ESPN’s Over/Under For 2018 Bears: 6.5 wins

Toast88

Liked Posts:
How about it? Would you consider a 7-9 season next year a step in the right direction? Hard to say pre-free agency and pre-draft, but I’m thinking more of 8-8 as the benchmark for me to believe that the team is heading in the right direction, although I suppose it will also rely on the eye test. In any case, here’s an ESPN story in their over/under for the Bears.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...gas-win-totals-all-32-nfl-teams-unders-season

Chicago Bears

Projected 2018 over/under: 6.5 wins (Over -130, Under +110)

The Bears will be a sleeper pick in plenty of places, and indeed, people who didn't catch onto the 2017 Rams until it was too late will look at Chicago as the team most similarly constructed to Los Angeles. It could very easily work out that way, but it would be aggressive to look at Jared Goff, a quarterback who was a mess in Year 1 and a franchise quarterback in Year 2, and assume Mitchell Trubisky will make the same sort of drastic strides forward in his sophomore campaign. Most teams that go 0-6 in their division improve the following season, but the Bears will still be up against the NFC North. This one would go up with juice on the over.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
FA and the draft have not happened yet. But giving adds have? lol what a waste of time.

Reactions: DC

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But honestly, too early to tell. At this point, I would say 5-11 or 6-10. After free agency and the draft, maybe it could be 7-9 or 8-8.

At the end of the day, it's going to depend on how Trubs develops. If he has a Wentz/Goff like improvement, then even 11-5 is doable. But if he plays like he did last year, then definitely not better than .500.

Guess Who

Liked Posts:
Yes it's too early but I'll bet a hundred just for the hell of it.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
How about it? Would you consider a 7-9 season next year a step in the right direction? Hard to say pre-free agency and pre-draft, but I’m thinking more of 8-8 as the benchmark for me to believe that the team is heading in the right direction, although I suppose it will also rely on the eye test. In any case, here’s an ESPN story in their over/under for the Bears.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...gas-win-totals-all-32-nfl-teams-unders-season

Chicago Bears

Projected 2018 over/under: 6.5 wins (Over -130, Under +110)

The Bears will be a sleeper pick in plenty of places, and indeed, people who didn't catch onto the 2017 Rams until it was too late will look at Chicago as the team most similarly constructed to Los Angeles. It could very easily work out that way, but it would be aggressive to look at Jared Goff, a quarterback who was a mess in Year 1 and a franchise quarterback in Year 2, and assume Mitchell Trubisky will make the same sort of drastic strides forward in his sophomore campaign. Most teams that go 0-6 in their division improve the following season, but the Bears will still be up against the NFC North. This one would go up with juice on the over.

They had us going 9-7 in 2016...

So...

yea.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...edictions-analysis-regular-season-picks-games

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I think they should be in the playoffs next year—or at the very least, they need to be in competition for a playoff spot late in the year. So, I guess, 8-8, 9-7, 10-6.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
The Bears lost some very close games. They had the 2nd toughest schedule in the NFC. They beat and nearly beat some play off teams with a Coach that played to win on defense and conservative play. Our special teams Coach was poor. We had no deep passing game. We had an utter failure at qb for 4 games. We had a terrible fg kicker. I think 9-7 is doable, if the schedule is average, if the coaching is more aggressive, if the passing game is more than 10 yards, if we have above average special teams, we dont give away 3 games and get an average fg kicker.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its going to take a lot of injuries and a train wreck of a season to not get at least 7 wins. I'm actually expecting no worse than an 8-8 season myself. Then again we still have to see if we end up losing any players in free agency and how this team shakes our after the draft as well. Too much still up in the air.