help the D-line depth.

It was a decent showing yesterday by the defense especially considering the injuries.Getting Goldman back is really going help the run game.

I wouldn't count the defense out next season at all.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Gipson turned out to be a great signing, but I'm not giving up on Eddie Jackson just yet.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Defense will be better next season with Goldman and a healthy Johnson and nickleback. Jackson is going nowhere with that contract we just have to hope he gets back to form.

Maybe some later round picks to help the D-line depth.

It was a decent showing yesterday by the defense especially considering the injuries.Getting Goldman back is really going help the run game.

I wouldn't count the defense out next season at all.
I would, if Pagano’s back.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I would, if Pagano’s back.

Once again, pagano isn't the one playing like shit out there.

We have a major problem with talent. The new DC isn't going to fix quinn and eddie jackson sucking.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Quinn sucking is directly related to his foot. Heal the foot, and he'll be fine.