ESPN: Mooney is a #3 WR

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Quibbling over whether Mooney is a No. 1, 2, or 3 WR diverts attention from the real problem. Mooney is a good player, but after Mooney the Bears have an untried rookie with one good college season and a bunch of No. 4 WRs who have been rejected from multiple teams.

So teams can double team Mooney and if Mooney, a slight guy, is injured, the passing games, as poor as it already is, gets much worse. WR should have neen a top priority in the draft and free agency, but the new regime, apparently decided to go in another direction. Doesn't bode well for our young QB.
Again, who did we have last year that took the focus away from Mooney? He was the only legit WR we had on the team, in a crap offense, and STILL produced. Why do you think he’s not going to be able to now?

napo55

Liked Posts:
Again, who did we have last year that took the focus away from Mooney? He was the only legit WR we had on the team, in a crap offense, and STILL produced. Why do you think he’s not going to be able to now?
I guess you didn't understand my post. Mooney is a very good receiver. The problem is that there is no other proven receiver. Maybe that's why the Bears were one of the worst teams in receiving yards.

So my problem isn't with Money. It's with the people who decided not to prioritize receivers in the draft and free agency.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Pringle wasn't rejected by KC, they tried to resign him. He was tendered last year. He is a legit #2
I think people forget that by the time of the playoffs Pringel had moved up to be the #2 WR option for KC and the #3 overall behind Hill and Kelce.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mooney is an easy number #2 on just about every team in the NFL.

Look at most WR stats for their first two years and Mooney is an easy #2 WR

This is a Special person conversation

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I guess you didn't understand my post. Mooney is a very good receiver. The problem is that there is no other proven receiver. Maybe that's why the Bears were one of the worst teams in receiving yards.

So my problem isn't with Money. It's with the people who decided not to prioritize receivers in the draft and free agency.
I understand that. But Mooney did well with worse help and in a much worse offense last year. So why would we assume this season will be different for him?

90sBullsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Kansas City Royals
  1. Kansas City Chiefs
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Northern Iowa Panthers
Mooney's a #2 and Pringle's a #3. Unfortunately, the Bears need them to be a #1 and a #2. Hopefully they can step up.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
AH bullshit. He was the #27 WR in fantasy last year. 81-1055-4. That's pretty impressive. NOT a WR3. If his TDs were more like EIGHT, he'd be an elite WR. Top 15.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On a HANDFUL of teams he'd be the WR3. A team with elite WR, sure. But not MOST teams.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
But of course you need to factor in that he didn't play as our #3 WR last year, he played mostly as our #1. If he would of been playing as our #3 behind ARob and add any other #2 WR in there with him then he wouldn't of had 1000 yds.
You are a fucking idiot.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I have. Mooneys career stats are worse than all 4 WRs I mentioned (Aka two good teams).

Let me know exactly where I’m wrong?

Thanks
More rec than anyone you mentioned in their 1st 2 seasons.
More yards than Cupp

That's where you were undeniably, statistically wrong.

Then if you factor in that he was the #1 while playing with ARIII, he would clearly be the #2 in LA. So wrong again.
And factor in the handicapped of playing with poor coaching and poor QB play and his results under the circumstances is heads and shoulders better than all of the others.Wrong thrice.

In short:

D Mooney
1652472784923.png

Cooper Kupp
1652472490352.png
AR III
1652472577807.png
Hill:
1652472726503.png
Waddle
1652472642368.png

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just take the L and move on Bro

napo55

Liked Posts:
I understand that. But Mooney did well with worse help and in a much worse offense last year. So why would we assume this season will be different for him?
I don't assume Mooney will not be as effective. Once again, the problem is not with Mooney. The problem is lack of quality receivers to compliment Mooney. Hope that's clear.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
but on a good team tho?

2021:
1652475830495.png

Does he have the worst hands of this group yes. Did he have the worst coach in the NFL, also yes. He's a fringe WR1.
I mean ESPN's argument is really sound. Every receiving target below Williams and Allen on LAC are #3 targets on a good team i.e. LAC, Kelce, Godwin, Lamb...and of course Mooney. I mean how can you argue with facts?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean ESPN's argument is really sound. Every receiving target below Williams and Allen on LAC are #3 targets on a good team i.e. LAC, Kelce, Godwin, Lamb...and of course Mooney. I mean how can you argue with facts?
You been drinking or something lol?