Elway a genius for firing Fox?

mecha

Liked Posts:
Denver is about to get murdered in the Super Bowl. The AFC sucks.

I said this months ago, but everyone kept acting like it was 2006 still. records only tell half of the story. the Bengals had a tremendous record, were they going to actually win a playoff game? who gives a shit about the regular season. 2011 Giants won a super bowl with a 9-7 record, 9-7 by CCS standards is a rotten piece of shit.

their defense was strong 2 years ago too. the whole team was really hinging on which Peyton Manning showed up. if you want reasons to shit on Fox, his starting quarterback not being physically able to play the game like he should shouldn't be one of them, cause that was the only reason they lost the super bowl.

and why wouldn't Fox have the balls to get Wade Phillips? I thought everyone was saying that Fox commands only the best coordinators. you can't have your cake and eat it too with the argument, you have to pick a side.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said this months ago, but everyone kept acting like it was 2006 still. records only tell half of the story. the Bengals had a tremendous record, were they going to actually win a playoff game? who gives a shit about the regular season. 2011 Giants won a super bowl with a 9-7 record, 9-7 by CCS standards is a rotten piece of shit.

their defense was strong 2 years ago too. the whole team was really hinging on which Peyton Manning showed up. if you want reasons to shit on Fox, his starting quarterback not being physically able to play the game like he should shouldn't be one of them, cause that was the only reason they lost the super bowl.

and why wouldn't Fox have the balls to get Wade Phillips? I thought everyone was saying that Fox commands only the best coordinators. you can't have your cake and eat it too with the argument, you have to pick a side.

And the reason Fox was let go is because he was ready to move on from Manning. He knew he needed another QB to win it all.

mecha

Liked Posts:
And the reason Fox was let go is because he was ready to move on from Manning. He knew he needed another QB to win it all.

case in point: John Elway's a genius.

he also thought Tim Tebow was legit, I guess.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Broncos defense was not strong 2 years ago. They had the #1 offense and #19 defense. All their other ranks in D were in the late teens or 20's.

The exact opposite is true this year. They are #1 in defense and #16 in offense with all their offensive ranks in the late teens or 20's. I expect similar results though except maybe Carolina doesn't win 43-8..(or maybe they do).

The rest of what you said pretty much rings true.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Isn't it fair to say Fox and his staff built that defense, and kubiak is reaping the rewards? Wade Phillips is a great d.c. but that team has talent everywhere, and it didn't just magically happen this season.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Isn't it fair to say Fox and his staff built that defense, and kubiak is reaping the rewards? Wade Phillips is a great d.c. but that team has talent everywhere, and it didn't just magically happen this season.
You mean like Jon Gruden and Tampa?

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
case in point: John Elway's a genius.

he also thought Tim Tebow was legit, I guess.

John Elway: 'Tim Tebow's Not Going Anywhere'
LightGloomyBarracuda.gif

mecha

Liked Posts:
Broncos defense was not strong 2 years ago. They had the #1 offense and #19 defense. All their other ranks in D were in the late teens or 20's.

The exact opposite is true this year. They are #1 in defense and #16 in offense with all their offensive ranks in the late teens or 20's. I expect similar results though except maybe Carolina doesn't win 43-8..(or maybe they do).

The rest of what you said pretty much rings true.

for some reason I thought they were ranked 2nd only to the Seahawks that year. am I thinking of last year?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
for some reason I thought they were ranked 2nd only to the Seahawks that year. am I thinking of last year?
Yes.. Last year Broncos' D did a flip (in yardage anyways) and became one of the leagues best (They were 3rd). Detroit was #2, Seahawks were #1.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't forget how bad Manning looked at the end of the regular season and playoffs last year. Among the various injuries he was playing with a torn quadriceps, similar to playing on one leg. Fox may have thought Manning was done and wouldn't agree to return the following season with Manning at QB.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Don't forget how bad Manning looked at the end of the regular season and playoffs last year. Among the various injuries he was playing with a torn quadriceps, similar to playing on one leg. Fox may have thought Manning was done and wouldn't agree to return the following season with Manning at QB.
Manning kinda did prove Fox right with the regular season Manning had.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And where was Fox last year? He was there during this D's turn around. I don't get what's different here other than Manning not getting rest. Manning looked like shit in last year's playoff game against the Indy and he would have again this year if he wasn't forced to sit with his ankle. His arm looked stronger than it has all year or the end of last year.

With as bad a Brady played and those picks, they still only won by 2 points. Had Manning's arm looked like last year's playoffs, so would have the result, regardless of coaches.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
It has been mentioned more than a few times that Manning is not a great fit for Kubiak's WCO offense. In fact I found Kubiak's predictable play calling in this game a big reason why their offense was not so great. Last year Manning put up crazy numbers because Gase like he did for Cutler created an offense utilizing Manning's strong suits. IMO Wade Philips basically pulled Kubiak's ass out of the fire by calling a great game that kept Brady guessing all game. Of course their execution was excellent on defense as well. I doubt Kubiak and Elway get another SB ring in two weeks.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was Elway's contention that da Fox didn't bring da fire and passion and instill a sense of urgency to win in his players. Maybe Kubiak has done this or maybe we're in for another SB blowout like 2 years ago. And we'll just be watching Cam and friends hand out footballs to little kids.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
It has been mentioned more than a few times that Manning is not a great fit for Kubiak's WCO offense. In fact I found Kubiak's predictable play calling in this game a big reason why their offense was not so great. Last year Manning put up crazy numbers because Gase like he did for Cutler created an offense utilizing Manning's strong suits. IMO Wade Philips basically pulled Kubiak's ass out of the fire by calling a great game that kept Brady guessing all game. Of course their execution was excellent on defense as well. I doubt Kubiak and Elway get another SB ring in two weeks.
This guy is on target.......how did that happen? Kubiaks conservative play calling yesterday almost lost it. Little dump passes and predictable runs. Manning had a strong arm yesterday. Let him use his genius and ability to see the field

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
The Broncos made the Superbowl off of the defense Fox and co created. The Bronco are going to lose to Carolina too. So what changed.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:

Have you seen Manning? He can barely throw 30 yards now.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Did Fox not take both Carolina and Denver to Superbowls?

Elway can't be crowned a genius until Kubiak wins this Superbowl.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I am glad Kubiak helped build that defense.... Wait