Ellsbury to Yanks

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
While Epstein searches for the next Felix Pie, the Yanks just reload. What a joke.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
While Epstein searches for the next Felix Pie, the Yanks just reload. What a joke.

With the inking of McCann, Ellsbury, Jeter for one more year, and the ongoing talks for Cano, I am hoping that Rickett's will put his "big boy" pants on and the Cubs will lay it all out for Tanaka if he indeed is posted.

Rickett's said Tanaka was his number one priority. Well, now is the chance to walk the walk.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
We will not sign tanaka. They are estimating the posting at 100 mill. Rcketts back out at 10

Nope, it will be a set number now. And Tanaka will pick his team of the ones who posted the max bet.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Overpay big time. Ellsbury will come back to bit them in their ass. Not worth that money and can't even stay in the field. The Yanks just got Boras'ed.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Nope, it will be a set number now. And Tanaka will pick his team of the ones who posted the max bet.

Right now the system hasn't changed yet, through all the speculation.

So Tanaka wont be picking shit. His NPB team picks.

Yanks are ready to shell out 80 mil. Jesse Rogers on espnchicago said don't expect the cubs to go past 40.

Didn't even mention the Dodgers and Mariners.

After the Mariners owner died a month ago his heirs are trying to up the value so they sell high. Hence the Cano links......

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

Yanks are ready to shell out 80 mil. Jesse Rogers on espnchicago said don't expect the cubs to go past 40.

After the Mariners owner died a month ago his heirs are trying to up the value so they sell high. Hence the Cano links......

Doesn't sound to me that Rickett's is wanting be the Boston Red Sox of the NL Central, and Tanaka being his number one priority this off-season with a ridiculous bid like that.

But hey, it ought to appease a few fans that the Cubs gave it their 100% effort to sign him. :clap:

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:

The NPB teams said a max cap is fine. Now the NPB and MLB have to fine out what the top cap will be. I think it'll be 40-60, 80 is too high and won't be max bet.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

Honestly I don't blame the cubs. Darvish whom many consider better posted at $51.7 mil. I have also read some reports where people prefer Tanaka to Darvish. And I also acknowledge the cubs are in a situation that overpaying some makes sense. So, if they went in the $50-55 mil range fine. But $80 mil? If the Yanks pay that then let them have him.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Honestly I don't blame the cubs. Darvish whom many consider better posted at $51.7 mil. I have also read some reports where people prefer Tanaka to Darvish. And I also acknowledge the cubs are in a situation that overpaying some makes sense. So, if they went in the $50-55 mil range fine. But $80 mil? If the Yanks pay that then let them have him.

That means the cubs wont get the pitcher we all want. Another indication of the team's "priority."

(FYI, because some cubs fans are dumb---clearly the cubs priority isn't trying to win)

You have to pony up for talent. The cubs likely half-assed attempt isn't fooling anyone.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Overpay big time. Ellsbury will come back to bit them in their ass. Not worth that money and can't even stay in the field. The Yanks just got Boras'ed.

Meanwhile in the past two decades the Yankees have won how many championships and we've won how many exactly?

The Yankees make the playoffs fairly consistently and often times have a shot at the WS. We almost never make the playoffs and never have a shot at the WS. Thanks to the Death Sentence that Theo has delivered to our franchise, we are the new Pittsburgh Pirates. Yay!

Out of all the teams in the majors, we're the worse positioned of them all. No major league talent (literally none), hardly any pitching prospects coming up in the system, and the most over-hyped minor league system in the history of baseball.

Anyone who thinks Soler is going to be a good major league baseball player will be sorely disappointed. He's got bust written all over him. I'm highly skeptical of Almora, too.

In two years we'll have two good players hitting in the majors (Bryant and Baez) and we'll still lose 80-90 games with a POS pitching staff. Laugh at the Yankees at you want but we'll lose 90-100 games next year and 80-90 the following two. Book it.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
That means the cubs wont get the pitcher we all want. Another indication of the team's "priority."

