Eddy Curry Watch - Below 300 Pounds!

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
The Knicks are attempting to stage another comeback for Eddy Curry, who is now reportedly down to 305 pounds.

"He's been working unbelievably hard," Mike D'Antoni said. "He's going on a pace that's murderous. He feels more comfortable with us than being with you guys (the media)."

Donnie Walsh isn't sure if Curry's comeback is legitimate just yet.

"I'm not certain," Walsh said. "That's the whole idea. We have done everything we can to get him to a point where he can do that. But until he does it, I'm not certain."

The Knicks have four days off following Friday's game against Golden State, after which they hope Curry will be able to play.

Note: On Tuesday, Alan Hahn of Newsday reported via Twitter that he has heard that Curry is now under 300 pounds.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/62678/20091110/curry_almost_ready_for_another_comeback/

I want to see Eddy Curry come back and become an allstar. I think it would just be hilarious to see Eddy Curry just blow up after all this. I think the Knicks are going to try to make him some core piece too when he comes back, as he will be one of the players on the roster next year.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
The Knicks are attempting to stage another comeback for Eddy Curry, who is now reportedly down to 305 pounds.

"He's been working unbelievably hard," Mike D'Antoni said. "He's going on a pace that's murderous. He feels more comfortable with us than being with you guys (the media)."

"I'm not certain," Walsh said. "That's the whole idea. We have done everything we can to get him to a point where he can do that. But until he does it, I'm not certain."

The Knicks have four days off following Friday's game against Golden State, after which they hope Curry will be able to play.

Note: On Tuesday, Alan Hahn of Newsday reported via Twitter that he has heard that Curry is now under 300 pounds.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/62678/20091110/curry_almost_ready_for_another_comeback/

I want to see Eddy Curry come back and become an allstar. I think it would just be hilarious to see Eddy Curry just blow up after all this. I think the Knicks are going to try to make him some core piece too when he comes back, as he will be one of the players on the roster next year.

He really wasn't bad for them till he disappeared. If they could get back 06-07 curry back, he would be a real asset.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

He really wasn't bad for them till he disappeared. If they could get back 06-07 curry back, he would be a real asset.

I think if Curry is in decent shape, and doesn't have any long lasting physical debilitations form his bout with obesity, that he should be able to play pretty well under Mike D'Antoni, as he will only really be expected to play offense. He's scored the ball very efficiently every year he's been in New York, so he clearly has the potential to be a valuable contributor to a team...especially a team that only cares about offense.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Curry isn't, and has never been, a very efficient offensive player. He's an efficient scorer, but his horrible turnover rate undoes all the good. However it might still be a win for them if it means Lee can go back to playing PF.

The real benefit to the Knicks if Curry is able to play is the possibility to trade him for an expiring.

cool007

Liked Posts:
Yeah, but he can be 200 pounds, 250 pounds or whatever it doesn't matter.

That wasn't the only problem. He just never had passion for Basketball and there is no love. He only plays for money and this is no different as he is looking for a new contract.

He will probably come back and help win extra couple of games to Knicks but both Curry and Knicks will suck either way.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
cool007 wrote:
Yeah, but he can be 200 pounds, 250 pounds or whatever it doesn't matter.

That wasn't the only problem. He just never had passion for Basketball and there is no love. He only plays for money and this is no different as he is looking for a new contract.

He will probably come back and help win extra couple of games to Knicks but both Curry and Knicks will suck either way.

Regardless of passion, he still has a skill set and size that is rare in this league. Furthermore, I don't think its all about money as you are stating, his best year as a pro was after his first year on a new deal. Nothing really to prove, he got paid and was already there for a year.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
they're not getting rid of his contract without loosing another asset. Like brad miller/salmons, if they package the contract with either chandler or galanari's contract, they might have something.

that..or they could get back a dalembert like contract.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
For the next few months we're going to be in the "good press" phase of Curry's career with the Knicks. The only thing the Knicks want is for some dumb Gm to bite and take his deal off their hands. I have a funny feeling they might succeed.

fola

Liked Posts:
As someone who played with him growing up, I really wish him luck.

But, i may have to agree with Jimmy.... we'll see.

engies

Liked Posts:
Maybe Eddy's finally matured. I hope he does well it would be a good come back story, inspriational