Emery & Trestman refuse to give Tucker vote of confidence

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
The weird thing about this is early on in the press conference, Emery seemed very happy that Jay Cutler was sticking up for Mel Tucker. Maybe it doesn't mean much, but I just found that interesting.
I kinda felt it was just a sense of Cutlers leadership is what Emery was happy about. No pointing fingers.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Folks are insane.

Its been too long already. If Tucker was going, he would already be gone. Emery is too smart and decisive to derp around making a decision while all the best DC's are snapped up by other teams.

To say it another way, Emery seems like a guy that is always on top of shit. He's a tireless worker. No way in hell he waited until after the last game to start evaluating his coaches. I mean, you really think Emery has waited until now to look at the tape and evaluate Tucker? No way.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Well, way Trest is talking Mel's going nowhere.

Bad move Trestman. No excuses for worst D in 50 damn years. N there was some AWFUL teams in those years. The hell is wrong with you

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Folks are insane.

Its been too long already. If Tucker was going, he would already be gone. Emery is too smart and decisive to derp around making a decision while all the best DC's are snapped up by other teams.

To say it another way, Emery seems like a guy that is always on top of shit. He's a tireless worker. No way in hell he waited until after the last game to start evaluating his coaches. I mean, you really think Emery has waited until now to look at the tape and evaluate Tucker? No way.

That's not a large reflection of his style from what he did last year.

He didn't go out right away and snag top guys. He went on a slow elaborate search of many and that's what he talks about doing for his decisions.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's not a large reflection of his style from what he did last year.

He didn't go out right away and snag top guys. He went on a slow elaborate search of many and that's what he talks about doing for his decisions.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Oh yeah?

After Trestman was signed, how long did it take to fill out the rest of the staff?

And either way, we are talking about the decision to let Tucker go, not so much the process to find his replacement.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Trestman said he needs to look at what he could do to help Mel. I suggest packing boxes and a volunteer list of guys to pack the U-Haul. The second part will be easy.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh 7m

Odd. If Trestman is so sold on Mel Tucker, as he sounds, why not just say he's returning rather than ignite speculation he knows exists

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Tucker's Job On The Line

During the press conference this morning, Marc Trestman was asked about possible staff changes and all he would say is that "we'll evaluate everything going forward, including the performance of the coaching staff beginning with myself." It sounds like Trestman refuses to give Tucker and more a vote of confidence in their jobs. This obviously means their jobs are on the line. This now gives a chance at Tucker and more losing their jobs. :buttrock:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have they been directly asked if Tucker is returning? Cause it is weird if they are avoiding answering that.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@ZachZaidman: Trestman says coaching decisions are made with Emery.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Huh? Why do you think HCs are required to give a vote of confidence every time some goofy reporter asks the question

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Coaching changes are still up in the air, really. They haven't been certain with anything yet. Woo

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
[ QUOTE=WindyCity;1183981]@ZachZaidman: Trestman says coaching decisions are made with Emery.[/QUOTE]

Sure is. They talk about it but the final decision is on Emery cause if course he's the one that hires people.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk Pro

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Have they been directly asked if Tucker is returning? Cause it is weird if they are avoiding answering that.

They're talking about how they gave the coaches some time away after how disappointing the last game was and now that the coaches will be coming back here soon they will "emerge out from under this building (Halas Hall)" and everything will become clear after they talk with the coaches.

Sounds like everything is 50/50 right now with Tucker.