(FYI, because some cubs fans are dumb---clearly the cubs priority isn't trying to win)

You have to pony up for talent. The cubs likely half-assed attempt isn't fooling anyone.

It's $30 million dollars difference. And after that you still have to sign him to a contract. If Darvish again is a guide you're paying $10 mil a year over around 5 years. At that point you're paying Tanaka $120 mil for 5 years in essence. That's simply absurd for an unproven starter. Grienke got 6 years $147 last year as a proven MLB player. Anibal Sanchez got 5 years $80 mil. So yeah fuck paying $80 mil posting fee.

patg006

Liked Posts:
It's $30 million dollars difference. And after that you still have to sign him to a contract. If Darvish again is a guide you're paying $10 mil a year over around 5 years. At that point you're paying Tanaka $120 mil for 5 years in essence. That's simply absurd for an unproven starter. Grienke got 6 years $147 last year as a proven MLB player. Anibal Sanchez got 5 years $80 mil. So yeah fuck paying $80 mil posting fee.

If you want young, foreign talent, you pay for it in this league. That's how it works. If you dont want to pay, you don't get the player.

24 year old excellent potential pitchers dont just hit free agency, you gotta wait till they're 30.

So you want talent, but don't want to pay for it. That's the difference between winning and losing franchises.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter. The Yanks will go big. If they do change the posting, Tanaka probably wont come here considering the team sucks balls and he can get just as much or more money elsewhere. You play like a mid market. You don't win these kind of players.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If there becomes a posting fee cap, it's going to crush all but the best teams. Why would anyone choose the Cubs, White Sox, Twins, Astros, Mariners when you can choose the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox? If the money is the same, there is no way a player says yep, but me on a loser.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
What do you guys expect? The Cubs have new ownership finally, and a complete new management. They are coming into year 3 of a 4 year complete rebuild. They are finally rebuilding the proper way. It's obvious that they have not been interested in putting the best team on the field because they've been trading their best assets to build the farm system.

The farm system is now considered to be one of the best by a lot of baseball people. Rickett's is finally updating Wrigley, which was way overdo, especially after you see a new stadium like Miller Park. He's doing this out of his own pocket because all the leaches just want profits and no costs.

Our new management also has a recent tenure in Boston which worked rather well. So for the life of me, I don't understand all the bitching about the Cubs not winning in year 3 of their well publicized 4 year rebuild!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If there becomes a posting fee cap, it's going to crush all but the best teams. Why would anyone choose the Cubs, White Sox, Twins, Astros, Mariners when you can choose the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox? If the money is the same, there is no way a player says yep, but me on a loser.

It could come down to per year that teams offer him still as in any negotiation. The cap is just pay out to the team. But he could still take the highest contract offered of the posting teams.

It is up to him on what motivates him. Winning or payday. Seeing how compettive he is I would expect he would want to go to a team that is proven vs in transition.

I do not expect him to choose a suck ball team in general.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
On Jacoby and the comments about Ricketts vs the Yanks.

The Yanks are in a class of their own when it comes to revenue generation and net worth.

http://www.forbes.com/mlb-valuations/list/

1: Yanks: value 2.3 Bill debt/value%: 2 Revenue: 471 Mil per. operating income: 1.4 mil
4: Cubs value 1 mil debt/value% 58% (ya in the red) Revenue 274 mil operating income 32.1 mil

Lets take a look at this:

Yanks operating income: 1.4 mil Cubs 32.1 mil

Debt/value of the team: Yanks 2% Cubs 58% That is not small potatoes. Yanks are basically paid off Cubs are over have the value in debt.

Revenue generation. Yanks 471 mil per year. Cubs 274 mil. So the Yanks generate 200 mil more than the Cubs. That is like taking the Cubs and stroes together to get that number with less overhead.

I wouldn't compare the Yanks to anyone. They are in a league of their own.