Eddy Curry for Noah/Tyrus - Trade Review

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
I would actually take Tyrus over Curry. Noah...not even a question. Isiah Thomas should be shot. Does anyone realize he also traded away their #1 this year to Utah!?

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
yeah. he's been one of the worst gms out there. hiring d'antoni was a good move by the knicks. firing isiah was an even better one. If he can trade curry's contract, walsh should be given gm of the year.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
My only regret with the Eddy Curry trade is that we didn't trade him before the heart issue and get even more for him.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
My only regret with the Eddy Curry trade is that we didn't trade him before the heart issue and get even more for him.

I don't know that you could have really gotten more for him. I don't think you could really get more. It turned out to be Curry and Wilson Chandler for Noah and TT. Up until last season, I would have said the knicks won the deal.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Shakes wrote:

I don't know that you could have really gotten more for him. I don't think you could really get more. It turned out to be Curry and Wilson Chandler for Noah and TT. Up until last season, I would have said the knicks won the deal.

Maybe we couldn't have gotten more (nobody outbids IT), but still I wanted to trade him before the heart thing came up. It always amazed me people could rag on BG for being a selfish, turnover prone ball hog when he was a rookie playing beside someone far worse!

As for the trade at the time, I guess it depends how you view(ed) Eddy Curry. If you thought he was a net negative at the contract price then whatever we got was essentially Free Money (tm). Getting a steal like Noah at #9 is just gravy.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Shakes wrote:

Maybe we couldn't have gotten more (nobody outbids IT), but still I wanted to trade him before the heart thing came up. It always amazed me people could rag on BG for being a selfish, turnover prone ball hog when he was a rookie playing beside someone far worse!

As for the trade at the time, I guess it depends how you view(ed) Eddy Curry. If you thought he was a net negative at the contract price then whatever we got was essentially Free Money (tm). Getting a steal like Noah at #9 is just gravy.

I really don't think we could have gotten more even before. Two good lotto picks is a lot. Maybe if we packed him as part of a deal for a star but that would have had to happen by his second or maybe third year when he still had potential.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think we got what we could from that situation. I like what we have in Noah, that alone justifies the trade. For Noah to play like this continuously is sick. He looks like a premiere rebounder. I was expecting Anderson Varajao when they drafted him. This guy looks like an allstar...at the center position!

How many of those has this franchise had? Gotta give Pax the nod for this

engies

Liked Posts:
While I love Paxson, he was very lucky to get someone as stupid as Isiah (great player, decent coach, world worst GM) to fleece. He did him on the Jamal Crawford trade and then this trade

And while some would argue the choice for Thomas over Alridge, Roy, Gay etc etc was bad, I think having Noah and Thomas in exchange for Curry was still great value. If Thomas comes back and gets it together it will be even better, but lets say we assume Tyrus continues his inconsistancy and leaves at the end of the season, we got Noah, who looks like he's going to be one of the best rebounding and shot blocking big men in the league and possibly an all star at his position

Curry in the mean time had one good season when Isiah tried to make him the focus point of there offense to try and justify the trade, and has until recently become even more overweight and unable to play (though seeing the video of him since he lost the weight is inspiring and I hope he does well, just not against us :D )

Easily we won the trade. No Knick fan could argue any other conclusion