ESPN’s Over/Under For 2018 Bears: 6.5 wins

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Its going to take a lot of injuries and a train wreck of a season to not get at least 7 wins. I'm actually expecting no worse than an 8-8 season myself. Then again we still have to see if we end up losing any players in free agency and how this team shakes our after the draft as well. Too much still up in the air.

Its tough to say. My gut tells me this team is a 6 or 7 win team next year but you see teams go from the basement to the penthouse far too many times to completely rule out a playoff run. Too many question marks to say at this point.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
But honestly, too early to tell. At this point, I would say 5-11 or 6-10. After free agency and the draft, maybe it could be 7-9 or 8-8.

At the end of the day, it's going to depend on how Trubs develops. If he has a Wentz/Goff like improvement, then even 11-5 is doable. But if he plays like he did last year, then definitely not better than .500.

If he plays like he did last year, the Bears might want to look at a new QB in the 2019 draft.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why the fuck is this even being discussed? we have not had free agency or the draft.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Even though it will be the 1st year of the new coaching staff, I can't see how it could be worse than Fox. That's addition subtraction. Add Trubs in his 2nd year and less injuries than this season, and I think we are looking at 8-8. And that is pretty much worst case scenario...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A lot will depend on the plan with the O side. If they will try to maximize Trubs or install most of a diverse O. Either way, I would look at less than .500 as a disappointment.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
But honestly, too early to tell. At this point, I would say 5-11 or 6-10. After free agency and the draft, maybe it could be 7-9 or 8-8.

If the Bears lose in double digits again, Snails's "rebuild" is going in circles . . .

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It was 6 last year and most picked over. Vegas won and they usually do. However if this team doesn’t win 8 games then there was major problem.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Normal Draft and Free Agency: I think that 7-8 wins is about where the team is at.

Really Good Draft and Free Agency: I think they could have a 10-6 and wildcard run.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
That's why it's being discussed, because there's nothing else to discuss lol.

I'd be pretty happy with 8 wins at this point.

We need more mocks!! lol

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
It was 6 last year and most picked over. Vegas won and they usually do. However if this team doesn’t win 8 games then there was major problem.

What? I thought it was common knowledge we were going to star 1-7 last year with a best case of 2-6.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I was really confident the Bears would win at least 7 games last year and the over/under was set at, I believe 5.5. I'm not a betting man, but I really wanted to take that bet. Looks like I would have lost...

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
I am all over the over.....

Does it even matter, no.

Then again, what on here really matters, not much.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Over.

It's not possible to have a record breaking IR list for a fourth consecutive year...right? RIGHT???

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Over.

It's not possible to have a record breaking IR list for a fourth consecutive year...right? RIGHT???

sigh.....we have never led the league in IR for the past 6 years at least....