ESPN: Matt Forte wants to resign with Bears, but pessimistic about return

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I guaran fucking T you that if Forte re-signs elsewhere he blows up, and goes for 1500+ all purpose yards. Bill in NE would make him a superstar once again. Give home some real coaches.

*Big Forte Homer posting above.

He might do that this year even with being out 3 1/2 games...

Reactions: DC

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
If Forte doesn't have a problem sharing carries for the next 2 years I think that they should sign him.

Langford is the back of the future IMO, but Fox does like to have a vet in the backfield.

Fox definitely prefers RB by committee but not sure if that means he will value having Forte to go along with his RB that he drafted and whatever RB they may draft or bring in via FA this year.

As always I'm sure the price tag is going to be the deciding factor. I heard Forte himself on the radio today, say that he offered the team a chance to sign him for a few more years. The interesting part was his recognition that his age is a factor and knowing he shouldn't be looking to get signed to a huge contract like his last one. He said he already made the big money and that isn't the overriding factor.

Who knows, I suppose we will all have to wait a few months to see how it works out and it really does suck to be looking forward to the draft and off-season at this time of the year.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
What happen to demarco Murray when he left Dallas? Getting paid 7 million a year and not being fed the ball. A good oline is more important than an RB. 5 million can go to a RT.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
What happen to demarco Murray when he left Dallas? Getting paid 7 million a year and not being fed the ball. A good oline is more important than an RB. 5 million can go to a RT.

A good O-line / D-line is the foundation I would start with, when building an NFL football team.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

He also went to the worst team for his style of play.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Bye Matt. You were good and you got paid but you aren't worth what you think you are these days.

You can stay with the team that drafted (and paid you) and finish out your career revered or go to another team for a big pay day.... wait, what am I thinking, thi sis the NFL, of course it's all about money.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bye Matt. You were good and you got paid but you aren't worth what you think you are these days.

You can stay with the team that drafted (and paid you) and finish out your career revered or go to another team for a big pay day.... wait, what am I thinking, thi sis the NFL, of course it's all about money.

You have no idea what you're talking about

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:

1. He's not getting 5 million and he knows and accepts it

2. Even if he did we could afford a good RT

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
money is going to be diverted elsewhere..expect to see langford and carey next year...just hoping forte does not follow peppers and end up in puke green and snot yellow....puck the fackers...

Last edited:

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I'd question Forte's passion to win if he really wants to resign with the Bears. This team will be lucky if it wins another 5 games next year. Go chase a ring, Matt. You don't owe the Bears shit for them wasting your career as a premiere NFL back. I also hope this is Pace's recommendation to Matt by telling him he deserves better at the present time.

I also recognize that Matt is likely saying this as a PR move and, he really has no intention or desire to resign with the Bears, but the meatball fans need to be soothed at the end of the day.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Previously, I would have said let him go. But for those who think the Bears have better options on the team now, I think you're wrong.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:

PROFESSIONAL Football.

I think it'll be predicated on how much of a hometown discount Matt is prepared to give.

I recently got a part time gig and took the 2nd highest pay offered because of proximity and knowing the GM from past dealings and being comfortable with her.

It's always SOMEWHAT about the pay and SOMEWHAT a combination of other things. Stop pretending work isn't work.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No way on Earth is Eddie Royal more deserving of a 3 yr $15 million dollar contract than Matt Forte is.

Eddie Royal was a bad signing.

You should not base value off of a bad signing.