CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Everybody has their most hated ESPN on air talent, that has nothing to do with this. Gus is right $8B is nuts and that number has nothing to do with salaries.

There is only one reason, paying way too much for the rights to air NFL, MLB, NBA games. They can't just bail on those contracts so they cut people, the people being cut didn't choose to overspend on those rights contracts.

As always the guys that fucked everything up sit safe and sound in their ivory tower, while the people that had nothing to do with those horrible decisions are on the street. The on air talent will be fine, no tears for them, some of the behind the camera people that got dumped a while back are still out of work. ESPN bought rights like one of the big 4 networks, the guys running the network overspent like a kid with his first credit card.
Actually, it has everything to do with left-wing SJW politics, you snowflake libtard.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If I could thank this post 50 times I would. Gotten really old hearing Jamelle and Stephan A turn everything into a race issue.

PS: There are other sports other than the NBA.

Well apparently the cuts have nothing to do with all the giant contracts ESPN signed for the right to air College football, NFL, MLB, NBA, tennis, etc...

It was race all along.

778763873752022852.gif

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Well apparently the cuts have nothing to do with all the giant contracts ESPN signed for the right to air College football, NFL, MLB, NBA, tennis, etc...

It was race all along.

778763873752022852.gif

Those giant contracts wouldn't hurt so bad if the ratings were not down and people actually still paid for subscriptions.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just read that ESPN will pay $8,000,000,000 for programming THIS YEAR. They've also lost 15 million subscribers since 2011.

I'll never understand the people who talk about "lefty politics is the reason why ESPN sucks now," when the simple math is staring them in the face.

Those giant contracts wouldn't hurt so bad if the ratings were not down and people actually still paid for subscriptions.

If that $8B was $4B I'll bet there are no layoffs. The network executives fucked up and spent too much on airing rights, declining ratings never help, but not $8B worth of pain. It sure as hell has nothing to do with a few weeping pussies that can't handle the opinions of certain black people.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Middle America wants to pop open a beer and listen to sports talk; they don't want to be lectured about why Caitlyn Jenner is a hero, why Michael Sam is the new Jackie Robinson of sports, and why Colin Kaepernick is the next Rosa Parks.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It all started when a tranny got a courage award

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Middle America wants to pop open a beer and listen to sports talk; they don't want to be lectured about why Caitlyn Jenner is a hero, why Michael Sam is the new Jackie Robinson of sports, and why Colin Kaepernick is the next Rosa Parks.
So they need a safe space?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
And why do you think ratings are down other than cord cutters which effects everyone?

Probably because things like PTI, First Take, Around the Horn, whatever, are just not good programming. That is regardless of whatever perceived bias viewers may think they have.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Jenner was a ridicules PC lame ass move. The other two, WTF? No one ever said anything like that, ever.

n37nkkimyns6wr51ud16_400x400.jpeg

It's actually pretty funny that some guys are still trying to figure out the ESPN layoffs. Hint $8B.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
ESPN can't compete when there are niche channels for each sport. If I want MLB news, I go to MLB Network. If I want NFL news, I go to NFL Network. I don't have to sit through golf highlights to see what I want anymore.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ESPN can't compete when there are niche channels for each sport. If I want MLB news, I go to MLB Network. If I want NFL news, I go to NFL Network. I don't have to sit through golf highlights to see what I want anymore.

If I want Lebron talk, I tune in to ESPN tho

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This is amazing to me, am I to expect that if First Take did no topics that revolved around politics that it would be highly rated??

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is amazing to me, am I to expect that if First Take did no topics that revolved around politics that it would be highly rated??

highly doubt it. Most men are at work and not home watching tv in the morning. Also, even if I were home, I just can't stand Stephen A screaming. Can't make an argument without screaming. Has nothing to do with liberal politics or anything like that

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
highly doubt it. Most men are at work and not home watching tv in the morning. Also, even if I were home, I just can't stand Stephen A screaming. Can't make an argument without screaming. Has nothing to do with liberal politics or anything like that
That's my point. Stephen A sucks. He shouldn't be on television at all, and that's regardless of his politics.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I stopped watching ESPN when they went all in on the Skip Bayless/Stephen A Smith vacuous shoutathons.

Give me Zack Lowe and Bill Barnwell and I'll watch. Give me old school SportsCenter that was actually fun to watch, and I'll pay for a subscription.

ESPN looked at garbage local sports radio and turned that braindead, aggro bullshit into their entire line up. Give me ESPN programming that hearkens back to the Stu Scott/Kenny Mayne/Steve Levy/Rich Eisen/Keith Olberman SportsCenter days and I'm in.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Stephen A. Smith absolutely murders the English language pretty much every time I hear him and no one ever calls him on it. Uses random big words incorrectly all the time.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disney purchased ESPN and has taken a bottom line approach, structuring massive layoff quota's for them that began last year and will continue for a couple more.

COMCAST is trying to suck the life out of poor america before they probably file bankruptcy and take billions off into the sunset for upper management. With everyone switching to digital, ESPN has to trim the fat and become less of a Titanic in a more competive media market open to little guys.