End of Age restriction

Scout200

Liked Posts:
The NBA players hope to end the age restriction that forbids players from entering the NBA directly out of high school. How will this decision impact the NBA?

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
It doesn't bother me. If their good, let them come early.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most guys aren't good enough to do it anyway. Let the ones that can handle it in to the league instead of going through the motions in college for a year.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
they need to cut this 1 year thing horse shit... either no age restriction or minimum three years like football this one and done garbage is turrible:turrible:

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree with ya, BP. To me, there isn't one good reason why an 18 year old is refused from joining a skilled workforce (as long as he's wanted).

See this nail?

0a4fb766-c7ef-44d8-9c4e-6801a0d40edf.jpg

you hit it on the head..

--

This is just like any other workforce in the US.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
enforce the baseball rule...either you don't go to college and skip to the pros or go overseas(although there would be no point with the new rule i guess?) or stay atleast 3 years in college....

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
Making them go to college is rediculous. If they have the skills and no want for higher education then let them play.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not a college fan of well, really any sport, and I can understand the plight and disappointment of a ruling (if validated) would bring to those who are, but I'd rather see scholarships go to kids who are serious about a back-up plan or prefer to utilize the degree earned. You know, kids who actually want a higher education, as HD stated.

Forcing some of these kids to steal money for a year (granted, the university probably makes out fine with the ROI) to not attend/completely disregard courses and stay in the country doesn't seem right considering they may full well be capable of earning a living instead of wasting a year because they have to.

Lift it.

Last edited:

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I disagree with ya, BP. To me, there isn't one good reason why an 18 year old is refused from joining a skilled workforce (as long as he's wanted).

If 18 is the age to enter the draft, you should be able to do whatever you wish at the age of 18.

I hate seeing 1 and dones in NCAA Basketball like John Wall but if they are of age...they can do whatever they want.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is bad for the college game..but I feel like if you're 18, you're an adult and it should be your decision to make.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I am a believer that no job requires a college education. Going to school should be voluntary once you are an adult. The way you choose to learn a trade, should be subject to the person who is making their own life choices and those who choose to accept the individual. This includes every field, including ALL pro sports.

Iago for POTM.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Its bad for the NBA because all these high school kids are by far the best on there team and they will come in raw and just think they can take every shot, not pass and it will be easy like high school.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Thats when coaches kick in....

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Its bad for the NBA because all these high school kids are by far the best on there team and they will come in raw and just think they can take every shot, not pass and it will be easy like high school.

There is good and bad that comes with "raw" talent. I could counter that argument, and tell you that teams draft players who excel in some systems, only to watch them bust in the NBA.
The same risks will occur either way. Heck, have you ever lived in a frat house? Don't tell me you believe college matures players any better than the real world.

IMO College ball was better, when players who wanted to be there, were there. A one and done player does not really want to be there.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a basketball fan by any means, but the arguement that at 18 they should do as they please is a farce. At 18, still to young, dumb, quite arrogant and immature to handle something that big, let alone a multimillion contract. Sure they aint going to mature in a frat house, but at least they learn better fundamentals to the respected sport. And how many times do we hear that the college experience was essential to their development as a player And as a person? At 18, to irresponsibile imo.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

wasnt bad for kobe,lebron,d howard,t mac,etc.

not saying there arent players as you mentioned but there are some like say John Wall or this year probably Sullinger and Irving that dont need college and shouldn't have to go....if they are 18 they should be able to have their job of choice(which would be the NBA)

Scout200

Liked Posts:
wasnt bad for kobe,lebron,d howard,t mac,etc.

not saying there arent players as you mentioned but there are some like say John Wall or this year probably Sullinger and Irving that dont need college and shouldn't have to go....if they are 18 they should be able to have their job of choice(which would be the NBA)

Excellent point! Players like Lebron and Amar'e have proven that they belong from jump. Look at the league's present superstars and stars... Most of them came in straight out of high school or immediately after their freshman year.

Amar'e Stoudamire
Brandon Jennings
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Bosh
Derrick Rose
Dwight Howard
John Wall
Josh Smith
Kevin Durant
Kevin Garnett
Kevin Love
Kobe Bryant