Eddie O offered the Canes head coaching job

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Well just look at it this way, if he takes the Canes job he can still announce in the playoffs. </p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
The important question is if he would actually be a good coach or not. I think he actually would be but the Canes are a very tricky team for any coach to undertake right now.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="229323" data-time="1399937665">
<div>

The important question is if he would actually be a good coach or not. I think he actually would be but the Canes are a very tricky team for any coach to undertake right now.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

But but but.... Jeff Skinner...</p>

</p>

.... and Zac Dalpe.... oh wait whoops they ship off their good prospects like the Hawks do.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
But what about all those young hockey players out there? Where will they get all their false information from? </p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
There are a lot of pretty capable head coaches available. Why would a team hire a guy who hasn't been behind any sort of bench in forever?</p>

</p>

Sounds like McNeill and Edzo were just working together to get his name floating in the pool of candidates for any job that's out there.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="229418" data-time="1399990045">

There are a lot of pretty capable head coaches available. Why would a team hire a guy who hasn't been behind any sort of bench in forever?

Sounds like McNeill and Edzo were just working together to get his name floating in the pool of candidates for any job that's out there.</p></blockquote>

Happens quite a bit.

Melrose in Tampa is a perfect of example (though the end result was a disaster).

I think Eddy could be a good coach. He's watched plenty of new NHL games and has analyzed them. He knows how the game is played nowadays. It's not like he's been fishing the past 10 years and not given a shit about hockey.

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="229422" data-time="1399990624">
<div>

Happens quite a bit.

Melrose in Tampa is a perfect of example (though the end result was a disaster).

I think Eddy could be a good coach. He's watched plenty of new NHL games and has analyzed them. He knows how the game is played nowadays. It's not like he's been fishing the past 10 years and not given a shit about hockey.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Phil Esposito in NY was another booth-to-bench disaster, albeit a while ago.</p>

</p>

Olczyk also hasn't been running practices or sitting in clubhouses.</p>

</p>

I actually think he'd be great in a role with Team USA's development program rather than being an NHL head coach.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="229413" data-time="1399986315">
<div>

Eddie knows his shit, but the biggest question can he manage a team?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

He wasn't doing too bad with the way too young and way too old Pens in his brief tenure there.  Syd probably did not like him because he would call him a young hockey player and wanted to be a big boi.</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jakobeast" data-cid="229319" data-time="1399933740">

I don't mind him so much on the national broadcast.
</p></blockquote>
You take that back, you take that back right now!!!

cplmac

Liked Posts:
Looks like that Pittsburgh job might be opening back up for no check.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="229438" data-time="1399996811">

Phil Esposito in NY was another booth-to-bench disaster, albeit a while ago.

Olczyk also hasn't been running practices or sitting in clubhouses.

I actually think he'd be great in a role with Team USA's development program rather than being an NHL head coach.</p></blockquote>

He did run a few USA teams a few years back. Probably makes more $$$ doing broadcasts...

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="cplmac" data-cid="229478" data-time="1400021941">
<div>

You take that back, you take that back right now!!!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

He is better there then n the Hawks bradcast. Doc keeps him in line.</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
He would be better in a wood chipper...

Oh and Pittsburgh just announced they fired their gm but they are keeping their coaching staff pending the new gm when they hire one.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Maybe the Pens hire Pierre McUseless as GM and Eddie "for all you youngsters" Olczyk as Head Coach.</p>

</p>

Happiness ensues.</p>

</p>

f07c3ecce8bd8926313f0cfd170540a9.jpeg
</p>

</p>

<span style="font-size:10px;">I can't believe I spelled Olczyk correctly before I googled it.</span></p>

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="229950" data-time="1400281543">
<div>

YhOvENf.gif
</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Handzus giving free rides.</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXueEOFqq4U</p>